The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boots?

+3
Irish Londoner
bsando
GLove39
7 posters

Go down

Boots? Empty Boots?

Post by GLove39 Sun 03 Feb 2013, 5:56 pm

Evening peeps, I'm after some advice.
Keen to get a new pair of rugby boots, grew out of my old ones a while back. Only not really sure what to go for.

Don't play for a team, so they're more for the occasional kick about with mates. So any advice on what to go for would be great. Ideally nothing to flashy (ie not Vincent Clerc style yellow boots!). Also I'm lucky enough to live fairly close to some rugby pitches, so boots that were good for goal kicking would be great.

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Boots? Empty Re: Boots?

Post by bsando Sun 03 Feb 2013, 10:29 pm

I've got some koogas, think they were only 40 quid but they're pretty good. Elastic strap is great, holds laces in well and heel is pretty tight, haven't lost a boot while playing. Good for what you're after I think.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Mon 04 Feb 2013, 9:50 am

Try Lovell, ProDirect Rugby or Morrant rugby on line - you will usually find some high priced boots reduced because they are last years model. Otherwise Sports Direct have a good range if you can find a large store.

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon 04 Feb 2013, 8:48 pm

If you fancy being a goal kicker i use Adi Novas if i'm going to be kicking in a game and have Adidas Predators for when i won't be.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon 04 Feb 2013, 8:50 pm

http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/Rugby-Boots/Adidas/Adidas-R15-II-SG-Rugby-Boots-Black-or-Blue-or-White

Those are my next ones.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 07 Feb 2013, 5:53 pm

Ignore names, brands and sales details about what theyre good for. Try on as many boots as you can in store within your price range and choose the most comfotable, simple as that.

Any boot you buy will mould around your foot, weight distribution and movement styles you have anyway, Ive owned just about every named pair you can imagine but my favourites are a silver pair of under armours designed for backs (I'm a lock/9/centre) they cost £16 from a closing down sale and a mizuno pair again designed for backs that cost £15 (after the first pair I returned and bought 4 more pairs) from sports direct.

Ive had predators, superfly and vortex in the past (which were pretty expensive) and none of them compared to the comfort I have now. My point is everyone will tell you you HAVE to try X, Y, or Z because they have them, ignore it and try as many as you can, I know of a few pro's who try boots on blindfolded and select the best fit then find out what brand they are, and he selects the Addidas EVERY TIME!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 18 Feb 2013, 9:40 am

God! I remember getting my first pair of Adidas Cap in the late 70's, think I slept with them early on I loved them so much - The thread just reminded me what playing really meant as a 17 year old thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon 18 Feb 2013, 10:51 am

RubyGuby wrote:God! I remember getting my first pair of Adidas Cap in the late 70's, think I slept with them early on I loved them so much - The thread just reminded me what playing really meant as a 17 year old thumbsup
I had a pair of Adidas Caps, too. Got them used. Hope they weren't yours after you slept with them. That would be disgusting..............

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 18 Feb 2013, 11:19 am

doctor_grey wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:God! I remember getting my first pair of Adidas Cap in the late 70's, think I slept with them early on I loved them so much - The thread just reminded me what playing really meant as a 17 year old thumbsup
I had a pair of Adidas Caps, too. Got them used. Hope they weren't yours after you slept with them. That would be disgusting..............

Funny enough they were screw ins to thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Mon 04 Mar 2013, 12:19 am

Know this is very late in the day, but just wanted to say cheers for all the advice chaps. Ended up with a pair of Gilbert's, a bargain at only 30 odd quid thumbsup

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down