The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England Changes Vs Ireland?

+48
Sugarlump
aitchw
EnglishReign
Jimpy
bluestonevedder
rodders
Hound_of_Harrow
LuvSports!
Hookisms and Hyperbole
Mind the windows Tino.
robbo277
king_carlos
nathan
Chjw131
ME-109
SecretFly
DaveM
sirtidychris
dragonbreath
WELL-PAST-IT
gboycottnut
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
majesticimperialman
UlstermaninGlasgow
A World Cup and 3 Finals
gregortree
timhen
Bathman_in_London
propdavid_london
LondonTiger
nobbled
GunsGerms
Omelette
Barney McGrew did it
screamingaddabs
Triangulation
lostinwales
damage_13
yappysnap
beshocked
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
fa0019
AlastairW
pbuk0
dummy_half
Duty281
Biltong
HQ matt
52 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

England Changes Vs Ireland? - Page 3 Empty England Changes Vs Ireland?

Post by HQ matt Mon 04 Feb 2013, 8:08 am

First topic message reminder :

I thought it was a good all round team performance from England against the Scots, particularly in the pack but I do not think anyone had a bad game as such. England showed the intent to move the ball quickly throughout the game, this did leave them open to turnovers and counter attacks, as a result of this the likes of brown and Goode were stretched defensively. So despite what could be perceived as flaky defensive displays I think Lancaster will continue with, what has been his policy up to this point, and try to pick the same team next week.

At this point I have to say that Mike Browns positioning and decision making out on the wing was directly responsible for the Scots first try, in a game where England are not so dominant up front it is errors like this that could lead to crucial scores. I thought Brown was excellent again in attack and want to see him in the team vs Ireland. I am sure im not the only one who would like to see brown at full back and a winger brought in but I dont think Lancaster will do this as there are no wingers in the squad demanding selection. Wade should be in the squad.

Apart from that we have the potential return of Tuilagi. Now, a fit and firing tuilagi is a certain starter but the policy is play your way back in, and he should be given every opportunity to do so from the bench, if he does come back firing then the question of who he replaces will be asked on the next test weekend.

The only other selection questions may come from injuries and knocks that tend to emerge in the days after a test match but the only one I have heard is Morgans ankle and nothing to suggest he is not fit, if he isnt, its Haskell for me. Haskell is unfortunate not to be in the side anyway, different player to morgan but against a strong Irish back row it could be a benefit having him there.

HQ matt

Back to top Go down

England Changes Vs Ireland? - Page 3 Empty Re: England Changes Vs Ireland?

Post by Triangulation Mon 04 Feb 2013, 5:25 pm

Germ is right.

We must be physical but we must play smart rugby using different angles, decoy runners and offloads.

This will allow us to avoid the choke tackle and in turn generate the holy grail that is quick ball. If they cannot grab us front on by the head then they cannot choke tackle us. Simple.

I am confident that if we achieve quick ball we will have enough collective firepower to score the points necessary to win.

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Mon 04 Feb 2013, 5:53 pm

BOD has coped with the absolute best in the past and come away on top. However I wonder if he is getting a little fragile in his old age. Manu is a one off, his power and speed over a short distance is incredible, BoD will have to get every tackle spot on, if he gets it slightly wrong, Manu will break him. That would not be good in a Lions year.

Having said that, I also suspect that BOD might get the better of Manu in attack. Manu can be a bit loose defensively, either positioning or going for the man and ball tackle. If he gets on of them in early BoD will certainly know it. If he misses, Ireland are away.

I somehow think that Barritt would be a better player to mark BOD than MT, more reliable. Where that would put MT, SL only knows
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Mon 04 Feb 2013, 6:09 pm

One of my abiding memories of Tuilagi in an England shirt was him playing for the Saxons 2 years ago when Nev destroyed him. His positional play was so poor! He's improved leaps and bounds in the subsequent two years but it still remains a weakness of his. So it'll be interesting to see how Zebo/Gilroy are used outside BOD especially in the gap between Tuilagi and Brown...
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Mon 04 Feb 2013, 6:15 pm

[quote="fa0019"]Not writing him off.... writing up Tuilagi, the kid is awesome.[/quote

Don't quite get the extent of the English fans love in with Manu. He is capable of having big games but is just as likely to do nothing. He is a good player but he is no BOD/Sella/Horan/Bunce/Smith/Nonu/ Sonny Bill even, the list is frankly a pretty long one.

