The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fognini Effect - Part II

+7
invisiblecoolers
bogbrush
Cogen
ryan86
Henman Bill
laverfan
lydian
11 posters

Go down

Fognini Effect - Part II Empty Fognini Effect - Part II

Post by invisiblecoolers Thu 07 Mar 2013, 3:43 am

We all know why an Unbeaten Djoko till then on 2011 finally got beaten in FO after a 40 match streak, THE FOGNINI EFFECT, a theorem put forward brilliantly by Socal explaining the scientific reason behind Djoko's loss.

Now in 2013 Djoko is riding an unbeaten 13-0 with 2 titles [if I am correct] and look who Djoko's next opponent in Indian Wells? Mr. foul play Fognini, if Djoko's impressive unbeaten streak come to an end in Indian Wells then we can blame the ATP, Indian Wells for draw rigging theory to stop the Nole streak.

Anyways who believes Djoko's another impressive run will to come to an end by the Fognini effect this year? Very Happy

Fognini take a bow notworthy

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Fognini Effect - Part II Empty Re: Fognini Effect - Part II

Post by socal1976 Thu 07 Mar 2013, 5:47 am

As I said IC, this may be the most anticipated second round matchup in the history of the master's series. I actually don't hold any bad feelings towards Foggy, at one time I was pretty angry at him as I feel to this day he cost Djokovic the all time consecutive win record and may have impacted the ascension of Novak to Laverovic status. However since his injury was legitimate enough for him to miss the next couple of weeks of play I have come to a peaceful resolution of my self inflicted wounds. But a part of me wants to see Foggy get his anoos (coprywrite Sascha Baron cohen in the bruno movie) opened wide by Djokovic's groundstrokes. However he is a very dangerous opponent, and actually a pretty enjoyable player. I forsee a very difficult opening round match with Djoko coming away the winner in 2 tough sets, thus spoke Nostrakfreakingdamus and you can take it to the bank. I really shouldn't get drunk on wednesday night but oh well there you have it.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Thu 07 Mar 2013, 7:48 am

socal1976 wrote: Laverovic.
Was he a Croatian player? Wink
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 07 Mar 2013, 8:03 am

I don't get into nationalism lydian, croatian, serbian, swiss, or scottish I look at all tennis players as brothers in arms. How else do you explain an Iranian born American, whose favorite player of all time is a serbian. By the way I lived right off of Bosnia-Herzogovina street in tehran, a very posh neighborhood actually kind of like the chelsea or kensington of tehran.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Thu 07 Mar 2013, 8:27 am

Oh dear...
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri 08 Mar 2013, 2:04 am

socal1976 wrote:As I said IC, this may be the most anticipated second round matchup in the history of the master's series. I actually don't hold any bad feelings towards Foggy, at one time I was pretty angry at him as I feel to this day he cost Djokovic the all time consecutive win record and may have impacted the ascension of Novak to Laverovic status. However since his injury was legitimate enough for him to miss the next couple of weeks of play I have come to a peaceful resolution of my self inflicted wounds. But a part of me wants to see Foggy get his anoos (coprywrite Sascha Baron cohen in the bruno movie) opened wide by Djokovic's groundstrokes. However he is a very dangerous opponent, and actually a pretty enjoyable player. I forsee a very difficult opening round match with Djoko coming away the winner in 2 tough sets, thus spoke Nostrakfreakingdamus and you can take it to the bank. I really shouldn't get drunk on wednesday night but oh well there you have it.

Just teasing you a bit Socal, good you take things very casual and easy kiss thumbsup , actually Fog played very well against Ferrer in the 3 set battle, well I am pretty sure Fog will go down to Nole, but I won't be surprised if he somehow steal a set, but most likely the score card may be 6-1, 7-6 to Djoko.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri 08 Mar 2013, 1:42 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:pretty sure Fog will go down to Nole, but I won't be surprised if he somehow steal a set, but most likely the score card may be 6-1, 7-6 to Djoko.

That will at least remove the scar-tissues on both Djokovic and SoCal. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri 08 Mar 2013, 4:29 pm

laverfan wrote:
invisiblecoolers wrote:pretty sure Fog will go down to Nole, but I won't be surprised if he somehow steal a set, but most likely the score card may be 6-1, 7-6 to Djoko.

