The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

an article that may unite Djokovic and Federer fans briefly

+9
LuvSports!
laverfan
Spaghetti-Hans
User 774433
lydian
socal1976
JuliusHMarx
bogbrush
CAS
13 posters

Go down

an article that may unite Djokovic and Federer fans briefly Empty an article that may unite Djokovic and Federer fans briefly

Post by CAS Wed 06 Feb 2013, 10:53 pm

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Jerzy-Janowicz-Novak-Djokovic-and-Roger-Federer-The-first-one-false-the-other-is-full-of-his-self-articolo8330.html

Strong words from the Pole, looks like he is taking no prisoners in his pursuit of the top of the game

CAS

Back to top Go down

an article that may unite Djokovic and Federer fans briefly Empty Re: an article that may unite Djokovic and Federer fans briefly

Post by bogbrush Wed 06 Feb 2013, 10:56 pm

Sounds like he's a full-on Fed worshipper. Sound assessment of Djokovic.

Clever lad.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

an article that may unite Djokovic and Federer fans briefly Empty Re: an article that may unite Djokovic and Federer fans briefly

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 06 Feb 2013, 10:58 pm

Sounds like he's a full-on Djoko worshipper. Sound assessment of Federer.

Clever lad.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 06 Feb 2013, 11:28 pm

Well, lets just hope his play backs it up because if he wins enough and Nike signs him then one day he might win 8 edberg awards.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 06 Feb 2013, 11:28 pm

At least he has personality, not nice comments we will see how well he deals with those two on the court.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 06 Feb 2013, 11:34 pm

socal1976 wrote:At least he has personality, not nice comments we will see how well he deals with those two on the court.

They'll be dealing with him, I suspect.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Wed 06 Feb 2013, 11:36 pm

socal1976 wrote:Well, lets just hope his play backs it up because if he wins enough and Nike signs him then one day he might win 8 edberg awards.

Then again I could be wrong

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 06 Feb 2013, 11:36 pm

All this from a guy who's played a total of 42 ATP matches?
So who's the arrogant, full of himself one?
Those comments will probably come back to haunt him...

lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 06 Feb 2013, 11:39 pm

Well I think he will learn that he still has a long way to go, and those comments will be most certainly something he will regret in the future. I'll cut the kid some slack and give him some points for calling out the big dogs but if you get your ass bit in the process you only have yourself to blame.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Wed 06 Feb 2013, 11:41 pm

Oh dear.
He's f*cked.

If Djokovic finds out about this, he's truly screwed. Djoker will crush him.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 06 Feb 2013, 11:43 pm

If he has the chops he has the chops to pull it off IMBL, I am sure he will have a tough go at it the first few times with novak regardless. But I will say I like the fire in the belly, maybe a rebirth of the tennis brat. Lets see if he backs it up when he plays one of those two.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaghetti-Hans Thu 07 Feb 2013, 1:02 am

Mr Janowicz is correct regarding The Viper of Belgrade - Novak Djokovic. Djokovic truly is a 'false #1'. After all, no one other than our patron, Roger Federer, can be the true #1.

But for his treasonous comments towards our King, there can be no forgiveness.

Our King has no desire to sully his hands by dealing with this matter personally. So The Main Event Lads will take care of Jerzy Janowicz ourselves.

boxing

Spaghetti-Hans

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 07 Feb 2013, 1:12 am

Spaghetti-Hans wrote:Mr Janowicz is correct regarding The Viper of Belgrade - Novak Djokovic. Djokovic truly is a 'false #1'. After all, no one other than our patron, Roger Federer, can be the true #1.

Our King has no desire to sully his hands by dealing with this matter personally. So The Main Event Lads will take care of Jerzy Janowicz ourselves.

boxing

OMG, you're not going to......write an article about him Shocked

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaghetti-Hans Thu 07 Feb 2013, 1:18 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Spaghetti-Hans wrote:Mr Janowicz is correct regarding The Viper of Belgrade - Novak Djokovic. Djokovic truly is a 'false #1'. After all, no one other than our patron, Roger Federer, can be the true #1.

boxing

OMG, you're not going to......write an article about him Shocked

Maybe we will, Julius, maybe we will.