The English seem to think opposing teams are terrified of him. I really don't think that is the case. You have to watch him but you have to watch everyone. Things went his way against NZ but one game does not a legend make.

England looked pretty powerful and impressive against a Scottish side that I suspect is better than they were allowed to look. I wouldn't sweat about Manu, which is a nice position to be in.

I would also replace Goode, the way Hogg (not a big man) went through him without breaking stride would worry me. Brown looks more solid.

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by sirtidychris Mon 04 Feb 2013, 6:24 pm

Sounds like Morgan isn't going to make it with reports being Haskell at 6 and Wood at 8 ?? I thought it would be the other way round, doesn't haskell have alot more experience at 8, especially at international level. Hopefully Billy V will get on the bench and we will see what he can do...exciting times !

For me Goode is a great club player but lacks the speed for a quality international full back, i would much prefer to see foden and brown both on the pitch.

Marler
Youngs
Cole
Parling
Launchberry
Wood
Robshaw
Haskell

Youngs
Farrell
Foden
Twelvetrees
Tuilagi
Ashton
Brown

Wilson
Hartley
Vunipola
Lawes
Vunipola
Care
Flood
Strettle (cause we have no other wingers and farrell covers centre so we dont need barrit)

sirtidychris

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 04 Feb 2013, 7:16 pm

[quote="dragonbreath"]
fa0019 wrote:Not writing him off.... writing up Tuilagi, the kid is awesome.[/quote

Don't quite get the extent of the English fans love in with Manu. He is capable of having big games but is just as likely to do nothing. He is a good player but he is no BOD/Sella/Horan/Bunce/Smith/Nonu/ Sonny Bill even, the list is frankly a pretty long one.

The English seem to think opposing teams are terrified of him. I really don't think that is the case. You have to watch him but you have to watch everyone. Things went his way against NZ but one game does not a legend make.

England looked pretty powerful and impressive against a Scottish side that I suspect is better than they were allowed to look. I wouldn't sweat about Manu, which is a nice position to be in.

I would also replace Goode, the way Hogg (not a big man) went through him without breaking stride would worry me. Brown looks more solid.

You sound the same as bluesman last year. Bluesman whonowput Tuillagi in his fantasy team when he wasnt even playing.
Had it just been the NZ gae you might have a point. But it began in 2009 in his first ever senior club match when he had just finished playing for his school side and entered the Tigers academy and was put out to face South Africa, then reigning world and 3Ns champions. He stood up ( as did BenYoungs) and a scartch sde of kids and semi retired seniors saw them off with him being the star.
Forward to the 2010/11 season and hes stepped up to to Tigers first team squad, broke into the team ahead of guys like welvetrees, and managed to play his way into an England shirt despite missing a chunk of the seaosn and the 6 nations. Got chucked the chance to play his way into the world cup, started against Wales and scored. Started against Ireland and scored. Went to the world cu, broke into the first team and was the one player to come home with any credit.
Hes now racked up 17 starts (6 against Sanzars) and 9 tries ( a better scoring ratio than George North, Alex Cuthbert, Jamie Roberts, Leigh Halfpenny, and JD2) , along with several MOM awards. Hes certainly been englands most consistent back i the timen hes played,and only Cole matching him through that perod.
Its not justhis scoring (and assists andbraks too) but also his destructive tackling which even at test level leaves its mark (david wallaces creer for example).
Its not just the engish press, hes singled out tehe world over including the new zealand media who love him ( always prefixing his name with The Samoan..") ad often gts pladits from opposition players and coaches in interviews.

