The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Antonio Cesaro

+5
Dr Gregory House MD
VDT
Hero
Aaronb33
Mr H
9 posters

Go down

Antonio Cesaro Empty Antonio Cesaro

Post by Guest Mon 18 Feb 2013, 8:54 am

Does anyone think Cesaro is being used wrongly with the WWE?

The guy obviously has a lot of strength and talent but it seems like he is being used as some Eastern European powerhouse. The only person I can kind of compare him to is Kozlov.

Are the WWE using Cesaro in the right way, could he have a different gimmick?

Back to top Go down

Antonio Cesaro Empty Re: Antonio Cesaro

Post by Mr H Mon 18 Feb 2013, 10:04 am

When i read that you compare Claudio Castagnoli to Vladimir Kozlov i immediately lost interest in the article.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Feb 2013, 10:05 am

Yet steal felt the need to comment, interest not lost huh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 18 Feb 2013, 10:11 am

I don't think Cesaro is being used wrongly. I think he's being used and built up perfectly.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Mon 18 Feb 2013, 10:31 am

I wasn't too sure until last night. He'd showed his strength, and occasionally he showed how good he is technically, but last night was a masterclass in building a match around attacking one limb.

The amount of stuff he managed to do while only targeting the shoulder was fantastic. I can see him becoming the new "Cerebral Assassin". It's been a while since we've seen a properly methodical wrestler.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 18 Feb 2013, 10:46 am

I think in ring he's been absolutely fantastic, nearly week he does something that wows me which is rare in a WWE ring, the lifting of guys like of Tensai, the way he swung Miz around like a ragdoll on RAW, I think he's been utilised really well so far.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon 18 Feb 2013, 1:55 pm

I think he's booked well so far!

WWE do seem to struggle with how to book wrestlers that aren't American, Canadian or Mexican as their default gimmick is the American hating heel character!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Feb 2013, 2:00 pm

An Eastern European powerhouse from Switzerland??

I know its Eastern of us but he's hardly Eastern Eurpoean

Anyhow I get off subject. I like him, think he may drop the title to start moving up the ladder a bit more to bigger feuds, although not nessacarily for one of the titles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 18 Feb 2013, 9:44 pm

Cesaro has been pushed fine for me, he's held the US title for coming up for 200 days now, he's defended it, often convincingly, on every PPV since (I think) and he's shown himself to be a very good worker.

His gimmick isn't too dissimilar to the way he carried himself as Castaginoli in the indies at times, it's certainally not something WWE have thrust upon him.

He's been kept strong and most importantly haven't lost interest in him, he's featured frequently and is well placed to make a stab at the crowded main event scene.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 18 Feb 2013, 10:03 pm

In the mid-card I think he's been booked the best of anybody, he's managed to establish himself as a weekly fixture with ease considering he didn't debut that long ago. He's certainly already in a stronger position than the likes of Kofi Kingston, and is catching up to people like Dolph Ziggler.

I think he's also been presented very well in the ring where he doesn't only use his strength but shows good technical skills. I'm not sure of all the booking in the WWE why you picked on one of their strong areas.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon 18 Feb 2013, 10:18 pm

I think he could be a very good WHC. He could bring in viewing figures to Smackdown and with him and Punk as the two main champions on either roster, the whole product would be enhanced as they are believable champions. Unlike someone like Swagger or Del Rio, who just don't have true championship credentials

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 18 Feb 2013, 10:46 pm

Liam wrote:I think he could be a very good WHC. He could bring in viewing figures to Smackdown and with him and Punk as the two main champions on either roster, the whole product would be enhanced as they are believable champions. Unlike someone like Swagger or Del Rio, who just don't have true championship credentials

Can you clarify what you mean by that? Because I think Swagger looks like a far more credible champion Not as talented but he looks The part

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 18 Feb 2013, 11:14 pm

If Bryan could win the Money in the Bank match then feud with Jericho in an Ironman submission match, Ambrose, Cesaro, a debuting Ohno and then Punk before cashing in on Cena by No Locking him to tears then the IWC would break down in a flood of love juice

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 18 Feb 2013, 11:23 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:If Bryan could win the Money in the Bank match then feud with Jericho in an Ironman submission match, Ambrose, Cesaro, a debuting Ohno and then Punk before cashing in on Cena by No Locking him to tears then the IWC would break down in a flood of love juice

Not nearly enough surprises in there for my likeing.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 19 Feb 2013, 12:14 am

I've got absolutely no idea where the comparison with Kozlov comes from with Cesaro other than the fact they're both not American

His character is brilliant and as has been highlighted isn't a million miles away from what he was doing as Claudio Castaginoli, it's not a new way of Wrestling for him, the way the guy targets an area of the body and works and works on it is fantastic story telling, the only unfortunate thing about him is he's been working with guys like Miz who haven't got the natural Wrestling instinct to properly sell the injury, they get caught up in the hype of the live crowd, Cesaro doesn't, utter propfessional, I can't wait until he moves up the card, I've got a feeling the next 2/3 years with the rise of him, Daniel Bryan, Kassisu Ohno, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Cory Graves and Bray Wyatt, the WHC scene is going to look pretty epic....although I realise all I've mentioned there are all heels except Bryan who is somewhat inbetween at present

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 19 Feb 2013, 12:18 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
Liam wrote:I think he could be a very good WHC. He could bring in viewing figures to Smackdown and with him and Punk as the two main champions on either roster, the whole product would be enhanced as they are believable champions. Unlike someone like Swagger or Del Rio, who just don't have true championship credentials

Can you clarify what you mean by that? Because I think Swagger looks like a far more credible champion Not as talented but he looks The part

I don't know. His whole look and when he's on the mic screams out of someone that is trying to be pushed to a level I don't think he's capable of reaching. Cesaro plays his character superbly, is over with the crowd and is a complete badass with a great move set. Plus, he hasn't needed someone to come in to get him over with the crowd like Swagger ha

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 19 Feb 2013, 12:19 am

Kay Fabe wrote:I've got absolutely no idea where the comparison with Kozlov comes from with Cesaro other than the fact they're both not American

His character is brilliant and as has been highlighted isn't a million miles away from what he was doing as Claudio Castaginoli, it's not a new way of Wrestling for him, the way the guy targets an area of the body and works and works on it is fantastic story telling, the only unfortunate thing about him is he's been working with guys like Miz who haven't got the natural Wrestling instinct to properly sell the injury, they get caught up in the hype of the live crowd, Cesaro doesn't, utter propfessional, I can't wait until he moves up the card, I've got a feeling the next 2/3 years with the rise of him, Daniel Bryan, Kassisu Ohno, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Cory Graves and Bray Wyatt, the WHC scene is going to look pretty epic....although I realise all I've mentioned there are all heels except Bryan who is somewhat inbetween at present

That's one out of the left field, he looks decent enough but I've not been blown away by him.

I've got to say WWE's roster is looking possibly the strongest it has in a long, long time.

HHH's recruitment policy cannot be commended enough.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 19 Feb 2013, 12:54 am

I really like the look of this guy, I think he'll be a major player, I love his look, his crazy eyes and his finisher, he comes across as a real psychopath, I think they could have some serious fun if they book this guy right, he's unpredictable, I like that

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down