The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What were they thinking?! (Raw Spoilers)

+12
Dr Gregory House MD
RinoGattuso
Liam
theundisputedY2D2
Kay Fabe
Samo
talkingpoint
x12x
Jammy31
Bull
Hero
VoiceOfTheVoiceless
16 posters

Go down

What were they thinking?! (Raw Spoilers) Empty What were they thinking?! (Raw Spoilers)

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Tue 19 Feb 2013, 8:09 am

So The Rock revealed the new look WWE title....I hated the spinner belt, but I'm starting to miss it already now, the new belt is truly awful. It's so plain there's nothing to it. It makes the intercontinental title look like its worth more. He should of just brought back the old undisputed title, it was the perfect opportunity to do it too!

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

What were they thinking?! (Raw Spoilers) Empty Re: What were they thinking?! (Raw Spoilers)

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2013, 8:41 am

I haven't seen it but I honestly can't believe it could be much worse than that chavvy bling fest one it replaces

Back to top Go down

What were they thinking?! (Raw Spoilers) Empty Re: What were they thinking?! (Raw Spoilers)

Post by Hero Tue 19 Feb 2013, 8:44 am

Here you go:

Spoiler:

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 19 Feb 2013, 9:56 am

Looks better then the crap spinner , i think it looks good anyway and they cant bring the undisputed title back when it was planned that they would reveal that new title at some point in the last 3 months or so.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 10:23 am

The thing is, for me that belt just doesn't stand out on the Champion's shoulder. Titles are meant to be bold and draw your attention...this does is neither.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 19 Feb 2013, 10:27 am

Well they could always follow TNA's lead and go with something akin to Jeff Hardy's custom belt:

Spoiler:

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 19 Feb 2013, 10:29 am

thats horrible lol , the title looks fine better then trash before, with all things new it will get time to warm up to.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 19 Feb 2013, 10:42 am

While it's still pretty tacky (when looking at it up close) at least the old belt has gone, I think the best looking belt is the WHC belt, it's nice and simple and reminds me of the belts from when I was younger (am I right in saying it's basically the old WCW belt?).

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 19 Feb 2013, 11:10 am

For me TNA's real heavyweight belt (not Jeff Hardy's personal one...although his new one is a million times better than his old one) is a fantastic looking belt because it looks real - if you compare it to the UFC's belts. This new WWE belt looks better than the spinner version but still isn't as good looking as the heavyweight title belt ADR currently holds.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 19 Feb 2013, 11:46 am

I prefered the spinner belt. I liked how it was big and chunky and eye catching. The new one just feels, pleh.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 19 Feb 2013, 12:32 pm

I was excited as hell when I watched this, didn't have a clue they were going to bring out a new belt, wanted rid of the Spinner for ages, however, I felt completely underwhelmed with this title, how can designers and the guys who give it a yes vote, guys like Triple H really get it so wrong, if anyone knows the value of a top belt it's Helmsley, this belt just feels like an upgrade from the nXt Title, not a true World Championship Belt.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Tue 19 Feb 2013, 12:58 pm

I was trying to think what design it reminded me of and you've just reminded me.

It should always contain the eagle, just like the 4 before this design did.

The brahma bull logos on the side plate make it even worse

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 1:30 pm

It's pretty meh to be honest. Obviously it's an improvement on the spinner belt but Jeff Hardy on a month's supply of crystal meth could design a better looking belt than the spinner belt..... hang on..... wait a sec.... nope my mistake - he actually couldn't.

I wish they'd go back to a larger version of the winged eagle belt (The Hogan/Savage/WORYAH!/Hart/Michaels belt). That was a classy looking bit of kit.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 19 Feb 2013, 1:34 pm

IE this one?

Spoiler:

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 1:37 pm

Bingo OK

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 19 Feb 2013, 1:42 pm

I think the reason they don't return to that kind of design is because there are two world titles - the heavyweight and the WWE. Because the heavyweight title is of a more traditional design, the WWE one has to differentiate itself by emphasising the WWE logo. It's a shame as the old world title belt was perfectly good.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 19 Feb 2013, 1:47 pm

Just wish they brought back the undisputed belt. Its was a gorgeous looking things and just stood out when whoever had it walked to the ring with it.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 19 Feb 2013, 1:53 pm

VoiceOfTheVoiceless wrote:I was trying to think what design it reminded me of and you've just reminded me.

It should always contain the eagle, just like the 4 before this design did.

The brahma bull logos on the side plate make it even worse

Quit your moaning and live with it , this is the new design till who knows another 12 years lol

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2013, 1:56 pm

Just seen it, its not amazing or even a patch on the older ones but its better than the Cena endorsed one which has to be the most tacky title belt ever

Think its obvious what was going through their minds when they said yes to this. Nice big WWE logo, simple design which will cheaply and easily made into plastic belts sold for huge profits in every toy store around the world

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 19 Feb 2013, 2:10 pm

My son will be gutted, he loves his spinning one that plays Cena's music

#theshame

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Tue 19 Feb 2013, 2:19 pm

Hero wrote:IE this one?

Spoiler:

Is this the same one just smashed up?

Spoiler:

Always like this one

Spoiler:

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 19 Feb 2013, 2:20 pm

I must be in the minority I didn't mind the last one.

Don't mind this one either, end of the day it's just a belt.

Saying the found the old school title a bit more understated and prettier.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Tue 19 Feb 2013, 3:22 pm

It's growing on me abit after seeing a few images of it now.

Looks a lot better with the proper side plates I think.

New Belt

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 19 Feb 2013, 3:37 pm

VoiceOfTheVoiceless wrote:It's growing on me abit after seeing a few images of it now.

Looks a lot better with the proper side plates I think.

New Belt

from that image it looks much better, it will grow on everyone eventually.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 19 Feb 2013, 3:41 pm

I agree it looks much better like that. Suprised WWE didn't have a scrolling Twitter feed across the bottom of it with the latest trending hashtag.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 19 Feb 2013, 4:20 pm

I like it

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Tue 19 Feb 2013, 4:20 pm

i quite like it. either way as long as the spinner belt is gone. The black and gold look is pretty good.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 19 Feb 2013, 4:46 pm

I like the new belt, A LOT better than the crappy old spinner.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 19 Feb 2013, 5:45 pm

I like it, its far less gaudy than the others. Looks quite cool if you ask me

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down