The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2,000 Guineas Procession

4 posters

Go down

2,000 Guineas Procession Empty 2,000 Guineas Procession

Post by Swanseadabber Sat 30 Apr 2011, 4:42 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/racing/article-1382214/Frankel-romps-spectacular-2-000-Guineas-glory-Newmarket.html
Swanseadabber
Swanseadabber

Back to top Go down

2,000 Guineas Procession Empty Re: 2,000 Guineas Procession

Post by Swanseadabber Sat 30 Apr 2011, 4:43 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/racing/article-1382201/Sublime-Frankel-confirms-Henry-Cecils-resurgence-2-000-Guineas-romp.html
Swanseadabber
Swanseadabber

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sat 30 Apr 2011, 4:56 pm

Im an old duffer and ive seen plenty of 2000s,ive got a full set of Timeforms so ive read about the ones i havent seen but that out there on the Heath today was the closest thing to a demolition that ive seen in a Classic.Only Tudor Minstrel in 47 would better it,a performance right out of the top draw.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat 30 Apr 2011, 4:57 pm

Thanks very much for the links Swansea.......exciting times ahead : )

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Sat 30 Apr 2011, 6:04 pm

total superstar!!

if he hadn't run in the Greenham I wouldn't have been convinced before today, but I knew after that prep run he would be unbeatable today.

I already have my ticket for Derby day, just hope he will run in it!

interestingly the 2nd - Dubawi Gold and 3rd - Native Khan also have had winning runs already this season. I really do think trainers take a big risk going straight for the Guineas increasingly each season. Maybe after today we might start to see that trend being reversed.

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sat 30 Apr 2011, 6:17 pm

Dont want to rain on your parade Steveo but he cant run that free in the Derby and even if he did settle i very much doubt he'll get the trip.If he was mine it would be a little break then the St James Palace,Sussex then QE 2.Why does he have to prove himself over further? He a colt of outstanding ability(i dont use great very often),head and shoulders above whats around at this moment in time but id love to see him lock horns with Canford Cliffs and the other older milers later in the season.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Sat 30 Apr 2011, 6:46 pm

To be honest racingnut I do tend to agree with you.
clearly you can't run a Derby like that, but it would be fun to see him try!

certainly would like him to go for the Sussex Stakes. This is probably my favourite race of the season, as you usually get the best milers on their top form by this stage of the season. It certainly is a race which has proved very profitable for me in recent years!

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sat 30 Apr 2011, 9:29 pm

Just been sitting and thinking about Frankel and where he fits into the whole scheme of things.I always thought that Chief Singer was the best sprinter/miler ive ever seen but ihave to say that i dont think even he could have lived with Frankel today,at any trip. The bare bones form probably isnt that fantastic but Frankel is certainly worth more than the official winning margin as he had these cooked after four furlongs and he had to do all the donkey work himself.Some of the sectionals are sprinter paced.Whether he can do this again is up for debate as that will have either bottomed him or got very close to it and a horse can only recover a certain amount of times before the efforts finally catch up with him.This Guineas will go down in folklore,like Tudor Minstrel in 47(the comparisons are frightening,ive just looked at the photos in Racehorses of 1947) and if you were lucky enough to have been there then you have undeniebly seen a horse that,natural progession allowing,could end up at the top table of milers that have ever set foot on a racecourse in this country.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanseadabber Sat 30 Apr 2011, 9:58 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghUY0k4YX1k
Swanseadabber
Swanseadabber

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sun 01 May 2011, 9:07 am

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen a performance like that ever!

Was that the plan to ride him like that? It must have been, I suppose.

So how many times more will he appear on a race course before he's whisked away to stud?

This is why I have a job to get into flat racing........but I'm trying lol

Anyway thanks for posting the link Swansea that's the first time I'd seen the race.

Will have a look at all the racing clips you've posted on v2's Youtube channel when I get chance.

