The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semi Final Weekend!

2 posters

Go down

Semi Final Weekend! Empty Semi Final Weekend!

Post by MR. scotland27 Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:56 am

As it is going to be a huge weekend of european rugby, I was wondering about people's thoughts for the remaining three semi finals. I think it could be Leinster to win at home, sheer support taking through, but also because French sides don't travel well as illustrated by Tolouse earlier in the season when they lost to Wasps. I also think that Leinster really do have the backs to trouble Tolouse, but this all hinges on whether Sexton can step up and deliver when it really matters.

I also think that Northampton should go through, this is because Perpingian do not travel well either and they were so lucky in a scrappy quarter final angainst Toloun. They were supposed to be at home for that fixture, but in the first half completely self destructed. The battle up front in this match will also be immense with the likes of Tonga'uhia and Mujati up angainst Corvec and Chourly. The only way I can see Perpingian winning is if they stop Northampton from crossing the gainline and really batter them up front.

The last one is the in the Amlin where Munster face Quins at Thommond park. Despite it not being a great season for Munster in europe I just can't see quins winning over there.

They are of course playing to see who will face Stade in the final, who against all odds beat Clermont 29-25 last night in Paris.

Your Thoughts on a great weekend of rugby!

MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Semi Final Weekend! Empty Re: Semi Final Weekend!

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:31 am

Just one quick comment about Perpignan - I believe this season they have travelled well. They managed a draw away against Leicester (a huge achievement!) and while they lost to the Scarlets they did in fact out score them in tries. They are an exceptionally dangerous side, and I for one wouldn't be surprised if they bean Northampton! They definitely have the forwards to do it imo.

I can't really see past Leinster and Munster wins either but both Tolouse and Quins are quality sides. The Irish teams are going to have to be at their very best to win today, and fingers crossed they do it!

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:48 am

I still think northampton could do it but it will be a huge battle up front for their fowards today. It all depends on whether perpingian can stop them up front, but with home advantage I still think saints will do it.
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun May 01, 2011 7:35 am

I only saw the highlights yesterday. Previous teams that beat Toulouse have either caught them cold or been exceptionally lucky with last ditch tackles and pulled off unlikely wins. Leinster are tge first team that I have seen beating a committed and in form Toulouse in tge latter stages of tgis competition. Fantastic effort and tge match was an excellent advert for the NH.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down