The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

v2 Boxing podcast with Nathan Cleverly

+8
ShahenshahG
superflyweight
hampo17
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
TopHat24/7
spencerclarke
Adam D
12 posters

Go down

v2 Boxing podcast with Nathan Cleverly Empty v2 Boxing podcast with Nathan Cleverly

Post by Adam D Fri 15 Feb 2013, 7:08 am

On tonights show, we are pleased to say that we have been joined by the WBO Light Heavyweight Champion, Nathan Cleverly.

Even though it was Valentines night, Nathan took time out of his plans to talk to us about his upcoming fight, what his career plans are and what he thinks of his career so far.

Throughout the interview, Nathan remained honest and didnt duck any questions thrown at him.

He next fights on March 16th at Wembley but to get a taste of how his training is coming along, click the link below to listen to the interview.

As always, we would love to hear what you think and you can tell us below or drop us an email at boxing@v2journal.com

But for the time being , enjoy the show!

http://v2journal.com/16/post/2013/02/the-v2-boxing-podcast-with-nathan-cleverly.html

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

v2 Boxing podcast with Nathan Cleverly Empty Re: v2 Boxing podcast with Nathan Cleverly

Post by spencerclarke Fri 15 Feb 2013, 7:23 am

Great one to catch gents. Im looking forward to hearing his responses as im sure you asked him some difficult questions due to the negative opinion most have of him on here. Should be intruiging.

Doing a sterling job as ever lads

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

v2 Boxing podcast with Nathan Cleverly Empty Re: v2 Boxing podcast with Nathan Cleverly

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 15 Feb 2013, 12:55 pm

If Frank was as successful managing Clev's career as you boys are with these podcasts he wouldn't be such a laughing stock.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 15 Feb 2013, 1:23 pm

Cheers Guys!

If any of you have any feedback it would be appreciated. We just want to make these better and better.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 Feb 2013, 1:32 pm

Adam D wrote:

If any of you have any feedback it would be appreciated. We just want to make these better and better.

Get Naz on.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 15 Feb 2013, 1:35 pm

Adam D wrote:

Replace yourself?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 1:38 pm

Adam D wrote:Cheers Guys!

Get David Haye on and have STRONGBACK interviewing him

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 Feb 2013, 1:42 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

Get David Haye on and have STRONGBACK interviewing him

And onetwo, that would be awesome

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 15 Feb 2013, 1:46 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Adam D wrote:

Replace yourself?

Not sure if its serious (how could it be?) but playing along anyway, other than replacing me, what could I do to be better?

I feel that I most probably talk to much and drown out Paul.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 15 Feb 2013, 1:51 pm

Adam D wrote:

Not sure if its serious (how could it be?) but playing along anyway, other than replacing me, what could I do to be better?

Speak in a different accent and wear a false beard?

I would talk over Paul as well. He is not very interesting.

Perhaps Jeff and I could do the next one? Or Az and TopHat?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 15 Feb 2013, 1:59 pm

Oi!! warning

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 Feb 2013, 2:01 pm

If you can get Sam Langford or Burley on i'm in.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 15 Feb 2013, 2:07 pm

Rowley wrote:

If you can get Sam Langford or Burley on i'm in.

Craig or George Burley?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 Feb 2013, 2:18 pm

Kay

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 15 Feb 2013, 3:22 pm

Adam D wrote:

Speak in a different accent and wear a false beard?

I would talk over Paul as well. He is not very interesting.

That hurts Tina :'(

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 15 Feb 2013, 3:24 pm

hampo171 wrote:

That hurts Tina :'(

You know I'm joking, Hampster!

Hug

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 15 Feb 2013, 3:49 pm

Get Truss on to interview LESCARGO.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 15 Feb 2013, 4:14 pm

On a slightly more on topic note - has anyone actually listened to it and have any comments about what Clev said~?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 15 Feb 2013, 4:51 pm

Any chance of a transcript a week or so after the podcast? Unable to download at work and rarely use the net at home.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:04 pm

Rowley wrote:
Adam D wrote:

Get Naz on.

