The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updated Lockdown Card *Contains Spoilers*

+5
mrblue
talkingpoint
Aaronb33
Nakatomi Plaza
TheCultOfPersonality
9 posters

Go down

Updated Lockdown Card *Contains Spoilers* Empty Updated Lockdown Card *Contains Spoilers*

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Fri 01 Mar 2013, 7:05 pm

Jeff Hardy(c) vs Bully Ray - TNA World Heavyweight Championship

Bobby Roode/Austin Aries(c) vs Chavo/Hernandez vs Bad Influence - TNA Tag Team Championship

Velvet Sky(c) vs Gail Kim - TNA Knockouts Championship

Team TNA (Sting, James Storm, Samoa Joe, Magnus and Eric Young) vs Aces N Eights (Devon, Mr.Anderson, DOC, Knox and Garrett Bischoff)

Kurt Angle vs Wes Brisco - Steel Cage Match

The card looks pretty good on paper. Its important that TNA puts an extremely solid card out for every PPV now that TNA have restricted themselves to only 4 PPV's a year.

I do like the idea that Eric Young has been chosen to represent team TNA. It makes sense as he was attacked in the past. It also looks like he has diched the goofy, brain damaged character and reverted back to, "Showtime" Eric Young. Unfortunately, I see a heel turn for Eric thus turning on the Team TNA to join Aces N Eights.

This weeks Impact also featured the exposure of the VP only to the attention of Kurt Angle in which he reacted by saying "Holy S$#!" and "Why would you do that?" Anyway, who do you all think it is? Im looking along the lines of Joseph Park or sadly, D'lo Brown who they have hinted at in the past.

Thoughts?

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Updated Lockdown Card *Contains Spoilers* Empty Re: Updated Lockdown Card *Contains Spoilers*

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Fri 01 Mar 2013, 8:31 pm

I'm not as enthusatic about the card as you. Don't get me wrong, on paper the World and tag titles matches look pretty solid, but the rest of the card doesn't particularly interest me.

After watching Impact, I suspect that RVD will get a rematch win Kenny King, and the two Robbies will face off. Again, neither of these matches look good to me.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Updated Lockdown Card *Contains Spoilers* Empty Re: Updated Lockdown Card *Contains Spoilers*

Post by Aaronb33 Sat 02 Mar 2013, 6:00 am

Hardy vs Bubba could be a great match if Bubba works stiff (like he usually does in the big matches) and Jeff takes an ass kicking with a few hope spots and a big comeback thrown in there to keep the crowd on their toes.

The tag match: Aries and Roode in the ring with Kazaniels is always going to be pretty special. Chavo and Hernandez don't really add much for me, but there could be a few strength spots from SuperMex and probably a bit of technical stuff from Chavo. Should be another good match.

VelVel vs Gail could be a belter if they let it go 15-20 mins or so. Velvet is miles ahead of where she was a few years back in terms of ability, and she's in there with one of the best lady wrestlers of all time, in my opinion at least. (Quick side note: Has anyone seen Gail Kim's husband? The dude's huge!)

TNA vs A&8s has all the ingredients to be great, I'm just hoping they can live up to the potential. Team TNA is made up of 5 very capable guys, in my eyes 5 of the very best TNA have, and the only possible weak link on A&8s is Garrett, but he's nowhere near as bad as people make out anyway.

Angle vs Brisco...well, it's Kurt Angle against a Brisco. 'Nuff said there really. Should be some very interesting mat based stuff in that one.

I'm really looking forward to it tbh.

At this point, I've given up making predictions. I find I enjoy the product more if I don't go into it with any expectations.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 02 Mar 2013, 10:24 am

world title match, tag title match and lethal lockdown match all excit me. A very strong card. I will mark out if Bully wins heel or face.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by mrblue Sat 02 Mar 2013, 2:38 pm

My prediction is that the VP is Joesph Park or Bully Ray. I think Bully will beat Jeff after the Aces and 8s help him and Bully was apart of it all along. I think the Aces will lose to team TNA before hand though.

