The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awful commentary and Interviewing last night!!

+14
School Project
The Galveston Giant
AlexHuckerby
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Knowsit17
rycoys
Rodney
John Bloody Wayne
Steffan
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
BoxingFan88
TRUSSMAN66
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Awful commentary and Interviewing last night!! - Page 2 Empty Awful commentary and Interviewing last night!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 17 Feb 2013, 7:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Dear oh dear.........A complete mismatch basically from start to finish..........Never a moment's doubt about the result and all we got was "He's giving him something to think about....He's winning friends over....How brave" (ad nauseum)......

All these things we wouldn't be hearing If the fight was going the other way!!.....

Then after the fight as usual Smith was up the fighter's butt........."I think you won the first round and maybe the second"

Well whoopy-doo...........

The guy was whipped easily...he shouldn't have been in there....end of!

Let's start calling a spade a spade.....and not this nauseating garbage that gets served up everytime....

I grew up with Marv Albert, Howard Cosell, Alex wallau, Clancy and Ryan and they were critical of home and away boxers and at least tried to be non-partisan........

Time for SKY to be more professional...

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Awful commentary and Interviewing last night!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Awful commentary and Interviewing last night!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Feb 2013, 2:41 pm

I agree Hampo...He's getting on now (bernstein) and it's like he thinks he's lucky to have a job and is playing the butt-lick game to keep it...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Awful commentary and Interviewing last night!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Awful commentary and Interviewing last night!!

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 18 Feb 2013, 2:44 pm

The weird thing with Woodhall is that he's actually pretty damn good in the studio / behind the mic when it's two Brits squaring off, or two non-Brits. He was excellent for PrimeTime in their Marquez-Pacquiao IV coverage, for instance.

The problems crop up when a Brit takes on a non-Brit.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 18 Feb 2013, 2:45 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:To anyone with a brain.. I'm pointing out the differences between American and British commentary.............

And for those without (which'd be you) I'm countering by pointing out that your countrymen are every bit as bad. You may be able to pick out an example or two, but the fact remains the guys commentating on the main headline fights in the US are as bad if not worse than anything Sky or other Brit shows produce.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Feb 2013, 2:46 pm

I've pointed out that we are not.................Albert, Ryan and Clancy........

Now let's just kiss and make up..but no tongues!! raspberry

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 18 Feb 2013, 3:32 pm

HBO are very biased towards their PPV stars.

I suppose that's different to the nationalistic pride shown by some commentators.

I would guess most commentators are partisan towards their own fighters/sportsmen. The French are probably the same but we never hear it because we don't watch French TV.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 18 Feb 2013, 4:32 pm

I think Kellerman is pretty good nowadays, as someone who watches HBO Boxing regularly and watches Lampleys Fight Game pretty regularly I think they have a pretty balanced view on things and Roy Jones Jr. (Although no one can ever take Stewards place properly in my view) Roy comes as close as in my book, great technical knowledge.

The thing is there really is nothing wrong with showing the support to the countrymen by saying "the good news is" and things like that.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Feb 2013, 5:59 pm

I disagree........It wears on the viewer to have one-sided commentary all the time!!

A fight-caller should do what is on the tin...call the fight!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Feb 2013, 6:43 pm

If Kellerman's sycophancy is the alternative to Larry Merchant picking fights with Mayweather then I think we should have members of Broner's entourage interviewing him instead. All Kellerman was missing was one of those sparkly red white and blue "Team Broner" jackets.

I fail to see how the commentary team could fawn over Broner for easily dealing with a guy several leagues below him in ability. Had Rees been smashing his way through the LW division without breaking sweat then I'd be inclined to be impressed, but Rees was nothing more than a game, but "available at short notice" challenger.

However, I appreciate that it would be unseemly for commentators to say "Well, I dunno about you but I've seen enough and I'm going home because this is getting embarrasing."

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 7:59 pm

Be a nice change though..............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2