The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adverts that would make a peaceful Man..... violent !!

+14
XR
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Dr Gregory House MD
Duty281
Derbyblue
Crimey
Bull
Hero
Shot 21 LCFC
kingjohn7
Il Gialloblu
Kenny
Galted
TRUSSMAN66
18 posters

Go down

Adverts that would make a peaceful Man..... violent !! Empty Adverts that would make a peaceful Man..... violent !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Feb 2013, 8:34 pm

Go compare............Think we are all sick of this fat slob..I wouldn't use go compare now If my life depended on it..If I happen to be watching TV with my Wife she'll leave it on because she knows it gets to me..

Injury lawyers.........If I see that wally bump into that guy..and say "Sometimes sorry isn't enough" one more time...I'll just scream....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Adverts that would make a peaceful Man..... violent !! Empty Re: Adverts that would make a peaceful Man..... violent !!

Post by Galted Wed 06 Feb 2013, 8:51 pm

The only channels I watch unless there's sport on are UK Gold & Dave & they do the 2 you mentioned to death - the Go Compare have got less bad since they started exterminating him in each one but at one stage they were wrist-slittingly annoying.

My worst at the moment is the one for some dental product where they're sitting in a meeting room with some idiot banging on about bleeding gums & everyone's immediately persuaded to use whatever product it is. Ffs were people actually paid to come up with that? Apart from being mentally retardingly annoying it's so bad I can't even recall what the actual product is let alone the brand.

Another pet hate is those stupid Barclays ones where the bank seems to have its own radio station full of complete w*****s & all their hilarious interactions such as singing ISA ISA ISA.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Adverts that would make a peaceful Man..... violent !! Empty Re: Adverts that would make a peaceful Man..... violent !!

Post by Galted Wed 06 Feb 2013, 8:53 pm

Good thread by the way, even if it is making me feel ever so violent. Might go and give the kids another waterboarding if they don't go to bed soon.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 07 Feb 2013, 11:02 pm

Galted wrote:The only channels I watch unless there's sport on are UK Gold & Dave & they do the 2 you mentioned to death - the Go Compare have got less bad since they started exterminating him in each one but at one stage they were wrist-slittingly annoying.

My worst at the moment is the one for some dental product where they're sitting in a meeting room with some idiot banging on about bleeding gums & everyone's immediately persuaded to use whatever product it is. Ffs were people actually paid to come up with that? Apart from being mentally retardingly annoying it's so bad I can't even recall what the actual product is let alone the brand.

Another pet hate is those stupid Barclays ones where the bank seems to have its own radio station full of complete w*****s & all their hilarious interactions such as singing ISA ISA ISA.

Weren't they Halifax ads ?

I hate the ones were your watching them and you have no idea what the hell the are advertising until the very end then your left sat there thinking what did that have to do with John Lewis !!!!
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Fri 08 Feb 2013, 7:02 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Go compare............Think we are all sick of this fat slob..I wouldn't use go compare now If my life depended on it..If I happen to be watching TV with my Wife she'll leave it on because she knows it gets to me..

Injury lawyers.........If I see that wally bump into that guy..and say "Sometimes sorry isn't enough" one more time...I'll just scream....

Maybe not Truss but you've written a thread about it, which I've read and am now thinking about Go Compare and Injury Lawyers.

They're not trying to make you think 'I'll use their company', they're merely planting a seed in your sub-conscious. They're making sure you don't forget their name next time you need a service like the one they provide, at which point the name will have far more value to you than the content of the adverts. And they also hope they'll make a big enough impression on you that you'll give them some free, word-of-mouth advertising by the way.

Annoying people is a lazy way to achieve this, but the fact you've made this thread shows it's working. Cool
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 08 Feb 2013, 7:15 am

Kenny wrote:Weren't they Halifax ads ?

You're right, sorry Barclays but it's the f*****g Halifax.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Sun 10 Feb 2013, 11:46 pm

The circulation booster advert. steam steam

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 02 May 2013, 5:29 pm

The Go Compare adverts were the worst in history. After that it would be We Buy Any Car. Bad enough when it was that gimp singin it, but then they have all these morons like "I just sold my car, quick quick"

Why dont you all just f*ck off and die!! Slow slow.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 02 May 2013, 5:31 pm

The Coke Zero advert in the cinema where the guy tells everyone he replaced everyones Coke with Coke Zero.