I would love for the VP to be Jarrett and for him to make a return at Lockdown, it makes sense as he was "fired" after losing to Hardy in that cage match, he could return to get his company back from Carter/Hogan and revenge Hardy. As i said, i feel the VP will be Bully or Parks though.

mrblue

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 02 Mar 2013, 3:03 pm

I predict Aces & 8s will win the Lethal Lockdown giving them some momentum going into Slammiversary. TNA obviously believe in the Aces & 8s faction and storyline so I don't see Lockdown being the beginning of the end to this particular angle. I can see a Bully Ray heel turn and title win to really make Aces & 8s look like a threat to the very heart of TNA holding the world title. It will also put Hardy back into the chasing/underdog role that he suits best.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by paulscholes Mon 04 Mar 2013, 2:29 pm

I thought after RVD lost his Title he would join TNA
Shame blue print turned TNA down could of been the differance maker. If you rank the TNA vs A&E it be somthing like this

1 Storm
2 Joe
3 Sting
4 Anderson
5 Devon
6 D.O.C
7 Knox
8 EY
9 Magnus
10 Bishoff

Like to see TNA win but I think Aces and Eights will
Hardy, Roode / Aries and Sky to retain
Angle to walk his match
Robbie T to win (If his does face Robbie E)

paulscholes

Back to top Go down

Post by Y2James Mon 04 Mar 2013, 8:06 pm

Couldnt be Bully Ray. Wasnt he still in the ring when Angle was fighting A&8's

Y2James

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 04 Mar 2013, 9:47 pm

anyone notice Magnus came out wearing new merch with new titantron graphics? A sign maybe that he's going to receive a push? I hope so, I've really grown to like Magnus and think he has real talent. He's very influenced by the Rock imo, I think a lot of his movement and the way he works a match is Rock-like.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 04 Mar 2013, 9:53 pm

I still havent seen the end of this weeks Impact but I did notice that as well.

I also think that finally that Aces and 8s are over. From really disliking them before the UK tour, I have come to really like them.

Still reckon they have the best entrance in wrestling today. Love the music and love the way that they all walk from their clubhouse and followed by the steadycam.

Devon has been excellent in his role (who would have thought it). The only one who doesnt look the part is Anderson and Garrett. The rest look like genuine bad asses.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 04 Mar 2013, 9:59 pm

Garrett Bischoff doesn't look the part in a wrestling ring full stop!

Anderson is only in the group because there is nothing for him to do as he can't build a character and keep it relevant.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 04 Mar 2013, 10:06 pm

I have only enjoyed Anderson on two occasions:

1. when he debuted in WWE
2. When he was feuding with Sting in TNA and did his Surfer Sting impression

I think he could be a star but has lost complete direction which is not entirely his fault.

If they can turn Bubba and Devon into top faces and heels, then surely they can do something with Anderson.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 04 Mar 2013, 10:12 pm

Anderson doesn't seen to invest any time or effort into his character though, I can't remember the last time I heard him on the mic and thought that he cared about what he was doing.

I get your point about Devon and Bully, however I'd argue that Devon has never really got over and Bully has always been good enough, but for one reason or another wasn't in shape.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 04 Mar 2013, 10:16 pm

Not sure whether he is over but you must admit that his current role in Aces & 8s is the best/ most interesting he has ever been. Its also gone precisely 93.4% better than anyone would have thought it was going to after his reveal!

I know that I am a TNA sympathiser but I think the general direction they are going in is fine at the moment. With only 4PPVs a year, hopefully they will make some big storyline advancements at Lockdown.

My prediction will be Bully being the brains behind Aces and 8s, DLo being this weeks revealee and Hardy dropping the title.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 04 Mar 2013, 10:24 pm

The VP looked a bit big for Dlo, only other person I can think of would be Park but that would probably be even worse.

I do think TNA run the risk of losing momentum between ppvs, but a decrease is definitely a good idea.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 04 Mar 2013, 10:28 pm

Enforcer wrote:The VP looked a bit big for Dlo, only other person I can think of would be Park but that would probably be even worse.

I do think TNA run the risk of losing momentum between ppvs, but a decrease is definitely a good idea.

Its Vader time!

Or perhaps Viscera!

Nah, its D'lo!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down