The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Linares and Perez both retained crowns and both ignored by SKY !!!

+5
wheelchair1991
Happytravelling
hazharrison
Derbymanc
TRUSSMAN66
9 posters

Go down

Linares and Perez both retained crowns and both ignored by SKY !!! Empty Linares and Perez both retained crowns and both ignored by SKY !!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 19 Jul 2015, 5:42 pm

Is this a new policy...To ignore the champion If he has the audacity to retain his crown over here ???

Linares trainer spoke perfect English so it's not a language issue...

Isn't it enough we have Winston Churchill commentating on SKY boxing......Without more bollox like this ??...

Come on get more professional.......SKY boxing is rightfully becoming a laughing stock.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Linares and Perez both retained crowns and both ignored by SKY !!! Empty Re: Linares and Perez both retained crowns and both ignored by SKY !!!

Post by Derbymanc Sun 19 Jul 2015, 7:20 pm

That Perez result was a joke Truss, good news is that the WBA are looking into it and are having it scored again.

Would have been nice to get Perez's view on it though.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=93668

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Linares and Perez both retained crowns and both ignored by SKY !!! Empty Re: Linares and Perez both retained crowns and both ignored by SKY !!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 19 Jul 2015, 7:50 pm

Tomas Molinares was Colombian and he got the WBA belt much more controversially....

Perez is south American and so is the WBA...........They are going through the motions...

I didn't think it was a disgrace Derby.........Contentious for sure......I had Crolla by 2/3..

Ask yourself If you changed the fighters around would Halling really have moaned about it..

Me thinks not.....But I am sorry for Anthony !!....

But he can win a return..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 19 Jul 2015, 8:11 pm

It wouldn't have been a disgrace if it wasn't for the points deductions, as it was it's been a really contentious decision with near enough everbody deriding it. Was at the event so didn't hear the commentary but I can imagine what it was like Smile

I do kind of agree though with what your saying, they should be interviewing both participants in big match ups like that (unless the other guys starched)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 19 Jul 2015, 8:28 pm

But surely If the WBA are investigating this decision....

You not think Foster's 117-112 in the Nurse fight needs investigating ??...

Or is that okay ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 19 Jul 2015, 8:45 pm

I watched the replay and it was a bugger to score. I didn't see a robbery (but then I was aware of the controversy going in).

Sky are becoming almost insufferable - the commentary was disgusting last night right through the card.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 19 Jul 2015, 9:15 pm

Only saw half of it Truss so can't comment on that one, but if there's a big uproar about it then no it's not okay. Bad judging should not be accepted at any point just 'because it happens'

The body involved think it's that bad that they're having another TEN(10) judges scoring it independently to check it and show some transparency.

Bad judging and reffing (The Murray stop was a effin tragedy too although was just glad it was over) should be checked and investigated at every turn, (If it was one regulalry then we wouldn't have to put up with your favourite Foster and the like.

As said, if it wasn't for the points deductions as well I don't think there'd be as much controversy.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun 19 Jul 2015, 9:37 pm

I didn't see the fight, only followed it on 5 live but I've read a few articles since and none have backed the decision. They all day Crolla was unlucky but note there were many close rounds.

Bad show not interviewing the champ though.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 19 Jul 2015, 10:04 pm

I am beginning to hate Sky boxing coverage

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Sun 19 Jul 2015, 10:10 pm

They are working for Hearn.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 19 Jul 2015, 10:39 pm

At least Glen Maccrory for all his faults goes against the Matchroom fighter sometimes. At times last night he was correcting Halling about what was happening!!

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 19 Jul 2015, 10:48 pm

I would much rather McCrory on commentary than Halling, whilst no Paulie M he does at least have a basic understanding of the technical side of things.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 19 Jul 2015, 11:26 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Is this a new policy...To ignore the champion If he has the audacity to retain his crown over here ???

Linares trainer spoke perfect English so it's not a language issue...

Isn't it enough we have Winston Churchill commentating on SKY boxing......Without more bollox like this ??...

Come on get more professional.......SKY boxing is rightfully becoming a laughing stock.

laughing

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 20 Jul 2015, 8:28 am

Very tight but don't know how Crolla didn't get that after the two deductions. And yes Halling a joke. Sounds like he should be hosting a game show or something , look forward to the return of Jim Watt.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down