The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eubank jr signs with Matchroom

+11
Herman Jaeger
TRUSSMAN66
TopHat24/7
milkyboy
BallchinianMuffwig
catchweight
Hammersmith harrier
Pound-for-Pound
Steffan
mobilemaster8
wheelchair1991
15 posters

Go down

Eubank jr signs with Matchroom Empty Eubank jr signs with Matchroom

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri 25 Sep 2015, 8:45 pm

And he now has adam booth as his trainer he will fight on the brook card Oct 24th

Reactions?

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Eubank jr signs with Matchroom Empty Re: Eubank jr signs with Matchroom

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 25 Sep 2015, 9:21 pm

This Eddie hearn now trying to justify Brook as ppv?? Watch this space

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 25 Sep 2015, 10:36 pm

What with Brook and Eubanks Jnr being up and coming prospects Eddie will market this as 'The Great British Future' or some title like that and want £15 for it

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound-for-Pound Fri 25 Sep 2015, 11:53 pm

If Booth teaches Jr how to get get full extension on his jab and to use his straight punches more then he could be a real force.

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 26 Sep 2015, 5:11 pm

Steffan wrote:What with Brook and Eubanks Jnr being up and coming prospects Eddie will market this as 'The Great British Future' or some title like that and want £15 for it

Its £17 these days

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:20 pm

Good to see Eubank Istanbul delusional in his old age stating his son could destroy GGG if they met.....

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:26 pm

His comments have done their job MM8, he's got you talking about his son and he's only fought once in the past year.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 26 Sep 2015, 11:17 pm

This is very true Hammer although I'd now actually like to see it happen because I can't stop imagining how GGG crushes him within 4 rounds of pain.

Looking forward to Canelo vs Cotto on a side note.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 27 Sep 2015, 12:56 am

Eubank Sr is no good for Eubanks Jr career.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Sun 27 Sep 2015, 2:39 am

yeah senior still craves the camera a bit too much.

In all honesty I think Jr was exposed against Saunders a bit anyway as someone who while strong, athletic and full of resolve has limited boxing ability - think he'll be found out against skilled opposition. Still no idea how his chin is yet though.

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 27 Sep 2015, 5:29 am

His dad will always hinder Eubank jr's progress. Hopefully booth can sort him out though as i imagine booth with be managing Jr as he does most fighters he trains. So hopefully Sr will be less of an issue.

On a side no i see Eubank Sr now wants to be called 'english' so that the public in his words "are not confused between me and my son"

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 27 Sep 2015, 9:21 am

i worry for junior without senior's guidance. Sorry, english's guidance (much clearer). Who else will offer critical advice about sitting position on the stool between rounds?

Booth may be able to get Eubank to fight long or short.. But without Ronnie Davies, who will be telling junior to 'get out there and beat the Smeg out of him'?

Poor move from junior.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 27 Sep 2015, 9:33 am

milkyboy wrote:i worry for junior without senior's guidance. Sorry, english's guidance (much clearer). Who else will offer critical advice about sitting position on the stool between rounds?

Booth may be able to get Eubank to fight long or short.. But without Ronnie Davies, who will be telling junior to 'get out there and beat the Smeg out of him'?

Poor move from junior.

Its ok Milky because his dad says he will take over from Floyd as p4p number one and beat GGG so Jr will have no problem....

I do wonder if Eubank Sr....sorry English....believes what he says

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound-for-Pound Sun 27 Sep 2015, 12:56 pm

Eubank was eating Saunders' jabs for about 6 rounds until Saunders tired. He never showed the ability to avoid it or counter it. I would worry about the damage he would receive from GGG's power jabs.

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 28 Sep 2015, 9:32 am

BallchinianMuffwig wrote:yeah senior still craves the camera a bit too much.

In all honesty I think Jr was exposed against Saunders a bit anyway as someone who while strong, athletic and full of resolve has limited boxing ability - think he'll be found out against skilled opposition. Still no idea how his chin is yet though.

He was rushed to turn pro and start making () money.

BJS amateur career and pedigree was what split them, demonstrable gulf in class/ability.

Last edited by TopHat24/7 on Mon 28 Sep 2015, 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Placate the tosser)

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Sep 2015, 9:59 am

That's a pretty cheap post and libellous.

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 28 Sep 2015, 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 28 Sep 2015, 10:07 am

A fight I'd love to see down the line is Eubank Jr against recently-crowned James DeGale.

I've got Chris destroying DeGale but could James pick Eubank apart to win a clear and decisive ud? That is the question. Has he got the game to beat the boxers!

At middleweight , and it looks like they could be on a collision course, the fight I'd like to see is Eubank against Kazakh sensation Gennady Golovkin. They won't have to go looking for each other and it looks on paper to have all the ingredients to be a fight of the the year contender. I can't think of a more exciting contest in the middleweight division at present. Now some people might think I'm being a touch premature but so be it!

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 28 Sep 2015, 10:17 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:That's a pretty cheap post and libellous.

Explain??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Sep 2015, 10:20 am

You've said he was rushed to turn pro to start making his Dad money.....You can't prove that..

You can prove he was rushed and you can't prove his dad exploited him....

Cheap.....very cheap...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 28 Sep 2015, 10:32 am

Anyone that doesn't come straight at junior will give him problems. He's missed out on the endless drills kids do in order to learn footwork. As a result he's a plodder, with right trainer he should be able to learn how to cut off the ring effectively. Booth should be good for him.
booth still has Andy lee too, right?

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Sep 2015, 10:33 am

Junior has to want to learn.....

The way he was talking to his coach in the BJS fight makes one wonder If it is an impossible job..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 28 Sep 2015, 10:35 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You've said he was rushed to turn pro to start making his Dad money.....You can't prove that..

