The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1000 Guineas

2 posters

Go down

1000 Guineas Empty 1000 Guineas

Post by steveo77 Sun 01 May 2011, 1:23 pm

A wide open classic this one so I am having a couple of small each way bets on 2 of the outsiders - Maqassid and Barefoot Lady.

Maqassid was impressive as a 2 year old, including a win at Royal Ascot, and looked like she has trained on when 3rd to Barefoot Lady on her reappearance this year. The danger I think to these 2 is Hooray who beat Maqassid twice as a 2 year old.

I am basing my 2 selections on the fact that they have already performed well on the fast ground on their reappearances this season - like the first 3 home in the 2000 Guineas yesterday.

I am not as confident about the winner as I was with Frankel yesterday however!

steveo77

Back to top Go down

1000 Guineas Empty Re: 1000 Guineas

Post by racingnut Sun 01 May 2011, 5:39 pm

Nice performance by Blue Bunting as she must surely be better over further so to have the speed to win this then she has to be commended.As a whole entity then i cant say i was taken by the rest of the field,coudnt see any hard luck stories as such and nothing struck me as one to keep on the right side of in the near future.Oh and by the way Memory is a total "cow" and will not be considered by yours truly for any race ever again,once they do that then you just CANT back them.

racingnut

Back to top Go down