Of course you know al this, but cant bring yoursef to admit it because youre such a tirelessly blinkered nationalist and/or wind up mercant. Ill be, honest I never used to get he fuss about BOD either.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveM Mon 04 Feb 2013, 7:34 pm

If Twelvetrees stays at IC then I don't think you need Goode at FB, and seeing as he wasn't great there on Saturday you could make a change there. The only problem is I don't see a convincing back-3 alternative to bring in, what with Foden's poor form. Therefore Goode will probably play, which is fine but we should experiment with some pace once Wade, Daly or May is showing sufficient form (I think Wade is struggling a bit at present, and May isn't match-fit).

DaveM

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 04 Feb 2013, 7:48 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:it began in 2009 [for Tuilagi] .......... Ill be, honest I never used to get the fuss about BOD either.

That's probably the point. Here is a discussion which has settled a little on two players from two different generations and comparisons being made. None can be with any great accuracy in my opinion. Tuilagi is on his way, he's out of the stalls, he's up and running, and we'll see where eventually his career takes him. But that's all still mostly in the future and isn't written yet.

Two or three years before 2009, O'Driscoll was being constantly written off by critics as already past 'his best'. Meaning that two or three years before 2009, O'Driscoll had already done enough for people to be calling for the next young thing to take over, his race was run and it was considered quite successful up to that point - give someone else a chance BOD! was kinda the line.

And yet in 2009 he virtually won the GS single handedly with the force of his will (highest try scorer in 6N that year). He helped Leinster to the HEC that year too (Highest try scorer in that competition too that year)..and now he's still being mentioned in terms of Lions captaincy four years later still! - the entire duration of Tuilagi's international career so far.

Highest scoring centre of all time so far, 8th highest try scorer in totality. Three HEC titles, Four Triple Crowns, One GS, Three Lions tours, International Player of the Year Shortlist 3 times (should have won it 2009!) Highest try scorer in 6N history, International Try of the Year 2008

I know fuss is a personal thing - I fail to get fussed about Richie Gray, even when the world went mad about him a season or so ago. But I think O'Driscoll's record suggests why the fuss - fuss induced by evidence, I suppose.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Mon 04 Feb 2013, 7:53 pm

BOD is Shiite clearly

In fairness Tuilagi of the Surrey Tuilagi's has wrecked David Wallaces career and dived off a boat in New Zealand.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Mon 04 Feb 2013, 7:56 pm

Both Tuilagi and BOD are class acts.
BOD is probably my favourite of all time.
His skills are sublime - the punishment he gives his body game after game and comes back for more.
Manu is great - but it'll be a few years yet before we know if he can be as good as BOD.
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 04 Feb 2013, 8:05 pm

Brian O'Driscoll was a great player. Most neutrals (but not Kiwis so much based on their press) would acknowledge this. At 34 he is not the player that he was. The electrifying pace off the mark is no longer there and his once formidable tackling has waned a touch. However he is still a mighty fine player - but as with many is more prone to injuries, with each visit to the physio affecting him more. There was a touch of sentimentality about him being awarded MotM - but he did play well.

Manu is a young man at the start of what will hopefully be a long and productive career. It has been a fantastic start and seems to have impressed non-anglo posters on here including FA0019.

Is the fading great better than the rising tyro? Who knows but it would be great to see them head-to-head.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Mon 04 Feb 2013, 8:09 pm

On the Tuilagi point I certainly think he needs to start, probably with Barritt and 36 to drop to the bench. 36 did very well indeed but I think rushing Barritt out of the squad against Ireland isn't a great idea. If it was Italy maybe i'd try 36 and Tuilagi as I think it's our long-term combination.

What concerns me most is that Ben Morgan will be out. He adds real balance to our back-row and as well as Haskell has played he doesn't have the heavyweight impact carrying which Morgan offers.

The Tank shouldn't be gracing an England shirt again I hope he's just not a top level interntational and i'd rather see someone else there.

My solution would be to bring Mako Vunipola into the front row if we're going to play 6. Haskell 7. Robshaw 8. Wood. This brings a real carrier into the front row and Hartley who will likely replace Youngs isn't carrying particularly well either.

Otherwise i'd like to see Billy Vunipola come it at 8. I think it's too early for him frankly by about a season but we don't have another real heavyweight carrier to bring into the pack. No monster locks either.