Here's the link to it, for those who may not be aware we have one : )

606v2 on Youtube

As always I have to dash off to work.......enjoy today's racing everyone........ see you later : )

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sun 01 May 2011, 6:05 pm

Done a littlenumber crunching on the race and have come up with the following;
Frankel beats Dubawi Gold rated 101 by 6l,at 3lb a length thats an 18lb beating.
Frankel beats Native Khan rated 111 by 6.5l,at 3lb a length thats a 19.5lb beating.
Frankel beats Slim Shadey rated 101 by 17.5l,at 3lb a length thats a 52.5lb beating.
He beat the rest that far that we cant possibly use them to ascertain anything like a rating for the winner.This might sound daft but im inclined to use the fourth,Slim Shadey,to try and rate the winner.Frankel beat Slim Shadey in last years Royal Lodge by 14.75l,he beats him by a distance roughly in the same ballpark yesterday.Theres no reason to think that either one of them hasnt run to his rating(particularly Frankel!)so as a total form student i have Frankel somewhere in the 150s!!!.even if you use the second or third to try to get a rating it puts Frankel at around the 130 mark.I really find it had to quantify his performance,it is absolutely jawdropping,this will go down as one of the great efforts of all time,its a Hawk Wing or Arazi or Sea Bird moment.As a one off performance then only Hawk Wings Lockinge comes close to it in my racing lifetime and i dont think ive seen a miler that would have lived with him yesterday.
He isnt going to York and i hope he doesnt go to the Derby cos he wouldnt stay 12f in a taxi,hes a miler through and through and he doesnt have to prove himself over further in my book because a brilliant colt is a brilliant colt regardless of what trip he runs over. thumbsup

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sun 01 May 2011, 7:15 pm

Timeform have given Frankel a provisional rating of 142 based on yesterdays performance.Thats a massive figure,only Brigadier Gerard,Ribot,Tudor Minstrel and Sea Bird have higher.Given that Sea The Stars won the 2000 with a run somewhere in the high 120s then progressed to a peak in the Irish Champion of 140+ then with just normal progression through the season Frankel could end up as the highest rated horse to race in Europe in the last 70 years.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sun 01 May 2011, 7:31 pm

racingnut wrote: Frankel could end up as the highest rated horse to race in Europe in the last 70 years.

That's amazing!

Thanks for posting all this info for us racingnut.......it's very interesting : )

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sun 01 May 2011, 7:41 pm

To be honest Sol,ive watched racing for the last 30 odd years and ive read about racing going back as far as the early 1900s and Frankels performance,not just the margin but the manner of his victory,is only bettered by Tudor Minstrel in the 1947 2000 Guineas.He did it exactly the same way,blasting out,getting the field "at it" long before halfway then coming home in splendid isolation by 8l(photographic evidence says that it was nearer 11)and if Gordon Richards had ridden him out to the line it would have been 15+ but i firmly believe that if Frankel had got a "tow" into the race,even only to halfway then i reckon his winning margin would have been a new record for the race.I dont get carried away easily,i didnt jump on the Sea the Stars bandwagon like some did but this fella,Frankel,could be the best horse that any of us see in a lifetime.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sun 01 May 2011, 7:50 pm

racingnut wrote:Frankel,could be the best horse that any of us see in a lifetime.

Exciting times for Henry Cecil and his stable staff : )

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sun 01 May 2011, 7:59 pm

Ive just watched it again,truly amazing but i just hope that he recovers from it and that yesterdays race wasnt his "concorde moment",like Denmans destruction of his Gold Cup field(he was never the same again),i hope he can show us something similar again so your not left wondering about it being a one off freak,racing history is littered with plenty of them just pray that he isnt another one of them.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sun 01 May 2011, 8:05 pm

racingnut wrote:Ive just watched it again,truly amazing but i just hope that he recovers from it and that yesterdays race wasnt his "concorde moment",like Denmans destruction of his Gold Cup field(he was never the same again),i hope he can show us something similar again so your not left wondering about it being a one off freak,racing history is littered with plenty of them just pray that he isnt another one of them.

Yes.........as I said earlier.....do you think that was the plan to let him go off like that?

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sun 01 May 2011, 8:17 pm

Tom Queally said after Newbury that he thought Frankel had given away "lengths" by pulling because he resented being restrained and that if he broke smart and wasnt fighting him then he was going to let him bowl along at his own pace.The rest as they say is history.One problem might be actually getting horses entered in the races hes in because lets be honest you cant see anything he beat yesterday improving past him can you? Richard Hannon said he wouldnt be scared of pitching Canford Cliffs in against him but that may have just been bravado.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sun 01 May 2011, 8:25 pm

racingnut wrote:........... lets be honest you cant see anything he beat yesterday improving past him can you?

No racing, I can't........maybe if Canford Cliffs has wings it might be worth a try,

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sun 01 May 2011, 8:33 pm

I suppose its good that Hannon will run Canford Cliffs against him,at least we'll be able ot gauge just how good Frankel is in the whole scheme of things.Even a full on,110% Canford Cliffs surely wouldnt be able to turn over Frankel.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down