Oh how I'd punch his teeth out.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 02 May 2013, 5:31 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:The Go Compare adverts were the worst in history. After that it would be We Buy Any Car. Bad enough when it was that gimp singin it, but then they have all these morons like "I just sold my car, quick quick"

Why dont you all just f*ck off and die!! Slow slow.

can't get that new one out my head though .............................. the dog at the back isn't a real dog ...............thats so none dog
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 02 May 2013, 5:49 pm

i have the solution, turn the tv off.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 02 May 2013, 5:58 pm

TheBrahmaBull wrote:i have the solution, turn the tv off.

Rolling Eyes

The worst ones at the moment are on during football with Chris Kamara and the Italian guy; "FOOTBALL IS ON!" hate them. Kamara used to be funny, until he became aware that he was considered funny.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu 02 May 2013, 6:12 pm

Hero wrote:The Coke Zero advert in the cinema where the guy tells everyone he replaced everyones Coke with Coke Zero.

I've said this numerous times but just because your cup is now a Coke Zero cup isn't proof that he gave you Coke Zero when you asked for Coke.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 May 2013, 6:48 pm

Crimey wrote:

Rolling Eyes

The worst ones at the moment are on during football with Chris Kamara and the Italian guy; "FOOTBALL IS ON!" hate them. Kamara used to be funny, until he became aware that he was considered funny.
I do like that guy "Kammy, why you talk about dis? Futborl is oorrn!"

Can't abide these ads for internet poker...what the **** is so good about Poker? Never understood the attraction

Ads for 48 hour eyeliner, mascara, anti perspirant etc...who are these disgusting women who don't wash for two days? Imagine what her downstairs parts smell like.

These baby ads where this woman is sat feeding her placid baby in slow motion in a comfy chair looking out of a large picture window and a beatiful panorama with a look of contentment on her face. Where's the REAL woman with chapped nipples, hair all over the shop, tears in her eyes, sh*t all over the house and a look on her face that says, "Oh my God, if I don't get some sleep soon, I'm going to go on a kill crazy rampage"?

PPI ads...the very fact that banks have put aside 14 billion pounds to pay back mis-sold payment protection insurance indicates they know how much they owe. It's my firm belief that when this was done, they didn't take the details on the back of a fag packet and that there's a coputer record of who was sold what where and when. The Government should force the banks to examine their own records and send the cheques out themselves. why should I have to do the donkey work. It's like being burgled and the thief says "Yes mate, I've got your TV but you'll have to drive over and pick it up"

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 02 May 2013, 11:06 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Crimey wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I do like that guy "Kammy, why you talk about dis? Futborl is oorrn!"

Can't abide these ads for internet poker...what the **** is so good about Poker? Never understood the attraction

Ads for 48 hour eyeliner, mascara, anti perspirant etc...who are these disgusting women who don't wash for two days? Imagine what her downstairs parts smell like.

These baby ads where this woman is sat feeding her placid baby in slow motion in a comfy chair looking out of a large picture window and a beatiful panorama with a look of contentment on her face. Where's the REAL woman with chapped nipples, hair all over the shop, tears in her eyes, sh*t all over the house and a look on her face that says, "Oh my God, if I don't get some sleep soon, I'm going to go on a kill crazy rampage"?

PPI ads...the very fact that banks have put aside 14 billion pounds to pay back mis-sold payment protection insurance indicates they know how much they owe. It's my firm belief that when this was done, they didn't take the details on the back of a fag packet and that there's a coputer record of who was sold what where and when. The Government should force the banks to examine their own records and send the cheques out themselves. why should I have to do the donkey work. It's like being burgled and the thief says "Yes mate, I've got your TV but you'll have to drive over and pick it up"

+1 on all Truss , great stuff
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 14 May 2013, 9:19 am

The Bet Victor ads with the moronic brother Maurice, I'd pay to watch him drown.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 14 May 2013, 11:30 am

Vaygass!!!!!!!!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 13 Jun 2013, 5:15 pm

Looks like there's another BT storyline series of ads unfolding to follow on from the please-kill-them Adam & Jane ads, featuring some mug who looks like Jack Black & Meatloaf had a kid.  Just seen the second one, unfortunately I don't have any dealings with BT so I've got sod-all to cancel.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 13 Jun 2013, 5:52 pm

BT flatmates
Coke Zero
Go Compare
Ladbrokes
We buy any Car

mad

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 14 Jun 2013, 2:37 am

Saw an advert today for a skin cream (ole I think), and the voiceover lady said, 70 (something)% of women said it made their skin appear more flawless

More flawless!!! how can something be more flawless!! less flawed would be correct but I suppose that doesn't sound as appealling

Ad in itself was fine but that bits really bugged me all day

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 14 Jun 2013, 8:56 am

It's just a meaningless phrase that they can use without getting held to it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 14 Jun 2013, 11:47 am

Il Gialloblu wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Go compare............Think we are all sick of this fat slob..I wouldn't use go compare now If my life depended on it..If I happen to be watching TV with my Wife she'll leave it on because she knows it gets to me..