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon 04 Feb 2013, 8:24 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Farrell looks like a 15 year old prefect not a solid unit like his dad. It always surprises me to hear just how big he actually is.

Biggest change Id like to see from England is the haircuts. Really honestly has their ever been a bigger bunch of tarts ( and Im including Wales c 2009 here) in world rugby?
Fair enough Floods always looked like hes in busted, but Whilst Marlers toned it down a bit clashing beard and head colours is a bit ridiculous. Danny Care started it with that indescribable mess, but the most disappointing to me is farrell who used to be a nice grounded northern lad with a council estate mobile barbers short back and sides...now he looks like a Toni and Guy model.
It doesn't matter what you do to your hair, those pink/purple tracksuit tops will stop you from every been mistaken for someone with credibility or style.

You do really like to whine! Lol

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 04 Feb 2013, 8:47 pm

Vunipola on the bench Haskell at 8 starting would be my choice, but i'm not sure if Billy has the focus for Int rugby yet. Worried that we'll miss a proper dynamic carrier in the backrow now if Morgan is out, Waldrom looks fatter by the day and then the only other option is Crane who at the moment makes Waldrom look dynamic.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Mon 04 Feb 2013, 11:38 pm

Personally I'd keep Tuilagi on the bench for the Ireland game, I'm a big admirer of Manu's and I've also been a critic of Barritt but he's the guy in possession and the best equipped to deal with BOD in defense.

The main change I'd make would be Brown to full-back and Foden on the left wing. We want pace out wide and Foden gives us that whilst we need our best 15 at the back and that is now Brown.

The back-row is a tough call if Morgan's out as starting someone who doesn't usually play 8 at the back of the scrum can often lead to a real struggle in the basic disciplines such as control at the base of the scrum (very important if we want clean ball for Youngs). On the other hand Wood/Robshaw have to start and after Morgan Haskell is definitely next in line for the back-row.

1.Marler 2.Youngs 3.Cole 4.Launchberry 5.Parling 6.Haskell 7.Robshaw 8.Wood 9.Youngs 10.Farrell 11.Foden 12.Twelvetrees 13.Barritt 14.Ashton 15.Brown

16.Hartley 17.Vunipola 18.Wilson 19.Lawes 20.Kvesic 21.Care 22.Flood 23.Tuilagi

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Tue 05 Feb 2013, 8:43 am

For me, other than injuries, you should only make changes if you have a player outside your team screaming for inclusion and a player in your team (in the same position) not playing well.

So that means as good as Tuilagi is (and as much as I'd love to see him go head to head with O'Driscoll), I would stick with Twelvetrees and Barritt who went well against Scotland and bring Tuilagi onto the bench ahead of Strettle. Tuilagi hasn't played in a while and he could therefore be found out by O'Driscoll and the Ireland back 3. Barritt on the other hand is defensively solid and should be better equipped to deal with the threat posed by the Irish backline. Manu can then come on as a "game-breaking" option either at 13 or on the wing.

Morgan is likely to be out, in which case I'd like to see an actual 8 put in his place, rather than Haskell or Wood. That means it would have to be Waldrom or Vunipola. It would be a baptism of fire to bring Vunipola in against the Irish back row, but Waldrom has never really impressed me at the highest level. Vunipola represents a risk, but so did Tom Youngs and Joe Launchberry when we brought them into the pack, and now they're keeping out established names (Dylan Hartley and Courtney Lawes). I'd pick Billy Vunipola at 8 if Morgan wasn't fit.

Little tweaks (such as dropping Tom Youngs or dropping Goode and moving Brown to full back) are worth discussion, but in my opinion there aren't any better players (formwise) ready to step in and take over from them. Both players played so well over the Autumn, and I'd give them another game at least. If they don't perform changes can be made for the France game, but these guys have earned another shot.

Marler, T. Youngs, Cole, Launchberry, Parling, Wood, Robshaw, B. Vunipola.
B. Youngs, Farrell, Brown, Twelvetrees, Barritt, Ashton, Goode.
Hartley, M. Vunipola, Wilson, Lawes, Haskell, Care, Flood, Tuilagi.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 05 Feb 2013, 9:30 am

I think if Morgan is missing, the case for including Manu T is strengthened (especially if Haskell is brought in as the replacement)- we need a power carrier somewhere in the team.

