The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michelak retained by France - loyalty or madness?

+6
RubyGuby
GLove39
nathan
100%beefy
doctor_grey
nlpnlp
10 posters

Go down

Michelak retained by France - loyalty or madness? Empty Michelak retained by France - loyalty or madness?

Post by nlpnlp Tue 26 Feb 2013, 5:16 pm

I have no wish to stick the knife in Michelak - a very talented individual - but is Philippe St Andre showing extreme loyalty to him in retaining him in the matchday squad of 23 for the Ireland game or typical French coach madness? It would be slightly harsh to say that his performance after he came on at Twickenham was the worst I have ever seen in a 6 Nations (Mauro Bergamasco playing scrumhalf for Italy v England probably takes the biscuit), but it can't be far off. Added to the less than inspirational performances against Italy and Wales, what does he have to do to be dropped?

Is the French 'well' of No 10s really that bare? With over 250 foreign players in the squad of the top 14 teams, are they being punished for their own financial proclivity? It seems strange all the criticism that ROG has been getting from Irish fans, but I am sure a lot of french fans would jump at the opportunity to have Ronan de O'Gara on the bench instead of Monsieur Michelak.

And I though Philippe St Andre would bring some sanity to the french system and start to get the results that the obvious french talent should be getting. Perhaps I was taken in by the 'obvious french talent'.

nlpnlp

Back to top Go down

Michelak retained by France - loyalty or madness? Empty Re: Michelak retained by France - loyalty or madness?

Post by doctor_grey Tue 26 Feb 2013, 6:10 pm

More probably everyone was taken in by his nomination as a finalist for IRB player of the year for 2012. His form for Sharks was terrific. Clearly there is something wrong in the 2013 Six Nations. But, to be fair to Freddy, he had a great 2012.

I think Phillipe Saint-Andre has a number of selection issues to deal with, and he seems to be making a hash out of many of them.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Michelak retained by France - loyalty or madness? Empty Re: Michelak retained by France - loyalty or madness?

Post by 100%beefy Tue 26 Feb 2013, 9:27 pm

This should be a very short one sided thread

Michalak is as bad as ROG. His continued selection aids the opposition. I do not expect him to even bench v Ireland.

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Tue 26 Feb 2013, 9:31 pm

he could be taking the mid week training sessions on what not to do whilst playing for your country, i hear they've drafted in ROG to help out.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Tue 26 Feb 2013, 10:11 pm

Wouldn't it be brilliant if in 2 weeks time both ROG & Mad Free start!?! Laugh

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 26 Feb 2013, 10:13 pm

Ce' Magnifique thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 27 Feb 2013, 10:32 am

doctor_grey wrote:More probably everyone was taken in by his nomination as a finalist for IRB player of the year for 2012. His form for Sharks was terrific. Clearly there is something wrong in the 2013 Six Nations. But, to be fair to Freddy, he had a great 2012.

I think Phillipe Saint-Andre has a number of selection issues to deal with, and he seems to be making a hash out of many of them.

Super 15 rugby clearly isnt at the same standard as the 6N. More pertinently Freddy won three MOTM awards in the AIs but he wasnt fooling me. Yes we have seen him play sublime rugby, v NZ in '09 par example but he has had way too many shockers to be considered a first team international. He is too small and too prone to error.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 27 Feb 2013, 11:35 am

What are PSAs options at 10?

Toulon - First choice Wilkinson, Michalak usually playing 9.
Clermont - Brock James and David Skrela alternate.
Toulouse - McAllister and Beauxis alternate.
Castres - Not sure, Remi Tales?
Montpelier - Trinh-Duc
Racing - Hernandez starts generally

So amongst the top 6 teams Trinh-duc is the only frenchman who is first choice at 10 and anywhere near international class.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 27 Feb 2013, 11:47 am

LondonTiger wrote:What are PSAs options at 10?

Montpelier - Trinh-Duc

So amongst the top 6 teams Trinh-duc is the only frenchman who is first choice at 10 and anywhere near international class.

I would have Trinh Duc first choice with Skrela or Freddy back up.

Really think Trinh Duc is a class player and really dont understand why he keeps getting dropped or getting subbed. Perhaps he doesnt stick to the game plan or something?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Wed 27 Feb 2013, 11:50 am

I'm not a fan of Thinh Duc myself.... and it seems neither Lievremont nor Saint-Andre were either.

He's not a bad player but for me he often fails to show up in the big matches.... a bit like Charlie Hodgson and Stephen Donald got tagged with (although he himself mad it count in the end).

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Wed 27 Feb 2013, 1:00 pm

LondonTiger wrote:What are PSAs options at 10?

Montpelier - Trinh-Duc

Racing - Wisniewski is normally their first 10. although next year it will be sexton...
Castres - Tales indeed or pierre bernard who was good last season

bottom of the top 14 is not really better
Bordeaux Begles - camille lopez - good potential, solid kicking game as well but plays for an average team
Stade Français - Plisson - another good young prospect
Bayonne : Boyet - too old and average
other teams play mainly foreigners : just realised that Grenoble has a young Irish fly half called James Hart!

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down