The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 Nations - Pts diff and Home Advantage

2 posters

Go down

6 Nations - Pts diff and Home Advantage Empty 6 Nations - Pts diff and Home Advantage

Post by RubyGuby Tue 12 Feb 2013, 4:17 pm

As the 6 Nations continues to evolve then it is only natural that for every problem solved then another is created. In most league formats teams play each other home and away which seems fair. However, we have now gotten to a situation in the 6 Nations where some teams each year have 3 home games and others 2 away games. This would appear to give quite a significant advantage to the home teams in competing for the championship. I think this advantage is now greater when you factor in the points difference element. Does this scenario somewhat skew the 6 nations a little and should there be moves to address it. 1 idea would be to introduce 2 divisions of 4 and let them play 3 games home and 3 away within a 2 tier system. Then again some might not want any change. I'm quite happy with the way things are but it still seems a little unfair year upon year. Be interested in your thoughts thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - Pts diff and Home Advantage Empty Re: 6 Nations - Pts diff and Home Advantage

Post by captain carrantuohil Tue 12 Feb 2013, 4:43 pm

This year seems to be giving the lie to the effect of home advantage, RG. Played 6, Home wins 3, Away wins 3. No, it's all good, far as I see it. Wales have won the 6 Nations Slam in a year when they've had to play 3 away fixtures and so have Ireland, so it can be done. The imbalance gets righted every other year, so I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - Pts diff and Home Advantage Empty Re: 6 Nations - Pts diff and Home Advantage

Post by RubyGuby Tue 12 Feb 2013, 4:48 pm

captain carrantuohil wrote:This year seems to be giving the lie to the effect of home advantage, RG. Played 6, Home wins 3, Away wins 3. No, it's all good, far as I see it. Wales have won the 6 Nations Slam in a year when they've had to play 3 away fixtures and so have Ireland, so it can be done. The imbalance gets righted every other year, so I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

Nice post thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down