I think that has to mean dropping 36, despite his good debut, as Barritt's defensive skills are so strong and his last two games for England have seen him offering more in attack than previously.

The question is whether Lancaster would be bold enough to drop Flood from the bench for Billy T (who has played a decent amount of club rugby at 10), or for Strettle / Foden.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Tue 05 Feb 2013, 10:18 am

Chaps it has finally reached the point where 606 England selection discussions fun though they are, are becoming redundant. Lancaster knows the England talent production line like the back of his hand having worked with most of the guys at youth and Saxons levels. Selection is a massive part of any England Head Coach's job and he is frankly nailing it. He is massively surpassing any of this predecessors that I can remember in terms of correct selections.

We will all have our opinions over the centre combinations and who should replace Morgan. We will all have views about Brown on the wing and the need for Goode at fullback.

I have my own. It has reached the point however where I now trust Lancaster 100% on selection so whatever he decides - that is the correct decision and will give us the best chance of victory.

My abiding hope for this coming Sunday is that win lose or draw we maintain our intent to play positive rugby and we keep the faith in what were trying to achieve.

If both Ireland and England bring their A games this is going to an absolute belter of a Test Match.

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 05 Feb 2013, 10:18 am

Who ran England's defence in the backline when Barritt was injured in South Africa?

Who ran the Leicester backline defence when 36 and Tuilagi played together there?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Tue 05 Feb 2013, 10:29 am

beshocked wrote:Who ran England's defence in the backline when Barritt was injured in South Africa?

Who ran the Leicester backline defence when 36 and Tuilagi played together there?

Trick questions?

Tell us the answers (and the conclusions) Beshocked you tease!

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Tue 05 Feb 2013, 10:32 am

Flood.

I think the answer is Toby Flood.

Do i get a gold star?

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 05 Feb 2013, 10:42 am

I genuinely don't know the answer. I thought A.Allen did it when he was on the pitch for Leicester but when he wasn't....

I thought Farrell was starting 10 in South Africa. Flood couldn't have run the defence if he wasn't on the pitch!

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 05 Feb 2013, 10:46 am

I would have thought if you started with 36 and manu you go with Barritt on the bench

If you need to replace a winger you put Tuilagi out on the wing and bring in Barritt - or you even think about Care or Youngs - both of whom are smart enough to adapt and rapid enough

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 05 Feb 2013, 11:01 am

beshocked wrote:I genuinely don't know the answer. I thought A.Allen did it when he was on the pitch for Leicester but when he wasn't....

I thought Farrell was starting 10 in South Africa. Flood couldn't have run the defence if he wasn't on the pitch!

Farrell started the first test, with Barritt and tuilagi in the centre.

Flood started the second and third tests, with Tuilagi and Joseph in the centre.

As to runningthe tigers defence - this season flood has often taken the responsibility - or looks that way based on how he orders people about.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Tue 05 Feb 2013, 11:17 am

Is there any chance at all that Billy Vunipola could be thrown in at the deep end at 8??

Comments from Lancaster seem to leave the possibility open.

I do like the way Lancaster uses late selection calls (sometimes i suspect after he has already made up his mind) to keep everyone interested in training.

Whatever he is doing - it is working.

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 05 Feb 2013, 12:06 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
beshocked wrote:I genuinely don't know the answer. I thought A.Allen did it when he was on the pitch for Leicester but when he wasn't....

Flood started the second and third tests, with Tuilagi and Joseph in the centre.

As to runningthe tigers defence - this season flood has often taken the responsibility - or looks that way based on how he orders people about.

Oh right thanks for clearing that up. What would happen if 36 and Tuilagi are the centre partnership then?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 05 Feb 2013, 12:10 pm

beshocked wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:

Oh right thanks for clearing that up. What would happen if 36 and Tuilagi are the centre partnership then?

The entire planet would explode with awesome.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Tue 05 Feb 2013, 12:20 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
beshocked wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:

The entire planet would explode with awesome.

