The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Excited for Quigg-Frampton in the future!

+14
hampo17
davidemore
KingMonkey
dragonbreath
AlexHuckerby
Seanusarrilius
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
TopHat24/7
manos de piedra
6oldenbhoy
hazharrison
Lumbering_Jack
TRUSSMAN66
BallchinianMuffwig
18 posters

Go down

Excited for Quigg-Frampton in the future! Empty Excited for Quigg-Frampton in the future!

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:38 am

They both appear totally willing to get this signed and sorted (take note Mr Fury.) Personally I thought Frampton, despite the great win finally looked a bit sloppier defensively than he has done previously, only defensively though. I just thought he shipped a few obvious shots from Martinez, but fair play he took them very well.
Quigg has been hurt and dropped in the past before but has an excellent offensive workrate and good power and handspeed. Did not at all expect him to stop Munroe in the rematch.
Let's say this fight was signed in late 2013 how would you see it going? I'm on the fence at the moment, before Saturday I would have said Frampton but now cannot pick a winner.
Your thoughts? Cheers

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Excited for Quigg-Frampton in the future! Empty Re: Excited for Quigg-Frampton in the future!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:48 am

You know what Frampton's problem is.....Fighting at the King's hall!!!!!

Hearing that vociferous noise made him want to put on a show and it led to him shipping more than he should have.........But he took Kiko's shot which is a bad sign for future opposition..

Quigg is overrated for me ..way too standup...........Disagree it's the future Frampton by comfortable sixth round stoppage!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Excited for Quigg-Frampton in the future! Empty Re: Excited for Quigg-Frampton in the future!

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 11 Feb 2013, 12:28 pm

Quigg (or his team) don't want it.

Frampton by stoppage for me too. Quigg is one paced and Carl stops him late.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 11 Feb 2013, 1:04 pm

The fight was at The Odyssey Truss.

I love Quigg but would favour Frampton if they were to meet. It isn't an easy fight for either. It's one of the few that could be made domestically that could be classed as "must see".

Quigg's a higher calibre than most other prospects produced over here, though, due to the fact he learned to defend under Brian Hughes. Most kids these days don't even try to avoid punches, they all load up on singles and doubles.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Mon 11 Feb 2013, 1:05 pm

I think Quigg does want the fight, he needs Frampton now rather than the other way about. He has no TV deal and has recently been complaining of inactivity. He's been an undercard fighter thus far in his career, whereas Carl is headlining and selling out reasonably sized venues. Frampton is the draw, Quigg is stagnating. He needs to make an impression and probably the only feasible way of doing so is beating Frampton.

I'm on the fence, leaning ever so slightly towards Frampton as he showed he could take a shot. Quigg is still very good on the front foot and big at the weight. Frampton is showing he is slightly more well rounded, but I wouldn't bet my house on it.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 11 Feb 2013, 1:14 pm

I think it would be a great fight. Both look a little defensively suspect to me but Frampton looks to be a more versatile fighter insofar as he can fight well on the back and front foot. I also think theres less doubts about his ability to take a shot as Martinez was able to land on him and he didnt fold.

Hard to call but I would lean towards Frampton because I think he could mix it up a bit better. Quigg could certainly win the battle of exchanges though so if he can make it his kind of fight and draw Frampton into a battle I could see him winning.

For me though, Frampton is slightly more proven in the durability and stamina department and can box off the back foot better than Quigg all of which serve him well in a distance fight.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 1:15 pm

I stand corrected......but the crowd is still a problem for an over-enthusiastic kid with bags of talent..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 1:27 pm

Great fight, would love to see it. Agree Framp's is more of a draw now but I see this as more of a 50:50 than some on here, with Carl's power being the difference maker.

You can never tell with how the judges will score, but I expect Quigg to be a more effective version of Martinez with high-workrate and quicker hands winning him rounds ahead of Carl's slightly cleaner work. But, that power will be the game changer, Frampton by KO/TKO mid-late when behind on the cards.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 11 Feb 2013, 2:02 pm

I think the fight will happen in The Odssesy.

Quigg has nowhere near the support Frampton does. That arena on Saturday was madness. It was fantastic.

What I have to laugh at is Frampton sold out the place and it was a proper event.......Tyson Fury fights in the same arena and they have to run around all the local pubs etc giving tickets away to fill the place. And the atmosphere is not even a quarter of what I seen on Saturday.

Re-watched it on TV yesterday and Quigg looked a little nervous when interviewed at the end. The crowd were booing him etc. So would this be a factor if the fight happened? Because they will want to stage it where the money is, and at the minute that place is Belfast.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 2:03 pm

They are both contenders.........If you think they'll fight soon with all these alphabet belts around..

You'll be disappointed.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 2:06 pm

They may be 'alphabet belts', but between them held by Donair, Rigo and Mares. Possibly the most talent rich division in the world!

So I don't seem either Quigg or Framps going anywhere near that soon, the money will still be in that domestic match-up.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 11 Feb 2013, 2:08 pm

I think it is a great match up, and not only because they are both young British prospects. Hope it gets made.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 11 Feb 2013, 2:20 pm

I think there is a decent chance it gets made. Both guys havent been matched too soft so far and are coming off good wins. Between them theyve pretty much exhausted the domestic scene. They are still a few fights away from world title fights and the fight between them would be lucrative. I genuinely dont think either guy fears the other. Problem might be that Frampton now demands a much bigger share by virtue of his superior drawing power. But the fight makes sense.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 11 Feb 2013, 5:47 pm

The fight will be in Belfast if it happens Eddie Hearn has made it abundantly clear in the past and just after the fight.

5000 or so tickets in England, 15000 in Belfast. Quigg has to know Framptons the draw and will have to go the lions den, I get a niggling Quigg isn't willing to do that.