You can prove he was rushed and you can't prove his dad exploited him....

Cheap.....very cheap...

He was definitely rushed. No question about that.

I look forward to reading all your posts for 100% objectivity and nothing suggestive or libellous in the future..... Rolling Eyes

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Sep 2015, 10:37 am

Steffan wrote:What with Brook and Eubanks Jnr being up and coming prospects Eddie will market this as 'The Great British Future' or some title like that and want £15 for it

Can't see Brook and Eubanks jr selling a PPV card..........

Probably chuck the usual suspects on......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 28 Sep 2015, 10:51 am

Herman Jaeger wrote:A fight I'd love to see down the line is Eubank Jr against recently-crowned James DeGale.

I've got Chris destroying DeGale but could James pick Eubank apart to win a clear and decisive ud? That is the question. Has he got the game to beat the boxers!

At middleweight , and it looks like they could be on a collision course, the fight I'd like to see is Eubank against Kazakh sensation Gennady Golovkin. They won't have to go looking for each other and it looks on paper to have all the ingredients to be a fight of the the year contender. I can't think of a more exciting contest in the middleweight division at present.  Now some people might think I'm being a touch premature but so be it!

i think you've just shot your load before getting your pants down hermy!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Mon 28 Sep 2015, 1:22 pm

Am I alone in thinking Eubank Sr has been incredibly good for his career.

His dad got him good training when he was younger, got him on channel 5 where he got some exposure, has now got him with a highly rated trainer.

He is talked about above as having a good chance at a world strap against DeGale.

I feel that his love of the camera is a way of taking pressure off his son.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 28 Sep 2015, 1:50 pm

Well it certainly got him a level of exposure his ring exploits wouldn't have done on their own. Whether that means he was managed as well as he could have been is another debate.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 28 Sep 2015, 4:44 pm

huw wrote:Am I alone in thinking Eubank Sr has been incredibly good for his career.........I feel that his love of the camera is a way of taking pressure off his son.

Thats my thinking aswell. English is not stupid and has been around the game long enough.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 28 Sep 2015, 7:29 pm

Taking pressure off his son? He already basically declared him one of the best boxers in history and capable of beating anyone around in the division. Hes a genuine eccentric who will only his sons head with nonsense and his corner advice borderline comedy. He might be good for some free publicity but I think he will be a disaster for his sons career. God knows what kind of financial advice he is giving either.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon 28 Sep 2015, 7:54 pm

catchweight wrote:Taking pressure off his son? He already basically declared him one of the best boxers in history and capable of beating anyone around in the division. Hes a genuine eccentric who will only his sons head with nonsense and his corner advice borderline comedy. He might be good for some free publicity but I think he will be a disaster for his sons career. God knows what kind of financial advice he is giving either.

Totally agree

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 28 Sep 2015, 9:12 pm

catchweight wrote:Taking pressure off his son? He already basically declared him one of the best boxers in history and capable of beating anyone around in the division. Hes a genuine eccentric who will only his sons head with nonsense and his corner advice borderline comedy. He might be good for some free publicity but I think he will be a disaster for his sons career. God knows what kind of financial advice he is giving either.

"Invetht in thome fine jodhpurth chwithtopher and the betht hummer money can buy"

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 28 Sep 2015, 10:05 pm

Well your talking more about his dad's antics then Jr himself......think abar it.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 28 Sep 2015, 10:14 pm

And they said Youth Hosteling with Chris Eubank was a stupid idea.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 28 Sep 2015, 10:17 pm

How does that take pressure off Eubank Jr? There has been very little Sr has said about his son that has not increased expectations on him.

My son is better than I was, my son would beat Golovkin, My son is the next Leonard. Over to you son, no pressure!.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 28 Sep 2015, 10:24 pm

catchweight wrote:How does that take pressure off Eubank Jr? There has been very little Sr has said about his son that has not increased expectations on him.

My son is better than I was, my son would beat Golovkin, My son is the next Leonard. Over to you son, no pressure!.

Just words coming from his dad's mouth. No one is holding them against Chris Jr. They haven't raised my expectations.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 29 Sep 2015, 1:07 pm

catchweight wrote:How does that take pressure off Eubank Jr? There has been very little Sr has said about his son that has not increased expectations on him.

Everyone talks about what crazy things Eubank Sr has said and it almost takes away from what Jr is doing. Nobody is going to hear Sr and blame Jr for not matching up to the words his dad says about him.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Sep 2015, 1:20 pm

huw wrote:

Everyone talks about what crazy things Eubank Sr has said and it almost takes away from what Jr is doing. Nobody is going to hear Sr and blame Jr for not matching up to the words his dad says about him.
Agreed...his dad is a f*cking genius...and his teeth are amazing. He was on 8 out 10 Cats does Countdown the other day and his teeth made Jimmy Carr look like a snaggle toothed old crone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 29 Sep 2015, 1:27 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
huw wrote:

Agreed...his dad is a f*cking genius...and his teeth are amazing. He was on 8 out 10 Cats does Countdown the other day and his teeth made Jimmy Carr look like a snaggle toothed old crone.
That wasnt Eubank, it was Greg David. Easy mistake to make.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Sep 2015, 1:30 pm

Adam D wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
huw wrote:

That wasnt Eubank, it was Greg David. Easy mistake to make.
Greg Davies or Craig David?

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 29 Sep 2015, 1:37 pm

Oh balls. My joke was completely michaelsed up with that typo.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 06 Oct 2015, 5:36 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/chris-eubank-jr-spike-osullivan-eyed-dec-12--96624

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content