Injury lawyers.........If I see that wally bump into that guy..and say  "Sometimes sorry isn't enough" one more time...I'll just scream....

Maybe not Truss but you've written a thread about it, which I've read and am now thinking about Go Compare and Injury Lawyers.

They're not trying to make you think 'I'll use their company', they're merely planting a seed in your sub-conscious. They're making sure you don't forget their name next time you need a service like the one they provide, at which point the name will have far more value to you than the content of the adverts. And they also hope they'll make a big enough impression on you that you'll give them some free, word-of-mouth advertising by the way.

Annoying people is a lazy way to achieve this, but the fact you've made this thread shows it's working. Cool

Sadly you're right. At the job before my current one we were in partnership with the ad agency that came up with Compare the Meerkat - at the time (2 years ago) they were a bit glum because all the ad awareness research they were doing was showing Go Compare performing better
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Fri 14 Jun 2013, 1:01 pm

Galted wrote:My worst at the moment is the one for some dental product where they're sitting in a meeting room with some idiot banging on about bleeding gums
*Uses floss* "Blood...is that normal?"

NO IT FCKING ISN'T YOU STUPID COW mad picard

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jun 2013, 2:25 pm

Anything with those speegals (or Speedy legals" at the end. You know where the guys rattles off a thirty page document quicker than to auctioneer at a country fair.

Ads for alcohol showing some dude chilling on a lilo and then they tell you to drink responsibly. Personally, I'd suggest getting on lilo whilst drunk is one of the more irresponsible things you can do (juggling chainsaws, wrestling alligators is on the list as well)

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Fri 14 Jun 2013, 4:06 pm

Hero wrote:The Coke Zero advert in the cinema where the guy tells everyone he replaced everyones Coke with Coke Zero.

Can't agree with this more.

The really annoying thing is that when he reveals the truth about the coke zero, the people on screen in the cinema all look round at people sat near them, who are complete strangers and all share a little laugh with eachother, as if to say 'Oh look, we all got duped. How funny is that? Aren't we cool?'

This never happens.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 19 Jun 2013, 10:17 pm

Bingo ads. All of them. Makes me want to set fire to things.mad

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 20 Jun 2013, 7:17 am

Saw an ad for an internet dating site yesterday (think it was match.com) "recommended by most singles". If the people who recommend it are still single must be a pretty sh1tty site. I got so violent I punched my armchair.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:39 am

Galted wrote:Saw an ad for an internet dating site yesterday (think it was match.com) "recommended by most singles".  If the people who recommend it are still single must be a pretty sh1tty site.  I got so violent I punched my armchair.

I watched that advert as well. I got so violent I punched my girlfriend. Im now on match.com looking for love. Apparently most singles recommend it...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:51 am

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:
Galted wrote:Saw an ad for an internet dating site yesterday (think it was match.com) "recommended by most singles".  If the people who recommend it are still single must be a pretty sh1tty site.  I got so violent I punched my armchair.

I watched that advert as well. I got so violent I punched my girlfriend. Im now on match.com looking for love. Apparently most singles recommend it...

Laugh

Yeah, that's what I meant, I punched my girlfriend/wife, not my armchair.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Sun 23 Jun 2013, 10:19 am

the stupid Evergreen song with the frog.....
Go compare can go sod off....

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by TinRibs Sun 23 Jun 2013, 2:52 pm

Go Compare's worse now with that bloody electronic voice song he's doing.

"We're committed to saving you money..."

Why don't you commit to 'eff off?!
TinRibs
TinRibs

http://richieandrews.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 3:28 pm

Galted wrote:
Shot 21 LCFC wrote:

Laugh

Yeah, that's what I meant, I punched my girlfriend/wife, not my armchair.

An ex once punched me for joining Adult Friend Finder.

Us boys just cant win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down