Frampton to outclass him if it comes to it, always had my money on Carl, after last night its firmly staying there.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Mon 11 Feb 2013, 5:55 pm

manos de piedra wrote:I think there is a decent chance it gets made. Both guys havent been matched too soft so far and are coming off good wins. Between them theyve pretty much exhausted the domestic scene. They are still a few fights away from world title fights and the fight between them would be lucrative. I genuinely dont think either guy fears the other. Problem might be that Frampton now demands a much bigger share by virtue of his superior drawing power. But the fight makes sense.

I thought he looked a bit disorganised at times Quigg will not leave him alone and cause him problems. He does clearly have power, stopping Martinez is no mean feat in its own right but with one shot impressive. He is nowhere near the big boys however(well you know what I mean). If Quigg can handle his power then could be a cracker

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Mon 11 Feb 2013, 6:07 pm

Quigg is a Gallagher fighter so liable to ship far too many shots. Most of his fighters can be worked out pretty easily, they have their styles and that's that. Find the weaknesses on a video and exploit to your heart's content. You've only got to look at Crolla, Smith x2 and Murray.

Frampton is multi dimensional, too skilled and too fast. Quigg to go down in the tenth and stay down.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 11 Feb 2013, 7:32 pm

dragonbreath wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:I think there is a decent chance it gets made. Both guys havent been matched too soft so far and are coming off good wins. Between them theyve pretty much exhausted the domestic scene. They are still a few fights away from world title fights and the fight between them would be lucrative. I genuinely dont think either guy fears the other. Problem might be that Frampton now demands a much bigger share by virtue of his superior drawing power. But the fight makes sense.

I thought he looked a bit disorganised at times Quigg will not leave him alone and cause him problems. He does clearly have power, stopping Martinez is no mean feat in its own right but with one shot impressive. He is nowhere near the big boys however(well you know what I mean). If Quigg can handle his power then could be a cracker

Yeah I thought Martinez put him under pressure in the first few rounds but that wasnt entirely unexpected. I thought Frampton showed he could take a shot, he he had a good engine and he could box to instructions. He was began taking control of the fight past the half way point. I could see a similar outcome against Quigg with the fight being close up until half way and Frampton sealing it in the championship rounds.

There may be yet more to come from Quigg of course. But at the moment I think Frampton looks better equipped all round based on the fights Ive seen.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:54 pm

If this fight happens i will be well excited.

Quigg needs to get a belt though. I think if Frampton wins a world first then Hearn will deman more money and it will stall the fight.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:59 pm

Whats everyones thoughts on Shane McGuigan. He deserves a lot of credit the way he is steering Frampton at the minute.

He seems to be very intelligent.

Could be a fantastic trainer!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:01 pm

I've got a lot of time for Shane and think he showed just how much he knows about the game during the Flintoff episode.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:32 pm

There seems to be a bit on of one-up-man-ship going on between the two which is leading to them both taking very good fights. They're both facing and beating proven world level operators and seem to be heading in the right direction, a fight between the two will be very entertaining.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:36 pm

Shane seems smart. He's young but he's probably been around boxing most of his life, so it could well be in him. Plus, he is fit himself and seems to be focused on conditioning as well as skillset. A good mix. Good luck to him i say. I back him.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Tue 12 Feb 2013, 4:35 pm

Quigg against Frampton should be a cracker, would put my money on Frampton to stop him at the moment, but would not be surprised if Quigg won either both top notch fighters and good blokes as well.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:29 pm

Didn't Quigg beat the guy who beat Kiko twice? I've always backed Quigg in any potential match up and wont change my mind now. Obviously Carl seems to have some serious power and Quigg having been decked by a non puncher is a cause for concern. But Carl seemed vulnerable to body punches and his extra low ducking (nor Price style ducking mind) should be picked upon quickly by a ref.

Also I assumed Carl to be a physically strong guy. I was surprised the way Kiko could bully him somewhat.

Carl seems to be very well rounded who can fight both going backwards and in the trenches. He's better than Quigg inside. But I see Quigg's body punching being the difference maker which will slow Carl down for him to eeek out a decision. Not totally confident, but there you go.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:21 am

until the martinez fight i favored quigg, but seeing how frampton dealt with him im unsure. quigg has the better win of the 2 with munroe, but in their second fight i just didnt see the same munroe that i did in the first fight, not to take away a very good win but i think frampton has to go in as favourite now.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 13 Feb 2013, 10:09 am

azania wrote:Didn't Quigg beat the guy who beat Kiko twice? I've always backed Quigg in any potential match up and wont change my mind now. Obviously Carl seems to have some serious power and Quigg having been decked by a non puncher is a cause for concern. But Carl seemed vulnerable to body punches and his extra low ducking (nor Price style ducking mind) should be picked upon quickly by a ref.

Also I assumed Carl to be a physically strong guy. I was surprised the way Kiko could bully him somewhat.

Carl seems to be very well rounded who can fight both going backwards and in the trenches. He's better than Quigg inside. But I see Quigg's body punching being the difference maker which will slow Carl down for him to eeek out a decision. Not totally confident, but there you go.

Quigg was decked by Arthur but wasn't hurt in any real way, was more of a flash knockdown/slip than anything in my view. Rendall did beat Kiko twice but I think that Rendall was a slightly faded force when he met Quigg the second team, just didn't seem to have all that much about him and retired afterwards citing he no longer had it in him. Though, Quigg did dominate that fight comprehensively.

Also think that Carl was ok up close, just knew that fighting up close a lot was giving Martinez an advantage so decided to back off a lot more and potshot and break Martinez down.

Think Carl just knows a little too much and has too many dimensions to his game, but fair views.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 13 Feb 2013, 11:58 am

picard Bullied?

Fighting to a gameplan by moving is not being bullied.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down