The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Groves Signs With Matchroom Sport/Hearns

+3
ONETWOFOREVER
TRUSSMAN66
sweet_pea
7 posters

Go down

George Groves Signs With Matchroom Sport/Hearns Empty George Groves Signs With Matchroom Sport/Hearns

Post by sweet_pea Sat 02 Mar 2013, 6:14 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/groves-jumping-matchroom-parts-from-frank-warren--62944

cant copy paste the text but along the lines of groves having an option of terminating his contract with warren should FW fail to pay him upfront for any fights.

groves should be on next sat bill that barker headlines and also undercard of froch-kessler.
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

George Groves Signs With Matchroom Sport/Hearns Empty Re: George Groves Signs With Matchroom Sport/Hearns

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 02 Mar 2013, 7:08 pm

Beginning of the end I fear for frank..........It's a problem when you have a network... that the more you pay the fighters the less money goes into Boxnation....Conflict of interest.

His fighters can't be getting much money and they aren't getting the exposure......double whammy..

Because fight fans like me won't subscribe out of principle and the fact I hardly ever get to watch the TV in the lounge without booking about 6 months earlier...so there wouldn't be any point me having it anyway!!

Hearn should put it on the grapevine he's paying twice as much to his fighters than he is and push the viewing figures up more than they are...and finish the guy off..........

I'll give Boxnation another year...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

George Groves Signs With Matchroom Sport/Hearns Empty Re: George Groves Signs With Matchroom Sport/Hearns

Post by sweet_pea Sat 02 Mar 2013, 7:11 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Beginning of the end I fear for frank..........It's a problem when you have a network... that the more you pay the fighters the less money goes into Boxnation....Conflict of interest.

His fighters can't be getting much money and they aren't getting the exposure......double whammy..

Because fight fans like me won't subscribe out of principle and the fact I hardly ever get to watch the TV in the lounge without booking about 6 months earlier...so there wouldn't be any point me having it anyway!!

Hearn should put it on the grapevine he's paying twice as much to his fighters than he is and push the viewing figures up more than they are...and finish the guy off..........

I'll give Boxnation another year...........

pains me to say, i agree with you truss! matter of time before warrens stable look closer at all the moves their (ex)stable mates have made
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 02 Mar 2013, 7:19 pm

George Groves is a real honorable guy aint he?

He is bed hopping every promoter in UK how long before he signs with Golden boy.

Anyway Groves v Degale 2 should get done.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 02 Mar 2013, 7:24 pm

What's honour got to do with it? Matchroom are going to get him more exposure and then a world title shot.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 02 Mar 2013, 7:25 pm

Let me tell you something..Boxing is a hard business and he takes the punches not Warren!!..You think If anything happened to him and he wasn't an asset anymore he wouldn't get dropped????????

Get what your worth in this life.............If you can.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 02 Mar 2013, 7:27 pm

Yeah get what you can and discard any crazy ideas of honor and dignity, what a role model for the youth.

This makes Groves look just as money grabbing as the promotors he is bouncing on.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 02 Mar 2013, 7:31 pm

He moved to Warren when Hayemaker basically folded though so not like he had much of a choice there. If Warren isn't paying him as the story hints at then he has every right to move.

Groves won't be a role model for youth because boxing isn't a big enough sport and being on boxnation means not as many people will see him. Hardly on the same level as Rooney or Giggs off field antics is it?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 02 Mar 2013, 7:33 pm

So If lesser fighters are getting twice what you are........You stay loyal!!

No you get paid what you are worth or you move on!!

Boxing is a HARD BUSINESS.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Sat 02 Mar 2013, 7:39 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Yeah get what you can and discard any crazy ideas of honor and dignity, what a role model for the youth.

This makes Groves look just as money grabbing as the promotors he is bouncing on.

look at it this way- if you want to achieve your dreams, go make it happen instead of sitting around being "loyal" to those who'd drop u in a matter of seconds if you didnt make them $$$
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat 02 Mar 2013, 7:49 pm

Got to agree you do what you can for number one. Short, dangerous career so you might as well get as much money and help you can. As for being a role model I think when when the best boxer in the world has been jailed lately, Groves shouldn't have to worry about his dignity being questioned because he takes another step in his career. It's a bit like the diving in football or holdouts in NFL argument, you might not like it but you'd do it if you were in their shoes

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 02 Mar 2013, 7:56 pm

Groves has talent but lacks personality. Can't expect promoters to work miricles can you. Its the same reason Hennesy had problems with Froch because he came across as interesting as a corpse. Matchroom snr had no such problems with Eubanks which ended up a very good working relationship.

Boxers need to do more if they expect hard working people to pay to watch them fight. Its an individual sport they must go that bit extra to secure fights. Naz knew it so did Bruno I don't see Groves doing anything. After he fights he vanishes no one cares.

Groves will go to Matchroom and they will do good things like they have done for Froch. I know more about Froch now then I did when he was with Hennesy, but he is still as cardboard as ever.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 02 Mar 2013, 8:20 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Yeah get what you can and discard any crazy ideas of honor and dignity, what a role model for the youth.

Twit

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 02 Mar 2013, 8:24 pm

Who woke you up?

Go back to sleep silly one.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 02 Mar 2013, 9:32 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Who woke you up?

Go back to sleep silly one.

What's wrong with a boxer being money grabbing. They're pros and fight for money. They risk their lives every time they step into the ring. AFAIC they don't get paid enough. My goodness you r a silly boy.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 03 Mar 2013, 2:45 pm

Apparently Burns hasn't signed to fight on Saturday. The whole thing could be cancelled. Could be the death knell for BN.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 03 Mar 2013, 3:24 pm

azania wrote:Apparently Burns hasn't signed to fight on Saturday. The whole thing could be cancelled. Could be the death knell for BN.

Source?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 03 Mar 2013, 3:45 pm

Yahoo sports. Sorry but I can't send links using my phone.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 03 Mar 2013, 3:59 pm

Could certainly be the end for BN if true.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Sun 03 Mar 2013, 4:10 pm

badlefthook also.

vazquez isnt happy with the money or something so he isnt signing just yet and the whole card may be scrapped.

oh dear frank warren is struggling Very Happy (that smile isnt big enough)
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by KP4959 Sun 03 Mar 2013, 5:04 pm

Interesting to see that Adam Booth has said this move is only for the short term ie fight with Froch. Also didn't want to fight for EBU title, wouldn't surprise me with what I have heard if he has a few fights with Matchroom then goes back to Warren judging by Booth's comments.

KP4959

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down