The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marketing Bunkum or Method in the Madness

5 posters

Go down

Marketing Bunkum or Method in the Madness Empty Marketing Bunkum or Method in the Madness

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 7 Feb 2013 - 14:27

Possibly a bit of a lazy introduction being a copy and paste job but I don't recall having seen the discussion. I came across the below whilst looking for a 1 iron (for a friend, honest!) and thought it might be worthy of a thread. I kind of get the theory and it kind of makes sense (even if the clubs are IMO chuffing ugly), but then surely all clubs would be made that way if the science actually backed it up with certainty? Do you all have a favourite iron? Do you think you would improve if all irons were the same as that one (bar loft)? Is it all marketing bunkum?

www.1irongolf.com

Just like all golfers you have a single favorite club that you hit perfectly every time you pull it out of the bag. Have you ever wondered why you have just this one favorite club out of your entire set? The reason is that it is the only one that actually comes close to fitting you properly and allows your body to make its most fluid and powerful swing. It is simply common sense that in order for you to maximize your golfing potential all of the clubs within your set should be built to the same ideal fitting and dynamic attributes as this favorite club thus producing an entire set of favorite golf clubs (same length, weight, flex, lie angle, etc.). Single-length golf clubs that are custom fitted to you produce a tremendous increase in consistent ball striking, increased distance, and pin-point accuracy for golfers of all skill levels and is the premise of the One Iron Golf System.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Marketing Bunkum or Method in the Madness Empty Re: Marketing Bunkum or Method in the Madness

Post by barragan Thu 7 Feb 2013 - 14:44

i've come across this website once before too. awful looking clubs. even ping's are prettier Run

barragan

Back to top Go down

Marketing Bunkum or Method in the Madness Empty Re: Marketing Bunkum or Method in the Madness

Post by Skydriver Thu 7 Feb 2013 - 14:56

I recall 2 contradictory stories concerning Lee Trevino and 1 irons.

1. It was reported that he would pull out his 1 iron and wave it around if play was called off due to lightning. "For safety - not even God can hit a 1 iron" was his rationale.

2. However, I also thought he had said at some time that "Only 2 people can hit a 1 iron: God and Jack Nicklaus".

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 7 Feb 2013 - 23:59

So your PW and 3 iron have the same shaft length? How would that work.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri 8 Feb 2013 - 8:45

Mac - go read the website, I'm not an afficionado of them or their clubs but i can understand where they're coming from. Think it's fit all clubs to the dimensions of your favourite club so you can repeat the confident swing you have with that club.

Whether it would work I'm not 100% sure on but if the only difference between clubs is loft then the same swing/ball position etc should (according to the theory) allow very good distance differential control. I'm not overly convinced about the extra distance due to a more confident swing (making up for shorter shafts on the long irons), but I can certainly see how relative distance dispersion between clubs should be minimised.

Would it perhaps favour a higher handicap? Would a set of blades manufactured in the same way be more useful for a skilled ball flight manipulator? Would nicer looking clubs make it a more attractive playing proposition?

Is it all a pile of dung and should it be left to the backwater website from whence it came?

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Fri 8 Feb 2013 - 9:24

I thought from the title there was going to be some debate over whether Suggs and his band were using Nike putters. Run
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri 8 Feb 2013 - 12:18

Ha ha

I think they'd be more ping

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down