The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

32 teams in 32 days (I'd be surprised too): Kansas City Chiefs

+2
crazy_dave23
GSC
6 posters

Go down

32 teams in 32 days (I'd be surprised too): Kansas City Chiefs Empty 32 teams in 32 days (I'd be surprised too): Kansas City Chiefs

Post by GSC Mon 04 Feb 2013, 11:20 am

2012 Season Record: 2-14
Offensive Rank: 24th (Pass: 32nd, Run 5th)
Defensive Rank: 20th (Pass: 12th, Run 27th)

What went right?
Umm, Jamaal Charles had a nice comeback season, Bowe had some good garbage time stats. Defense wasn't horrendous I guess. About it really.

What went wrong?
Cassel/Quinn at QB sums up the offense nicely. Offensive woes were mainly the problem behind the Chiefs, when the D played well they lost tight games, when they played badly it was a blowout. Jovan Belcher provided an exclamation point to their season.

Prospects for 2013?
Andy Reid is the new HC, and brings credibility and leadership the Chiefs haven't had from their leaders in a while. More to the point, Reid has a track record of getting the best out of QBs, a position the Chiefs found next to 0 production from in 2013. A split in FA with Dwayne Bowe seems in the best interests of all parties.

Former 5th overall pick Glenn Dorsey looks set to leave in FA also, but he wasn't really a fit in the 3-4. Chiefs need to find somebody to play opposite Brandon Flowers after Stanford Routt was a FA bust. 2013 doesn't really bring much initial optimism for the Chiefs, a lot more work needed before they turn it around.

Projected 2013 Draft Pick?
The Chiefs need a QB, so comparisons will inevitably be drawn with Donovan McNabb and Geno Smith or fellow Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib. However, with the comparison to McNabb, I'll throw some more names out, Thomas, Runyan, Andrews, Jackson, Fraley, Herremans, Peters. Brandon Albert is a FA and a better fit at Guard, Andy Reid loves to fill out his OL and DL, so I think his pick here is Luke Joeckel

Kinda short I know, but the Chiefs were really boring and I'm getting warmed up.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

32 teams in 32 days (I'd be surprised too): Kansas City Chiefs Empty Re: 32 teams in 32 days (I'd be surprised too): Kansas City Chiefs

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon 04 Feb 2013, 7:40 pm

I too will be surprised if you keep this up for 32 days, but good luck Smile

and in a sense it would form the slowest mock draft ever!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

32 teams in 32 days (I'd be surprised too): Kansas City Chiefs Empty Re: 32 teams in 32 days (I'd be surprised too): Kansas City Chiefs

Post by GSC Mon 04 Feb 2013, 7:41 pm

Yeah, I'm kinda hoping I actually know something about people outside the top 10 by then
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 04 Feb 2013, 11:28 pm

Looking forward to the series GSC! Smile
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Tue 05 Feb 2013, 8:30 am

yeah, keep them coming...will help fill the long days of off-season Hug

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Tue 05 Feb 2013, 2:33 pm

GSC wrote:Yeah, I'm kinda hoping I actually know something about people outside the top 10 by then

I wouldn't worry GSC, with the exception of a small handful of guys on here, you shouldn't find it too hard to pull the wool over everyone else's eyes and bluff your way through the draft stuff! I for one will be in no position to question any of the picks you suggest!

Re the Chiefs, reads like a fair assessment to me. They were a mess this year. The Matt Cassell trade looks as bad now as the whole world outside of Scott Pioli thought it would be. Andy Reid has a job and a half on his hands. He might as well go back to the old fashioned way of building a football team as far as I can see - fix your lines, then add your QB and finish off with a dash of skill players.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Wed 13 Feb 2013, 1:57 am

Over the last couple of days I have seen the Chiefs linked with taking Tyler Wilson with their number one pick which is a little strange as most mock drafts have him as a 2nd round pick.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed 13 Feb 2013, 10:02 pm

nahh, he isn't a first rounder

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down