Spaghetti-Hans

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu 07 Feb 2013, 1:56 am

Tomic is also full of such stuff. I will remember you comment to a reporter.

They will mellow, or as Djokovic says, mature.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 07 Feb 2013, 5:27 am

I think it is good for the game, Djokovic has made his fair share of mistakes. I think it is good that these guys don't have a fawning attitude to the big boys on tour. It just would be nice if any of them occassionally beat these guys in a slam. Djokovic 57-0 against players ranked outside the top 4 in slams.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 07 Feb 2013, 5:30 am

I have to say Spaghetti is a quality poster, a comedic genius a michealangelo of tennis satire. Your posts always brighten me up.

I mean the David "the buffett animal" nalbandian was an instant classic.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Thu 07 Feb 2013, 9:23 am

socal when did that stat start? 2011?

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 07 Feb 2013, 9:58 am

Glad he is not a member of this forum Whistle

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Thu 07 Feb 2013, 11:06 am

Berdych wim 2010 was the last non top 4 player to beat Djokovic at a slam. It wont be 57 though - i haven't checked but that does not seem to add up. Slightly lower than that i would say.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 07 Feb 2013, 11:16 am

USO 2010 - 7 matches
All slams 2011 - 7 matches each, except 6 at AO
All slams 2012 - 7 matches each, except 6 at Wimby
AO 2013 - 7

I make that 68 - where have I gone wrong? (I mean my maths, not in life in general)

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Thu 07 Feb 2013, 11:58 am

That would seem to be the number of matches played (less at least one walkover). He lost 5 of them so 62 wins. Of those 62 i would say more than 5 were against top 4 opponents - 3 x Murray, 3 x Nadal and 3 x Fed without checking. So, i would make it 53 wins against non top 4 players.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 07 Feb 2013, 12:14 pm

That seems about right to me. I hadn't given it enough thought.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Thu 07 Feb 2013, 12:16 pm

The guy who is trash talking and responsible for the "how many times" outburst is claiming that other players are full of themselves and show off? Interesting.

Ensuring that the best players will be super-motivated next time they play you is certainly an unusual tactic...

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Thu 07 Feb 2013, 12:48 pm

Interesting comments from the young player, to say the least. Sometimes - maybe - a lack of respect can actually be a good thing. I think back to when Djoko as a very young player said Fed was going "to go down" in a match against him.
OK, it was said half in jest and I think Fed won anyway. But Djoko, unlike some players, was never afraid of Fed. Murray. too, seemed not be too much in awe of Rog when a teenager, with consequently good head-to-head results.
You only have to look at some of the horrendous head-to-heads "enjoyed" by some of Fed's opponents to see that some have been beaten even before stepping on court

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 07 Feb 2013, 3:56 pm

sirfredperry wrote:Interesting comments from the young player, to say the least. Sometimes - maybe - a lack of respect can actually be a good thing. I think back to when Djoko as a very young player said Fed was going "to go down" in a match against him.
OK, it was said half in jest and I think Fed won anyway. But Djoko, unlike some players, was never afraid of Fed. Murray. too, seemed not be too much in awe of Rog when a teenager, with consequently good head-to-head results.
You only have to look at some of the horrendous head-to-heads "enjoyed" by some of Fed's opponents to see that some have been beaten even before stepping on court

I agree Sirfred, let him take his lumps and he will take his lumps on the court and the media will be more than happy to remind him of these comments after a particularly painful defeat. But maybe psychologically it helps not to like and respect your opponent too much. I agree these are nasty comments and this kid is going to have to learn to behave but it is incumbent now for Djokovic and fed to make him behave.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down