The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robin McBryde hits new heights of gibberish

+7
Solid8
LondonTiger
Cyril
nathan
Glas a du
RubyGuby
Luckless Pedestrian
11 posters

Go down

Robin McBryde hits new heights of gibberish Empty Robin McBryde hits new heights of gibberish

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:53 am

"When you are away from the coalface you are able to weigh up everything and put things in the right boxes."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/21462127

What are these boxes and what exactly do you put in them? Coal?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Robin McBryde hits new heights of gibberish Empty Re: Robin McBryde hits new heights of gibberish

Post by RubyGuby Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:56 am

Just tell him the mines have closed thumbsup

In all seriousness I was thinking about this stuff all weekend - This is exactly what welsh coaches come out with. Lancaster on the other hand states his objectives and then provides detailed rational analysis about how he goes about achieving those objectives. This welsh naivity from a coaching angle is endemic in the welsh culture - welsh coaches make grand statements without having a clue about how they will go about achieving these overall aims. It really frustrates me and is indicative of the grandiose incestuous nature of welsh rugby which is littered with jobs for the boys who do not have the intellectual skill and acumen to deliver where it matters. It's such a great shame as we have such a talented squad at the moment when everyone is fit. The same goes for the regions - its probably my biggest gripe as everything else tends to flow from it thumbsup

Last edited by RubyGuby on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Robin McBryde hits new heights of gibberish Empty Re: Robin McBryde hits new heights of gibberish

Post by Glas a du Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:00 am

I'm impressed he can deal in metaphors, it's asking a bit much for him not to mix them.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:00 am

I think he's trying to say "stop, stand back and look at your options". Well i'll completely guessing there....

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:01 am

No doubt his laptop told him to say that. When you think he's busy studying set pieces or looking at stats he's actually using a random phrase generator Very Happy

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:07 am

I always assumed he was on webuyanycar.com

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:41 am

I once got a Dilbert gift set for Christmas that included software that allowed tou to type in what you wanted to say and it translated it into corporate motivational gibberish.

I suspect rather a lot of sport's coaches may have received such a thing.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Solid8 Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:11 pm

Personally I always thought that the laptops the coaches all huddled round were actually just old fashioned chalk slates dressed up to look like laptops to save embarrassment.

Solid8

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:16 pm

No they use them to check up on the views on internet fora.
Im pretty such HERSH is Rob Howley

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:25 pm

McBryde has obviously flipped. Howley needs to tell the media to leave him alone immediately or they'll be like jackals round an antelope carcass.

Get McBryde down to the sports psychoanalysts and sort his head out before it's too late.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:32 pm

I think McBryde and Howley share the same problem: they start a sentence without any idea how they're going to end it.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by samuraidragon Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:39 pm

Casartelli wrote:McBryde has obviously flipped. Howley needs to tell the media to leave him alone immediately or they'll be like jackals round an antelope carcass.

Get McBryde down to the sports psychoanalysts and sort his head out before it's too late.

I for one would be proud of him if he went!

samuraidragon

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:26 pm

http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/1995-04-03/

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down