I want to ask Naz some questions.

Haye I wouldn't be interested in, he's a thug. He's been known to use offensive weapons during press conferences when asked a question.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:07 pm

superflyweight wrote:Get Truss on to interview LESCARGO.

Get Truss to do an a documentary on the Southern Californian male adult industry.

He'de pay his own expenses.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:19 pm

Really enjoyed last nights podcast, have enjoyed them all to be fair. He was open about the criticism he has received which surprised me a little, but I really hope he can push through the big fights now and get that big unification fight for the IBF later this year.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:28 pm

Gotta get Fury on one of these. Could be amazing...

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:29 pm

LESCARGO has retired...

He's living with Meg Ryan in a studio near the adult industry in California..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:30 pm

I wouldn't have to worry about Adam talking over me on that one as I doubt we'd get a word in with that motor mouth Laugh

But I agree, would be great listening for you guys and I great interview for us, and I have been trying to get in touch with him TH but never seem to get a response.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:36 pm

Have you ever thought of running a radio from your server/Home pc? That way we could phone in and get around the swear filter Laugh. Just a thought, used to run one back when I was 17 off my pc , just a long playlist of my favourite songs, with an occsional chat down the mic where I sang while high and lost 99% of my listeners.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:55 pm

the only thing I can remember about last nights podcast was that he said he would stop his opponent in the later rounds (6 onwards).

Also said he was disappointed at only fighting twice last year and will be more active this year.

Has t face the mandatory next (the guy who dropped out twice already) and then wants a unification.

Thinks that hopkins will win the next title fight. Doesnt care which champ he faces, he would beat them all.

There was more but cant remember!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:55 pm

Cheers

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat 16 Feb 2013, 9:39 am

Just listened to the whole thing, love most of the content and line of questioning. Only improvements I can think of are things to break up the discussion at times. I'm not sure if you have the means right now but a V2 jingle at the beginning would stand out imo. Maybe take some good soundbites from other podcasts and put a wee tune behind it

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 16 Feb 2013, 9:46 am

niner wrote:

Just listened to the whole thing, love most of the content and line of questioning. Only improvements I can think of are things to break up the discussion at times. I'm not sure if you have the means right now but a V2 jingle at the beginning would stand out imo. Maybe take some good soundbites from other podcasts and put a wee tune behind it

Cheers niner.

Good idea about the soundbites - I will give it a go over the next week and try and do something along those lines. As for the jingle - can anyone write music? (Other than Bill Conti)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat 16 Feb 2013, 12:49 pm

Adam D wrote:
niner wrote:

Cheers niner.

Good idea about the soundbites - I will give it a go over the next week and try and do something along those lines. As for the jingle - can anyone write music? (Other than Bill Conti)

Now that you have Tyson Fury, you might want to wait for your best soundbite yet Laugh . I've emailed you btw to let you know how I got on, with a few other questions for you

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sat 16 Feb 2013, 1:20 pm

Guys it was another great podcast. Well done, Cleverly came across as an honest intelligent guy, not at all egotistical. He seems a little disappointed in last years fights, but explained that box nation doesn't have the drawing power of Sky, and that he needs to stay active while the bigger fights have remained out of reach.
I'm certainly willing to cut him some extra slack, and hope that 2013 works out the way he hopes.

Keep up the good work, its a great platform for boxers to give an unedited response to critics.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sat 16 Feb 2013, 1:46 pm

It looks like you'll be responsible for his post fight holiday destination Adam. He really should be sitting ringside at that fight, whichever American network is there will be forced to comment on him.
I was a little amazed he didn't know when it was on.

Constructive criticism, don't talk over each other, is it possible to clean up the audio? The guest phone line comes in grainy, its probably just the price of conference calling. I think a jingle start, to brand the podcast as 606 is a good idea. You should try and get the podcasts out there, offer them to 5 live for free. They could run them off their website. You tube them, raise awareness. It would bring traffic back here, they are good content, and boxing fans will be interested.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down