The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going Old School and loving it.

5 posters

Go down

Going Old School and loving it. Empty Going Old School and loving it.

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 6:13 pm

Made the conscious decision of having a media black out and forum black out for this six nations, i will be enjoying the forums on the two non match weeks over the six nations but that will be it.
Having become beyond sick of Inverdale and crew this year i tune in for the anthems clear off to have a cuppa at half time and switch off at full time.
Also beyond checking the team sheets for the weekend i have avoided the media,also no internet forums.

HOW REFRESHING this exercise has been, absolutely loved every single minute of the six nations every game has been good for many different reasons, no Inverdale talking crap no Butler giving his poetic montages no media spin or mis quotes to make the blood boil and no Internet forums to just generally p!ss me off.

It's like the good old days when you just couldn't wait for the weekend and the kick off and just enjoy the game.
I recommend this to anyone who needs to rejuvenate that feeling of what made them love the best sport in the world in the first place. Yahoo

Back to top Go down

Going Old School and loving it. Empty Re: Going Old School and loving it.

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 11 Feb 2013, 6:23 pm

So you've popped onto the internet forum to explain how much fun it is not to be on here?

picard

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 6:36 pm

Lol pretty much yep zen

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Mon 11 Feb 2013, 7:02 pm

I don't even ...

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 11 Feb 2013, 7:27 pm

View, I'd just like to say that your thought-provoking and measured posting has been missed.

Sadly, that would be stretching the truth too far Wink

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 7:30 pm

I doubt my hard facts have been missed, truth tends to hurt the sensitive souls on 606. appletini

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 11 Feb 2013, 7:35 pm

Well view has a point.

I too have heavily curtailed my exposure to rugby in the last few months. I've pulled way back on my time here and that might even end in the coming months completely. I now read less of the print pre-games and post-games in the media (I used to read for days!). I had the same intention as View but perhpas for different reasons. I needed to get back strictly to work first...and then too I wanted to get back to the reasons I love rugby in the first place. The extras are just that...extra noise around what is really special to me - the games themselves - particularly the International side.

You can waffle on for days here and read for days about the details and more details of every club and International game... all the minute controversies and ref wrongdoings etc.

But when you make the conscious decision to cool it down and then come back, or look in and read comments...you realise how often the same arguments and comments keep coming up and up and you wonder..."Boy, I did waste a lot of useless time repeating best 15 in the world lineups every few months"

So now I'll be gone again when the 6N is over and I'm kinda limiting myself to Mondays for comments on the games of the weekend.

It is nice to concentrate on watching the games themselves without words.... well, the odd swear one thrown at the TV but nobody is perfect Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 11 Feb 2013, 7:43 pm

SecretFly wrote:Well view has a point.
Jeez, don't post things like that Shocked

Fly, you make some good points. I'll look forward to your Lions XV (based only on the ten minutes either side of half-time for the round three fixtures)

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 7:44 pm

Ye agree 100% fly.
The media and pundits pre match is my biggest beef but the forums only wind me up pre match,
people coming up with predictions and arguing over events that haven't happened yet,giving out ridiculous reasons why they are right!!!!
Don't mind it so much post match because you take what you want from the match regardless of what some say you know what you saw and what happened.
I find most forums are people talking up the game but not wanting to talk about it afterwards.l

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Tue 12 Feb 2013, 7:12 am

Fair point. I do the same more or less. Take Sunday, watched the football on the other side, Skipped the on field guff from the pundits, anthems and switched over at K.O.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down