+1 Very Happy
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 05 Feb 2013, 12:24 pm

Triangulation wrote:Is there any chance at all that Billy Vunipola could be thrown in at the deep end at 8??

What is it with England and over weight 8s? Morgan and Vunipola are the Shane Lowrys of rugby.

In fact half of England's bench options seem to be real lard arses.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 05 Feb 2013, 12:29 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
Triangulation wrote:Is there any chance at all that Billy Vunipola could be thrown in at the deep end at 8??

What is it with England and over weight 8s? Morgan and Vunipola are the Shane Lowrys of rugby.

In fact half of England's bench options seem to be real lard arses.

Its not fat they just have great 'core strength'

(To be fair Morgan can certainly shift for a fat boy)

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 05 Feb 2013, 12:31 pm

Morgan, has slimmed down but he is still carrying too much weight.

Last edited by GunsGerms on Tue 05 Feb 2013, 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 05 Feb 2013, 12:37 pm

to be honest gut size shouldnt be an issue if they are hitting their performance targets. Morgan put in a great shift on Saturday and his general work rate is going up. I dont think he's ever going to be one of those 8's who do a lot a lot of dirty work (e.g. Heaslip) but it looks like his carrying can more than make up for that

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Tue 05 Feb 2013, 12:40 pm

When is the England team announced for Sunday?
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 05 Feb 2013, 12:42 pm

lostinwales wrote:to be honest gut size shouldnt be an issue if they are hitting their performance targets. Morgan put in a great shift on Saturday and his general work rate is going up. I dont think he's ever going to be one of those 8's who do a lot a lot of dirty work (e.g. Heaslip) but it looks like his carrying can more than make up for that

Yeah for sure, though the fitter you are generally the better you will be. Cian Healy for example is a prop, yet he barely has a pick of fat on him. He actually probably has a six pack, he did when he started out anyway. Is it any coincidence he is quite possibly the best player in his position in the world now?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 05 Feb 2013, 12:42 pm

nobbled wrote:When is the England team announced for Sunday?

I believe both teams will be announced on Friday.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Tue 05 Feb 2013, 12:43 pm

Thank you!
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 05 Feb 2013, 12:47 pm

GunsGerms wrote:

Doesn't SL normally name his teams on Thursday morning?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Tue 05 Feb 2013, 12:48 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

For a Saturday game yes - maybe he goes a day later with the Sunday game?
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 05 Feb 2013, 12:49 pm

nobbled wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

For a Saturday game yes - maybe he goes a day later with the Sunday game?

Yep, you may well be right. Maybe he will put it back a day.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Tue 05 Feb 2013, 1:06 pm

England's bench is primed and ready to explode lard all over the place in the last 20 minutes.

It's the last thing our opponents want to do at that stage of the game - trying to bring down determined and fast moving narhwales with generous layers of blubber to bounce off.

Genius.

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 05 Feb 2013, 1:13 pm

Oh god that reminded me. For the record I hate this but my kids sing it all the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwqXuMPsoc

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 05 Feb 2013, 1:25 pm

If we played Vunipola 1&2, Morgan, Waldrom and the rest of the wide boys could we form an impenetrable defensive line across the entire field?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 05 Feb 2013, 1:27 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:If we played Vunipola 1&2, Morgan, Waldrom and the rest of the wide boys could we form an impenetrable defensive line across the entire field?

You might have to drop Farrell for Andy Foode though.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Tue 05 Feb 2013, 1:29 pm

Perhaps we're all getting a bit too caught up with Ireland here and not focusing on our own game, which is what Lancs has been talking about recently.

The tendency is to worry about BOD and the Irish back-row I feel. Having thought on it overnight I think Tuilagi must start. Forward or back you worry about what Tuilagi is going to do, he creates uncertainty simply by being on the pitch.

Particularly with Morgan out a 36/Tuilagi partnership would be handy. I don't actually know if Billy V is still injured or not in which case we could be looking at Kvesic on the bench with Haskell covering 8.

