The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview with Jeff Hardy

+5
Adam D
dyrewolfe
Dolphin Ziggler
talkingpoint
Hero
9 posters

Go down

Interview with Jeff Hardy Empty Interview with Jeff Hardy

Post by Hero Sat 02 Feb 2013, 8:13 pm

Here are some more excerpts from Jeff Hardy's interview with MLive.com covering his in-ring style, the future of TNA and more. Check out the highlights:

On his career of Michigan and the Detroit area: "I always think of Rob Van Dam; he's from Battle Creek, and I always think about Eminem and the movie ‘8 Mile.' Just when it comes to wrestling, the fans always great - and I've been with both companies. They're just great each and every time and I look forward to coming back."

On how he's still able to do his risky in-ring style: "I really have no answer for that (laughing). I think I'm just lucky more than anything. I was wrestling with my brother for years, and he had several injuries along the way. I've had injuries, but nothing that's put me under the knife - yet. I'm 35 now and I'm feeling pretty good now. I'm taking extremely good care of myself. I think my daughter has a lot to do with my new-found success and my belief in myself. Overall, I think I'm just lucky, and I hope I continue to be lucky. But I do get a lot more nervous now. But I'm doing good, I'm doing good, and everything is alright."

On whether he feels more pressure to put on risks with the rise of UFC and other extreme sports: "Yeah, with me there is because I can't tell you how man time I heard ‘Man, you don't have to do all that stuff.' Well, OK, then what do I do? If I didn't do what I do - even now - I think it would really be hard to be Jeff Hardy (in the ring); a complete character change, whatever it may be. Yeah, I feel pressure, but I think overall smarter now (about my career). As far as being different and strange, I've got that down, and the creatures (his fans) have been great and with me every step of the way. And sure, there's people still out there that find ways to dislike or despise me, and those people just make me stronger."

On what he's learned in his career: "I've learned a lot, you know, and I've been through a lot. I'm good at professional wrestling, and I always will be good, but what's always been different about me is that I can't completely focus on professional wrestling. If I could, there's no telling who or what I'd be right now. But I have to ride motorcycles, I have to paint, I have to write songs, I have to try and get better performing (in the ring and on stage with music). There's so many things I have to do other than wrestle. Here at TNA, what's so cool is that they've given me more time to focus on all those things. And they've put me in a great position to be a great professional wrestler. Things are really starting to happen now; my evolution is really in full effect and the music is going great. Everything is just kind of going real well. There's so much to do now. I'm on the good stuff now and using my talent through all my other talents, including those outside of wrestling."

On TNA's future: "The sky is the limit. There's so many talent guys here. I've worked with Austin Aries several times, Bobby Roode; those guys are phenomenal. There's guys like A.J. Styles; he's unbelievable. These kinds of guys are just getting it done, man. And when they do get the chances, they take full advantage. It just takes time, the product is going to get better and better. I don't know what the next five or 10 years will bring, but I definitely think TNA will continue to grow. I'm not sure where exactly it's going or how it's going to be but it's definitely going to be changing the game."

On whether the physical or mental grind is hardest in wrestling these days: "The physical is pretty bad, man. That's for sure. But I've started doing yoga with my wife and I think it's helping a little bit. It's tough, man, just mentally. It takes a hold of me sometimes, too. I always want to be good and do well in anything that I do. I stress myself out a lot of times wanting to be too over the top or whatever it may be. But its hand in hand as far as I go. Having a family know, you naturally miss home. But whenever I get into the ring I'm out there to do a job. I always have the support from the creatures and that helps me through."

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Interview with Jeff Hardy Empty Re: Interview with Jeff Hardy

Post by talkingpoint Sat 02 Feb 2013, 8:36 pm

cool interview, I do like the fact that Jeff Hardy the wrestler is just an extension of Jeff Hardy the person. He is an artist at heart and that comes through in his persona in the ring and on TV; to continue to throw himself about at 35 is impressive if you ask me, especially considering he's been wrestling for so long already, I mean how many swanton bombs has he landed in his career?! Hardy may not be the most naturally charismatic on the mic, he may not be able to command an audience with his words, but his in ring style certainly makes up for that and I do honestly think he is a worthy TNA world champ. Sometimes I wish they'd focus the product alittle more around him but at least the world title match is always the main event on a TNA PPV card and the before the bell documentaries always focus on the world title picture too. Just a shame Hogan still has to splash his name on every advert.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 02 Feb 2013, 8:43 pm

I do feel Jeff gets a hard deal from the IWC due to his times off the bandwagon. Take those occasions out of the spectrum and you've got a guy who has put on decent matches for a long period of time, was in one of the best tag teams going and towards of his WWE run was challenging if not surpassing Cena for top baby face.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 02 Feb 2013, 11:45 pm

