The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody else going to Rome this weekend ?

5 posters

Go down

Anybody else going to Rome this weekend ? Empty Anybody else going to Rome this weekend ?

Post by PenfroPete Mon 18 Feb 2013 - 11:10

Any other 606-ers making their way to Rome for this weekend. Might be nice (or not Rolling Eyes ) to put some faces to names

We’ll be here from around 17:30 on Friday Ale

http://www.finditinrome.com/bars/cocktail-bar/piazza-navona/la-botticella
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rome-Italy/La-Botticella-Rome/34310226942
http://www.qype.co.uk/place/593031-La-Botticella-Rome

PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Anybody else going to Rome this weekend ? Empty Re: Anybody else going to Rome this weekend ?

Post by maestegmafia Mon 18 Feb 2013 - 20:16

Yes I am going with my wife and some friends. We are in Italy at the moment in the North East and are catching the train down Friday.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Anybody else going to Rome this weekend ? Empty Re: Anybody else going to Rome this weekend ?

Post by PenfroPete Mon 18 Feb 2013 - 21:13

Ah Maes, we are at our hotel in Gatwick. We fly to Verona and then train to Mantova tomorrow. Get to Roma on Friday. Would be good to see you, Botticella is just off Piazza Navona Ale
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 18 Feb 2013 - 21:19

Have a great time lads I used to live down south on the Amalfi coast - Arriverderci and come on Walessssssssssssssssss thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 18 Feb 2013 - 22:01

Cheers Penfro...!

I am not sure what our plans are. Ill PM you when I know. Tickets were remarkably cheap, under €120 for four through a friend in Treviso two days ago.

I've not heard of La Botticella. We are staying on Via di Porta Pinciana I think the hotel is called something incredibly Eurotrash like "Hotel Splendid". Apparently a nice place though according to our friends. Better be at the cost. Not a cheap city mate.

Speak soon, have a safe trip.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 11:29

Cheers Maes, waiting for our flight to he called. We are staying just off Piazza Navona on the same street as the Abbey Theatre Irish pub. We go to La Botticella every Friday before the game and we haven't missed an Italy away since the 6 Nations started. Hope to see you Hug
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 12:00

I wish, have been to all but the 1st of Englands 6N games there, great city.

I'm sure you know plenty of places to go as a regular, but more than happy to dig out some of the places we've enjoyed going to. Although frankly if you just walk around and stay off the very tourist squares there are loads of nice cafes/bars.

Enjoy!

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 21 Feb 2013 - 12:24

Cheers Bathman OK Yes, we've got loads of places we have been but I'm always happy to learn about others experiences. Cheers Ale Right now it's snowing heavily here in Mantova !! Anybody else going to Rome this weekend ? 3754190863
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Thu 21 Feb 2013 - 14:46

It was snowing last year in Rome and it was blooming freezing! On the plus side it meant plenty of excuses to stop off at bars/cafes!

A couple of places I can remember off the top of my head:

http://www.anticaenoteca.com/

Nice little wine bar/ restaurant, nothing too fancy but always seems to be busy.

http://www.ristorantelacampana.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6&Itemid=7&lang=it

I really like this restaurant, proper Italian food, always full of locals and open on a Sunday too. I don't think we've ever seen other Brits in there, but while searching for it online there seemed to be a lot of reviews in English, so I guess its getting more popular.

They are the only 2 which I can remember the names of off the top of head that I would recommend. Somewhere at home I've got a load of cards from restaurants/bars so I'll try and remember to have a look tonight.

Have a good time, you'll like the new stadium, much better than the old one!

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by youngguns6 Thu 21 Feb 2013 - 15:35

Catching a 6.15am plane tomorrow drunk!

Any recommendations on nightlife ?

Can't wait now, might even catch the dragons game on the Sunday... Must be mad lol

youngguns6

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri 22 Feb 2013 - 7:23

BATHMAN - Thanks for those. Been to the Enoteca, but not heard of that restaurant. May well give it a whirl OK

YOUNGGUN - Not sute what to say on the nightlife, I'm getting on a bit now Rolling Eyes
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri 22 Feb 2013 - 13:39

MAES - I've PM'd you
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down