The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roger Liked Rafa's Shirt But Was Dissapointed That He Still Isn't Playing Right Handed

5 posters

Go down

Roger Liked Rafa's Shirt But Was Dissapointed That He Still Isn't Playing Right Handed Empty Roger Liked Rafa's Shirt But Was Dissapointed That He Still Isn't Playing Right Handed

Post by hawkeye Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:19 pm

Federer was asked for his take on Nadal's return to the tour. This is what he had to say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3q3gEm4FmI&feature=youtu.be

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Roger Liked Rafa's Shirt But Was Dissapointed That He Still Isn't Playing Right Handed Empty Re: Roger Liked Rafa's Shirt But Was Dissapointed That He Still Isn't Playing Right Handed

Post by lydian Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:09 pm

Seems they've both taken to pink shirts these days....birds of a feather...
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Roger Liked Rafa's Shirt But Was Dissapointed That He Still Isn't Playing Right Handed Empty Re: Roger Liked Rafa's Shirt But Was Dissapointed That He Still Isn't Playing Right Handed

Post by laverfan Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:22 am

I thought Federer would become a lefty with a DHBH and beat his peers up. Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:29 pm

laverfan.

Federer is so conservative and stubborn he would never change anything! Haven't you noticed that he insists on trying to beat Nadals scary topspin forehand with his puny sliced backhand? He persists with this despite my attempts to get him to run round his backhand and hit a forehand by yelling at the TV...

Also despite your cold hard exterior I think I sometimes detect an artistic soul? What did you think of Rafa's shirt?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:48 pm

Bit late now that he's approaching retirement, but shame Federer never took advice & personal coaching from someone as experienced as yourself HE.

Who knows ..... he might have made it truly big in the sport ..... Perhaps even to World Number One ..... chin

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:08 pm

Ha ha! There are more important things in tennis than reaching number 1 and even winning slams when two players who have done both those things meet. Getting the better of Rafa must be high on Rogers list and getting the better of Roger (again...) high on Rafa's list.

It is dead easy beating Rafa (or Roger) from the safety of the sofa. You should try it.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:32 pm

I guess therein lies the difference HE.

Whenever I watch Rafa and/or Roger from the sofa, I invariably find myself thinking......Wow....these guys are just stratospherically good at this sport.

And then there are other sofa watchers who tell themselves (in the words of Catherine Tate)

"I could do that. In fact probably better."

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:38 pm

I wouldn't be sitting on the sofa watching or even typing about it now if I didn't think WOW! But it is still fun to shout at the TV sometimes...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:11 pm

hawkeye wrote:laverfan.

Federer is so conservative and stubborn he would never change anything! Haven't you noticed that he insists on trying to beat Nadals scary topspin forehand with his puny sliced backhand? He persists with this despite my attempts to get him to run round his backhand and hit a forehand by yelling at the TV...

Also despite your cold hard exterior I think I sometimes detect an artistic soul? What did you think of Rafa's shirt?

It's not that easy to run around the backhand against Nadal. With his lefty spin the ball can go very wide at the opponents backhand side, forcing him to step several meters out the court to hit a forehand, and thus giving up court positioning totally.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:44 pm

Yes I agree. Nadal is a tricky proposition for Federer. Despite what I was saying about Federer's stubbornness I did detect he was using a change of tactics in the last two slam matches they played (AO semi's 2012 and FO final 2011). Hoping to see how this may evolve if/when they meet again. Ha ha! I do realise I don't quite have the credentials to be Federer's coach.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down