The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE posts article about Samoa Joe

+5
talkingpoint
MtotheC
Dolphin Ziggler
Dr Gregory House MD
Hero
9 posters

Go down

WWE posts article about Samoa Joe Empty WWE posts article about Samoa Joe

Post by Hero Fri 15 Feb 2013, 10:24 pm

WWE have posted up an article about 14 wrestlers that most people are unaware have at some point appeared in WWE such as Tiger Mask, the Fabulous Freebirds, Kevin Von Erich etc but most interestingly for me is this...

http://www.wwe.com/classics/classic-lists/14-superstars-you-didnt-know-appeared-in-wwe/page-7

Samoa Joe became an icon on the independent wrestling scene throughout much of the 2000s by treating his opponents’ heads like they were soccer balls. A rival of both Daniel Bryan and CM Punk during their early years with the Ring of Honor promotion, the hard-hitting Samoan even battled Kenta Kobashi in the Japanese icon’s most famous North American match.

Joe earned his ardent fan base the hard way. But before he compelled supporters to chant “You’re going to get your head kicked in!” at his shaken opponents, the near 300-pounder made a sole WWE appearance in March 2001. Competing on WWE Jakked only a few years into his career, a young Joe struggled against former WWE Light Heavyweight Champion Essa Rios in an inauspicious national debut. The burly Samoan would go on to kick the teeth out of every major independent wrestler around, but he would not be seen in WWE again.

C'mon HHH go all out to get him onboard, Joe v Punk, Joe v Daniel Bryan etc, the wider audience need to see this.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

WWE posts article about Samoa Joe Empty Re: WWE posts article about Samoa Joe

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 15 Feb 2013, 10:30 pm

His match with Rios is available on YouTube if I remember rightly, he wasn't quite as finely polished then.

And 'You're going to get your f*****g head kicked in' is a Danielson chant!

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 15 Feb 2013, 10:32 pm

The link includes the match too. A but odd though by WWE to post an article about a guy in TNA currently.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 15 Feb 2013, 10:50 pm

Hunter, sign him up (this chant NEVER fails)

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 15 Feb 2013, 11:44 pm

Hero wrote:The link includes the match too. A but odd though by WWE to post an article about a guy in TNA currently.

Could be the wrestling equivilent of tapping up? plus a bit cheeky to refer to TNA as the independent scene.

Call me a pedant but I'm surprised more people aren't up in arms about the chant thing.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 15 Feb 2013, 11:50 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
Hero wrote:The link includes the match too. A but odd though by WWE to post an article about a guy in TNA currently.

Could be the wrestling equivilent of tapping up? plus a bit cheeky to refer to TNA as the independent scene.

Call me a pedant but I'm surprised more people aren't up in arms about the chant thing.

You're a pedant.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 11:53 pm

At a glance I'd never understood all the hype surrounding Joe but watching him do his thing a couple of times more than convinced me that he's absolue gold.

He's already better than 70 per cent of the WWE roster and is wasted floundering in the mid card of TNA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 16 Feb 2013, 12:11 am

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkpmd_roh-cm-punk-vs-samoa-joe_news?search_algo=2#.UR7OJXwgGK0

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xillpl_bryan-danielson-vs-samoa-joe-roh-one-year-anniversary-show_sport#.UR7OfHwgGK3

This is why WWE should bust a gut to get Joe

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sat 16 Feb 2013, 1:12 pm

His match with Daniels and AJ for the x division title is a timeless classic, one of the best matches I've ever seen. Joe in WWE would be a great signing for both the company and wrestler! Fingers crossed there's a hidden agenda to that article.

Oh and house you're a pedant!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 16 Feb 2013, 1:50 pm

I'd like to see Joe win the TNA world title again before he leaves; he deserves it and would have the support of the fans.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 16 Feb 2013, 2:04 pm

When I was at the Manchester tapings recently he easily got one of the biggest pops of the night and he was one of a few that made the hairs on my arm stand up.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat 16 Feb 2013, 2:37 pm

Your hairs cant stand up its physically impossible.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 16 Feb 2013, 2:53 pm

Actually Bull when you're excited (for you perhaps when Batman is showering?) your heart rate speeds up, you have increased stimulation of the piloerector muscles that cause your hair to stand on end for heat loss, as you have a greater volume of blood pumped to your muscles at a faster rate, the heat generated has to go somewhere.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 16 Feb 2013, 2:54 pm

TheBrahmaBull wrote:Your hairs cant stand up its physically impossible.

Unless you are being very pedantic piloerection is a true bodily function.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 16 Feb 2013, 2:57 pm

Hero wrote:Actually Bull when you're excited (for you perhaps when Batman is showering?) your heart rate speeds up, you have increased stimulation of the piloerector muscles that cause your hair to stand on end for heat loss, as you have a greater volume of blood pumped to your muscles at a faster rate, the heat generated has to go somewhere.

It's to trap air and conserve heat in most animals, has almost no effects in humans.

Wouldn't help you lose heat as blood flow is diverted away from the skin in these situations as you correctly alluded to.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat 16 Feb 2013, 3:04 pm

im sorry but Batmans not real hero and ive never been excited over it unlike you who cant control it over some pathetic card game lolz

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Sat 16 Feb 2013, 3:52 pm

Maybe it's the businessman in me speaking, but this plus him being prominently featured in Punk's DVD make me think this is WWE giving him the hard sell. I have no idea when his contract's up, but I can see him being impressed with WWE acknowledging him...that's more than TNA do half the time.

Maybe Punk's got a bit of stroke now so he can push for his buddies to get signed? I seem to remember hearing something about him being quite friendly with Generico.

If that's the case, I'm hoping they'll sign a few more indy guys, particularly the lads in ROH. The Briscoes, Haas and Benjamin, Jay Lethal etc. Can't see the likes of Kevin Steen and Jimmy Jacobs getting signed though Laugh

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 16 Feb 2013, 3:59 pm

I can't see Steen in a WWE ring but I reckon he'd be awesome in TNA if used correctly.

I mentioned though on the podcast a couple of weeks ago in regards to Samoa Joe, 2-3 years ago he'd had been nuts to join WWE, the usual WWE stereotypical native gimmick would have been lumped on him as well as Vince only ever wanting to push homegrown talent but look how that has changed in the past couple of years with Punk, Daniel Bryan, Antonio Cesaro, Dean Ambrose and the likes of Kassius Ohno, Adrian Neville and now El Generico waiting to come up to the roster. I don't recall a better time in WWE for talent grown on the Indy stage as now.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 16 Feb 2013, 4:03 pm

Batman isnt a real hero?

You're not denying a real hero in the shower is exciting?

Its called Piloerection?

Hero got erect over TNA?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sat 16 Feb 2013, 5:01 pm

WWE posts article about Samoa Joe 285276_511070105598715_1106414791_n

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator