The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ray Lewis- PEDs

5 posters

Go down

Ray Lewis- PEDs Empty Ray Lewis- PEDs

Post by Take it to the house Sun 3 Feb - 11:13

Ray Lewis has most likely take drugs in order for him to come back for one last hurrah, and it sucks. Even before this:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130129/the-strange-lab-that-lured-numerous-athletes/?sct=hp_t11_a2&eref=sihp
came to light, the suspicions were there after he came back a little more than two months later, much quicker than usual for a torn(complete!) triceps injury. For example, Ty Warren has missed most of the last two seasons with two separate triceps tears. When Arizona OT Levi Brown suffered a tear of his triceps(complete tear too) last August, they put him on their season-ending injury list. Before the season had even started. So when the above story came to light, it wasn't that shocking, and to be honest seems pretty believable.

So why aren't the NFL doing more to prevent PDEs?
Players can make whatever excuse they like when they are caught, the popular one being "Adderall". Specifically this season where two Seahawks CBs who were having brilliant seasons gave their excuse for testing positive as Adderall. They aren't even using the best method of catching cheats(biological passports, which collates athletes data over a period of time and compares the variances in for e.g. testosterone), which even FIFA have started doing in preparation for the 2014 World Cup!
So why aren't they doing more? Will they do more? Or will they only do something if someone threatens to sue them(as they did when they were threatened with lawsuit with regards to concussions)?

Take it to the house

Back to top Go down

Ray Lewis- PEDs Empty Re: Ray Lewis- PEDs

Post by Number-25 Thu 7 Feb - 3:03

I see everyone is steering clear of this one..... too controversial???? Shocked

On the torn triceps thing - it's certainly a nasty injury for an NFL player. The Redskins had a very good Guard not so long ago, Randy Thomas, who tore his tricep clean off the bone early in the 2009 season... he never played again. He had actually torn the tricep in his other arm a couple of years earlier and that did for his season that year. Only played about 3 games or so that year if I remember rightly. Definitely a nasty and potentially career ending injury.

You mustn't question Ray Lewis though.... this is the NFL, we don't ask questions like of that of our "legends". The NFL will always do what the NFL wants no matter how tacky it looks to the outside world. There's the real world and the NFL world and neither makes much sense to the other.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Take it to the house Thu 7 Feb - 7:33

Number-25 wrote:I see everyone is steering clear of this one..... too controversial???? Shocked

On the torn triceps thing - it's certainly a nasty injury for an NFL player. The Redskins had a very good Guard not so long ago, Randy Thomas, who tore his tricep clean off the bone early in the 2009 season... he never played again. He had actually torn the tricep in his other arm a couple of years earlier and that did for his season that year. Only played about 3 games or so that year if I remember rightly. Definitely a nasty and potentially career ending injury.

You mustn't question Ray Lewis though.... this is the NFL, we don't ask questions like of that of our "legends". The NFL will always do what the NFL wants no matter how tacky it looks to the outside world. There's the real world and the NFL world and neither makes much sense to the other.

Laugh
To be honest, doping seems to be/have been rife in many sports, football included (apparently anyway!)

Take it to the house

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 7 Feb - 7:33

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8904906/daring-ask-ped-question

Bill Simmons wrote an article about this two days before the Super Bowl. This guy is probably my favourite sportswriter, if you follow American sports at all he is a regular must read.

Its definitely a mystery how Ray Lewis came back so quickly, I just can't imagine he heals anywhere close to as well as a younger man, so to recover in 2 months is insane

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Take it to the house Thu 7 Feb - 8:29

BamBam wrote:http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8904906/daring-ask-ped-question

Bill Simmons wrote an article about this two days before the Super Bowl. This guy is probably my favourite sportswriter, if you follow American sports at all he is a regular must read.

Its definitely a mystery how Ray Lewis came back so quickly, I just can't imagine he heals anywhere close to as well as a younger man, so to recover in 2 months is insane
Yeah, that is a great article OK Raises some very poignant points too

Take it to the house

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 7 Feb - 11:22

But this can't be true! WHAT WOULD GOD SAY!?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 7 Feb - 14:46

Lewis has got away with murder, what are a few PED's? Nothing but a self-serving, self-infatuated thug.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 8 Feb - 4:55

Olly wrote:But this can't be true! WHAT WOULD GOD SAY!?
Laugh Well, God's got some explaining of his own to do over the whole creating the world in 7 days thing - it's some effort to do that without the use of PEDs!!

Seriously though, the NFLPA needs to get its head out of it's own ass and man up on the HGH testing issue.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down