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Tue 05 Feb 2013, 1:53 pm

Chjw131 wrote:Perhaps we're all getting a bit too caught up with Ireland here and not focusing on our own game, which is what Lancs has been talking about recently.

The tendency is to worry about BOD and the Irish back-row I feel. Having thought on it overnight I think Tuilagi must start. Forward or back you worry about what Tuilagi is going to do, he creates uncertainty simply by being on the pitch.

Particularly with Morgan out a 36/Tuilagi partnership would be handy. I don't actually know if Billy V is still injured or not in which case we could be looking at Kvesic on the bench with Haskell covering 8.

Good shout there.

I think people are worried about the choke tackle. Perhaps we should chill out on that in the knowledge that with 36, Youngs and Farrell changing the point and angle of attack and with Tuilagi' strength (are people really going to deliberately go high on him?!) and footwork we shouldnt be in the front on choke hold very much anyway.

It will be a very interesting clash of styles anyway.

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Tue 05 Feb 2013, 3:08 pm

I have noticed that with the exceptions of Healey and Heaslip, all of the Irish players have skinny little chicken legs.

I think we should exploit this. .

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 05 Feb 2013, 3:13 pm

Triangulation wrote:I have noticed that with the exceptions of Healey and Heaslip, all of the Irish players have skinny little chicken legs.

I think we should exploit this. .

How? Get Hartley & co. to nibble at them. KFC time fatties!!

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Tue 05 Feb 2013, 3:21 pm

Hartley likes a knuckle nibble, but Waldrom looks more of as pie man.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Tue 05 Feb 2013, 3:22 pm

[quote="Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler"]
dragonbreath wrote:
fa0019 wrote:Not writing him off.... writing up Tuilagi, the kid is awesome.[/quote

You sound the same as bluesman last year. Bluesman whonowput Tuillagi in his fantasy team when he wasnt even playing.
Had it just been the NZ gae you might have a point. But it began in 2009 in his first ever senior club match when he had just finished playing for his school side and entered the Tigers academy and was put out to face South Africa, then reigning world and 3Ns champions. He stood up ( as did BenYoungs) and a scartch sde of kids and semi retired seniors saw them off with him being the star.
Forward to the 2010/11 season and hes stepped up to to Tigers first team squad, broke into the team ahead of guys like welvetrees, and managed to play his way into an England shirt despite missing a chunk of the seaosn and the 6 nations. Got chucked the chance to play his way into the world cup, started against Wales and scored. Started against Ireland and scored. Went to the world cu, broke into the first team and was the one player to come home with any credit.
Hes now racked up 17 starts (6 against Sanzars) and 9 tries ( a better scoring ratio than George North, Alex Cuthbert, Jamie Roberts, Leigh Halfpenny, and JD2) , along with several MOM awards. Hes certainly been englands most consistent back i the timen hes played,and only Cole matching him through that perod.
Its not justhis scoring (and assists andbraks too) but also his destructive tackling which even at test level leaves its mark (david wallaces creer for example).
Its not just the engish press, hes singled out tehe world over including the new zealand media who love him ( always prefixing his name with The Samoan..") ad often gts pladits from opposition players and coaches in interviews.

Of course you know al this, but cant bring yoursef to admit it because youre such a tirelessly blinkered nationalist and/or wind up mercant. Ill be, honest I never used to get he fuss about BOD either.

I didn't say he was a bad player. He has been with the exception of the the NZ game just less effective than when he first appeared on the scene (the same may be quite rightly be said of North). Teams know what to expect and he is less of a threat than you would have us believe. He has yet to develop the full skill set and may do so as did Nonu, but right now he is not quite the player you seem to think he is.

I did not wish to upset you and your Man (u) love. PS if you don't get BOD then it is perhaps not so hard to understand your regard for a player who has still much to learn and may or may not have the capability to do so.

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Feb 2013, 3:23 pm

[quote="Triangulation"]I have noticed that with the exceptions of Healey and Heaslip, all of the Irish players have skinny little chicken legs.

I think we should exploit this. .[/quote

Luke Marshall has massive legs, but sadly injured at the mo', although have heard he will be on the Ulster bench v Ospreys. Would love to have seen him next to Bod for this game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next