The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eifion Lewis-Roberts gives positive doping test.

3 posters

Go down

Eifion Lewis-Roberts gives positive doping test. Empty Eifion Lewis-Roberts gives positive doping test.

Post by Artful_Dodger Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:20 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/feb/14/sale-lewis-roberts-morphine-toulon

He's at Sale now but the positive sample was taken after the Top 14 final between Toulouse and Toulon last season, making Lewis-Roberts the second Toulon player to produce a positive sample from the game. Steffon Armitage also tested positive for morphine after the same game. Dodgey goings on at Toulon or did both player innocuously take pain killers....? Even if they did surely Toulon would know by now not to be given players these pain killers....?

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Eifion Lewis-Roberts gives positive doping test. Empty Re: Eifion Lewis-Roberts gives positive doping test.

Post by Brendan Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:30 pm

You would think that a player before a game would have to declare what he is taking.

it seems like it was
"Steffon we are going to do a drugs test on you"
Steffon pauses, he tries to remember what he was told
"eh, I have a bad back and took some pills"
"what one Steffon"
"eh, ask my doctor"

Fails test and he says well i told them before a test.

If everyone had to do it before a game it would remove things like this.

Now the whole team was propably tested and so he is the only one that failed so the above situation did not happen.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Eifion Lewis-Roberts gives positive doping test. Empty Re: Eifion Lewis-Roberts gives positive doping test.

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:57 pm

But it's not by now. It was back then, at the same time. Doesn't it make sense that the same pain killer would have been used? None story at the moment.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Fri 15 Feb 2013, 6:00 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:But it's not by now. It was back then, at the same time. Doesn't it make sense that the same pain killer would have been used? None story at the moment.

Maybe so Hammer, maybe so. However how is it that other clubs aren't using the same pain killer and producing positive tests? Are Toulon doing something unconventional with regard to the drugs they're using? It just seems strange to me that Toulon are the only club that would be using this specific drug which is producing positive tests.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down