The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland or England? Who do you want to win?

5 posters

Go down

Who do you want to win?

Ireland or England? Who do you want to win? Vote_lcap54%Ireland or England? Who do you want to win? Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 14 ]
Ireland or England? Who do you want to win? Vote_lcap42%Ireland or England? Who do you want to win? Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 11 ]
Ireland or England? Who do you want to win? Vote_lcap4%Ireland or England? Who do you want to win? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 26

Ireland or England? Who do you want to win? Empty Ireland or England? Who do you want to win?

Post by t1000advancedprototype Sat 09 Feb 2013, 10:17 am

I may be a tad optimistic, but I believe this weekend will lead to one of three eventualities...

IRELAND GRAND SLAM
ENGLAND GRAND SLAM
WALES CHAMPIONSHIP

If Ireland win tomorrow they will have France at home and a genuine shot at a slam.
If England beat Ireland I can also see them defeating France to set up grandslam match in Cardiff which I think England are more mentally prepared to win (Should France beat Wales).
However if England do beat Ireland, but Wales beat France, then I believe Wales could nick the championship in Cardiff winning 4 matches (providing points difference goes their way etc..).

So... If Wales win today I am backing England tomorrow. If Wales lose I'm becoming an Italian citizen, denouncing my passion for rugby and backing Ireland.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Ireland or England? Who do you want to win? Empty Re: Ireland or England? Who do you want to win?

Post by rainbow-warrior Sat 09 Feb 2013, 10:22 am

You think Wales will be less mentally prepared to stop england winning the GS?? You're having a laugh.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Ireland or England? Who do you want to win? Empty Re: Ireland or England? Who do you want to win?

Post by captain carrantuohil Sat 09 Feb 2013, 10:27 am

I think that the indefatigable sense of optimism among supporters, which you can detect every week, is one of the reasons I love the 6N so much. Your side can play abysmally one day, you can have a good chunter about it during the working week, but come the next game, there's always a silver lining poking out somewhere from the big cloud.

Good on you, t1000. I should back those opinion with cold, hard cash. You stand to make an absolute stack, I would think. For me, I'm right on the fence about Ireland-England, for family reasons, but I do hope that the winner goes on to complete a Slam this year, providing that they continue to play good, sparky rugby.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Sat 09 Feb 2013, 10:29 am

rainbow-warrior wrote:You think Wales will be less mentally prepared to stop england winning the GS?? You're having a laugh.

How many times have England lost the grandslam on the final day?
This isn't the cocky arrogant England of yesteryear.

If Wales meet England on the final day having lost 2 or 3 they will have nothing to play for except a win against England which you're right is a big deal. England at home was Wales's only win in 2007.

I just can't see the cool heads and form players of England messing it up should they be presented with that opportunity.
The 2012 game was so close, England will be dying for revenge.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 10 Feb 2013, 10:46 am

Simple - heart says Ireland but head is edging towards England.

The advantage of having such a young English team is that they won't be too mindful of history.

Huge test of:
1. England's loosies - Haskell has to step up and play smart without Morgan.
2. England's front row - Marler has to build on what he did against Scotland. Cole v Healy is clash of the titans.
3. Ireland's midfield - hopefully 36 will build and Barritt will help him shut out the most partnered pair ever at test level.
4. Ireland's discipline - Farrell's boot is the route through which England build pressure these days.
5. England's versatility - kicking bombs at Kearney all day simply isn't going to work - England need to work through the phases and stop POM from messing things up.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 10 Feb 2013, 10:59 am

I am SO excited by this match-up. I haven't been so impressed by an England side since 2003. False dawns and all that I know, but this squad (and Lancaster especially) seems to have a never-say-die attitude and aren't giving away so many silly penalties.

If they are given the opportunity to cut loose it could be a big score. However, ireland are too good to let them do that. That said, with my obvious English bias I have to guess that England will take it by about 7-10 points.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down