Cant see him going back to WWE if he struggles to deal with the mentality of TNA. One place of work is no struggle compared to countrywide tours

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 03 Feb 2013, 8:46 am

one of the things about TNA is I think they'd be more honest than the WWE are with Jericho. I think if Jeff said, I don't want to renew my contract this year because I want to concentrate on my artwork or music; they'd just give him the time off, rather than writing him out of storylines and trying to keep it all kayfabe like WWE.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 04 Feb 2013, 5:43 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:Cant see him going back to WWE if he struggles to deal with the mentality of TNA. One place of work is no struggle compared to countrywide tours

Looks like thats all about to change. Dixie Carter did a piece during the Manchester show, saying that TNA is going to start touring the US, rather than just put on shows in Orlando. Maybe they'll give Hardy special dispensation to miss a few, as his other artistic endeavours demand?
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 04 Feb 2013, 7:15 pm

The difference is Dyrewolf is that the TV Tapings are double tapings (like they used to be at the Impact Zone) meaning he only really has to be on the road 2 days a month.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 04 Feb 2013, 10:12 pm

That depends if they will repeat the format from here in the US. I cant see them doing that, cant see it being good business and they will suffer with too much pretaped stuff too

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 04 Feb 2013, 10:21 pm

Yes that's what the plan is Chris, its how they used to film Raw in the older days too as it obviously saves on costs.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 05 Feb 2013, 12:26 am

Urgh, bad idea. Id have been nowhere near as shocked by the reveal of Devon by just reading it!

If theyre getting a packed crowd in for one night every two weeks rather than weekly is there not a loss of money from tickets?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 05 Feb 2013, 12:57 am

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:Urgh, bad idea. Id have been nowhere near as shocked by the reveal of Devon by just reading it!

If theyre getting a packed crowd in for one night every two weeks rather than weekly is there not a loss of money from tickets?

The costs of travelling and overheads is obviously more than they think they can bring in from ticket sales if they do it weekly.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 05 Feb 2013, 2:38 am

Ahhh yes, travelling involves moving. Still, I'm surprised they wouldnt open it up to weekly to keep the live thing. Do TNA do many house shows?

I suppose its no different to how it was on the UK tour. I didnt much like having to find out the results before I went, but then I never watch TNA live so I have no real complaint.

Overall, this is a really good move obviously. They're in New York Wrestlemania weekend too, as are a lot of others like ROH and Dragongate I believe

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 05 Feb 2013, 2:56 am

It's very common for the indie promotions to gather on wrestlemania weekend, with the large concentration of hardcore wrestling fans in the area, makes sense to bring themselves to the feeding frenzy

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 05 Feb 2013, 8:23 am

TNA are putting on far more house shows now than a couple of years ago, if you look at their website they actually have a fairly busy touring schedule compared to the old days. TNA are expanding into new territories and increasing the amount of shows they play a year.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowdy Rod Tue 05 Feb 2013, 8:40 am

Can I ask a question?

Does the talent have a contract or are they paid by the show? Or is it different per person?

Looks like TNA are really trying to do the right things. I watched the show from Manchester which is the first one I have seen in a while and really enjoyed it. The crowd were really into it. How many people were there? It looked comparable to a WWE PPV type size?

Rowdy Rod

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 05 Feb 2013, 9:12 am

5000 was the crowd at Manchester, I was there and the atmosphere was to coin the phrase 'electric'. The tv show actually doesn't give it justice at times with the commentators speaking over some of the crowds chants especially when Austin Aries was getting huge support.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 05 Feb 2013, 12:48 pm

5000 is a strong number considering TNA aren't in WWE's league yet. I have no idea about regular house show numbers in the US but if impact! could get that kind of number every fortnight for the tapings then it would be a massive boost for the product.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 05 Feb 2013, 1:29 pm

could they not keep doing house shows in florida or wherever it is they do impact? to keep the florida based tna fans happy

for how long can the likes of hardy and kurt angle, go on the road?

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 05 Feb 2013, 1:32 pm

JamesLincs wrote:

Until the police manage to catch them?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 05 Feb 2013, 2:47 pm

Hero wrote:
JamesLincs wrote:

Until the police manage to catch them?

Lol. I believe he said on the road, rather than on the run. Wink

Would make an interesting film though...Oh Brother, Where Art Thou...BROTHER! Laugh
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 05 Feb 2013, 3:44 pm

Kurt Angle tweeting from the back of the car, Jeff riding shotgun high on meths and Nick Hogan driving.

BOOK IT!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down