The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What the hell are WWE doing to Cesaro?

+4
Hero
NickisBHAFC
JoshSansom
x12x
8 posters

Go down

Am I over reacting?

What the hell are WWE doing to Cesaro? Vote_lcap50%What the hell are WWE doing to Cesaro? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]
What the hell are WWE doing to Cesaro? Vote_lcap50%What the hell are WWE doing to Cesaro? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 8

What the hell are WWE doing to Cesaro? Empty What the hell are WWE doing to Cesaro?

Post by x12x Sun 31 Mar 2013, 3:20 am

I am a massive fan of Antonio Cesaro and really think that with the right push he could be a great World Heavyweight Champion but at the moment WWE just seem to have no time for him and have been booking him awfully...he's the United States champion but he seems to be jobbing to the main eventers instead of dominating the mid card to try and add some prestige to the title, on top of this just over a week until Mania and he doesn't even have a match even though he's a champion.

If you look at his last ten matches his record is W:4 L:6

Now I admit that some defeats were against stars like Kane, Orton and Ryback but one of the losses was against Sin-FREAKING-Cara...is that really the person who should be able to beat a champion in the WWE? Also about him being beaten by Kane/Orton and Ryback, why is he being used to job to bigger stars? The amount of mid carders who could have done this instead of the US Champ...I know that these matches were to make these guys look strong but WWE have been around long enough to show that you don't always have to go that route.

I'm hoping that after Mania they seem to have a plan for him (and the other guys who seem to be in no man's land) because it would be awful to see him get F.E'd because of creative's poor ideas (or lack of ideas at all). Am I over reacting? Let me know what you think.

x12x

Back to top Go down

What the hell are WWE doing to Cesaro? Empty Re: What the hell are WWE doing to Cesaro?

Post by JoshSansom Sun 31 Mar 2013, 10:47 am

I would guess that he is being held off anything major until after WM. It is a shame for him as his work this year has merited a WM moment but I can see him being a bigger influence into the spring / summer. I would guess that they may go for keeping him on the title until SS before culminating the whole "no American can beat me for the title" storyline.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

What the hell are WWE doing to Cesaro? Empty Re: What the hell are WWE doing to Cesaro?

Post by x12x Sun 31 Mar 2013, 11:27 am

I hope so, at the moment it feels like they've put so much effort in to part timers such as Brock, Rock and Taker and building the John Cena main event redemption moment that they've forgotten about the mid carder's.

The fact that Fandango has a match but Cesaro does is ridiculous, while Fandango could be an amazing wrestler and is showing potential to somehow get the tango dancer gimmick some actual heat, it just strikes me as odd that a wrestler like Cesaro is being pushed to the side so that the 8 man mixed tag can happen.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 11:35 am

I enjoyed the feud with Miz but that just kind of ended and Miz started going for Barrett. Really felt that could've been built to a climax at Mania. Unfortunately now I can see a battle royal as a warm up to mania and then a last minute match against somebody like Kofi Kingston on the show itself. Granted those two could put on a really good match, but it would've been cool to give the title a bit of prestige by building it through a rivalry with somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 31 Mar 2013, 11:48 am

Yeah that's another feud that just happened even though Barrett and Sheamus looked certain and would have been an amazingly hard hitting match. Barrett is another star who sooner or later needs to be in the WHC picture.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 31 Mar 2013, 12:10 pm

Im a huge fan of Cessaro. I think he should win one of the money in the banks in the summer. Have him drop the US title after Mania, then have a feud with a decent top superstar. Recently WWE don't know what they want to do with him.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 31 Mar 2013, 12:42 pm

I think they're holding fire on him until after Mania and I suspect its to do with the imminent call up to the main roster for Kassius Ohno, and they'll either feud or reunite as a pairing.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 31 Mar 2013, 12:58 pm

I'm watching Main Event right now and he's yodelling...what. the. hell.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 31 Mar 2013, 1:05 pm

He's from Switzerland,that's what they do! Next week they'll have him revealing stolen Nazi paintings.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 31 Mar 2013, 1:25 pm

I'm surprised he doesn't enter through a Cuckoo Clock on ski's given the WWE's love of cliché's.

With his look he's got the ability to be a believable heel and get some real heat going but by making him do that he's being reduced to a joke...he's got the strength but he's also quite agile for his size and his move set is incredible...I hope we're right about him being held off until Mania is over because right now it feels like he's a few matches away from dancing with Brodus and Tensai.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 31 Mar 2013, 1:35 pm

I dont think hes really earned much of a push lately. Hes very good in the ring and his style is intriguing, but there is nothing about his current gimmick that screams "push me!". Nothing has been his fault so far but his reign has been disappointing because of how much potential it had to be better. What feud has he had that stands out?

Dont get me wrong, I really like him, but his position at the moment is pretty much where he deserves. Hes got a belt, had some exposure, although he deserves a match at Mania. Is the writing around him as good as he deserves? No, but theres few midcarders who get creative stories. But overall he is reasonably new and hasnt shown any character to suggest he should be up with the WHC yet.

Basically, his position is right but the ideas for him are not. I could probably say that for most of the roster on both WWE and TNA

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 31 Mar 2013, 1:49 pm

I agree with you on his position being right but the ideas not being the right ones but with the right ideas he could easily be up there with a WHC shot in the next year or two...Until they give him the right ideas it's going to be hard for him.

If it was me, I'd play him as the anti-american (cliche I know), showing his brute force and maybe bringing back the moment he did the big spin 100 times to show his strength, I'd keep him as far away from the comedic moments as possible. his match against Miz where he focussed on Miz's injury showed just how menacing he could come across.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 31 Mar 2013, 2:15 pm

I said it a couple of weeks ago, I think the Swagger push has been the reason they've halted Cesaro's push, the whole gimmick was that no American could beat the foreigner, with them going down the whole foreigner shouldn't be champ with the WHC then I think they felt it was contradictory to expect the fans to accept the foreign World Champion but not the foreign US Champion

I've got no doubt he'll be given a big push later on in the year, he's got everything needed, great look, awesome in the ring, he's also unique in his style and can promo well

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Sun 31 Mar 2013, 6:26 pm

i was speaking with my 12 and 9 year old nephews. I asked what they thought of the mid-card titles.

They ''don't mind'' the IC title but think the US title is rubbish. Says it all really.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Sun 31 Mar 2013, 6:33 pm

When I was a kid (just a few years ago) I couldn't give a fiddle about the US or Intercontinental, then again that's probably because I was obsessed with the big shots and stuff.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 31 Mar 2013, 7:01 pm

When Chris Jericho was IC champ I was 10/11 and I really liked the title but it might have been because of Jericho being the champ, if I was a kid now I'd hate the title but mainly because kids rarely like heel's.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 31 Mar 2013, 7:39 pm

Wrestlemania 16 - A two fall triple threat match for the IC and the European titles between Benoit, Angle and Jericho.

This year Barrett and The Miz might be on the card and Cesaro (US title being the EU equivalent) has nothing as of yet.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down