Yo, but whats gonna happen is Djoko will win the contest but will lose the streak in this tournament and hence lose his unbeaten streak for the year proving the Fog effect

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 08 Mar 2013, 8:53 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:
laverfan wrote:

Yo, but whats gonna happen is Djoko will win the contest but will lose the streak in this tournament and hence lose his unbeaten streak for the year proving the Fog effect

No foggy can only damage Djoko by not playing when he is supposed to, if foggy scratches Djokovic is doomed. He may go into a tailspin of epic proportions and lose the number 1 ranking.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Fri 08 Mar 2013, 9:22 pm

I can see Fognini winning the next three FOs. We will then look back and realise what a lucky escape Djokovic had that one year.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 08 Mar 2013, 9:39 pm

Very optimistic HB but I think Djoko could have managed a victory over a one legged foggy to win his 42 match in a row, I think the chances would have been pretty high.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan86 Sat 09 Mar 2013, 9:59 pm

Henman Bill wrote:I can see Fognini winning the next three FOs. We will then look back and realise what a lucky escape Djokovic had that one year.

And we'll look back and think there must have been something in the water that fortnight to produce 3 great tennis players!

ryan86

Back to top Go down

Post by Cogen Mon 11 Mar 2013, 2:18 am

Fognini has taken the second set 7-5! Is it gonna happen? Laugh

Cogen

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 11 Mar 2013, 3:05 am

FF can play great 1 set and specially he plays 2nd set well and wins it only to lose 3rd tamely like 6-2, 6-1 etc,. this was exact replay of Ferrer vs FF a few weeks back.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon 11 Mar 2013, 10:43 am

If FF had broken in the first game of the third set, which he tried as best as he could, it could have been a different match.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 11 Mar 2013, 10:53 am

socal1976 wrote:As I said IC, this may be the most anticipated second round matchup in the history of the master's series. I actually don't hold any bad feelings towards Foggy, at one time I was pretty angry at him as I feel to this day he cost Djokovic the all time consecutive win record and may have impacted the ascension of Novak to Laverovic status. However since his injury was legitimate enough for him to miss the next couple of weeks of play I have come to a peaceful resolution of my self inflicted wounds. But a part of me wants to see Foggy get his anoos (coprywrite Sascha Baron cohen in the bruno movie) opened wide by Djokovic's groundstrokes. However he is a very dangerous opponent, and actually a pretty enjoyable player. I forsee a very difficult opening round match with Djoko coming away the winner in 2 tough sets, thus spoke Nostrakfreakingdamus and you can take it to the bank. I really shouldn't get drunk on wednesday night but oh well there you have it.
Pretty angry is an understatement.

You called him a "dirtbag" and repeatedly called for suspension if he played again soon. One might even suggest you were bordeline "postal".

PS You really shouldn't ever get drunk, it's very bad for anyone.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 11 Mar 2013, 3:49 pm

Did I call him a dirtbag, don't recall that it is possible. I certainly did go postal though I can agree to that.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 11 Mar 2013, 4:01 pm

socal1976 wrote:Did I call him a dirtbag, don't recall that it is possible. I certainly did go postal though I can agree to that.
Yeah, that was one of the nicer things you said about him.

It was an emotional time. Wink
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Mar 2013, 4:04 pm

I couldn't find the infamous 'Dirtbag' quote. Might have been edited, but I re-visited the Fognini thread and found this:

Re: Fogninniiiiiiiii!
by socal1976 on Sun 27 May 2012, 4:20 am

The sheer genius of my posts, it is frankly breathtaking

Made me chuckle Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 11 Mar 2013, 4:05 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:I couldn't find the infamous 'Dirtbag' quote. Might have been edited, but I re-visited the Fognini thread and found this:

Made me chuckle Wink
I have to say I agree, that post took my breath away.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 11 Mar 2013, 4:09 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:I couldn't find the infamous 'Dirtbag' quote. Might have been edited, but I re-visited the Fognini thread and found this:

Made me chuckle Wink

I agree too, sometimes the sheer genius of his posts are breath taking.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 11 Mar 2013, 4:52 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:

Made me chuckle Wink

We are all in agreement then not only am I a genius but a breathtaking one at that, and who says that I don't handle constructive criticism?

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 11 Mar 2013, 4:56 pm

socal1976 wrote:
invisiblecoolers wrote:

Made me chuckle Wink

We are all in agreement then not only am I a genius but a breathtaking one at that, and who says that I don't handle constructive criticism?

I won't argue with any of that. But you'll never be quite as witty as I am. Try not to take it too badly.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Mon 11 Mar 2013, 6:39 pm

Is v2 big enough to contain so many ego's?

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 11 Mar 2013, 6:42 pm

Luvsports I am just agreeing with my astute fellow posters on the genius of my work, why this is the height of modesty on my part. You are free to disagree but then you would be in the minority and violating Socal's maxim, a proven law of the tennis world.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon 11 Mar 2013, 6:54 pm

JHM, apparently socal says you're full of wit Wink
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 11 Mar 2013, 7:02 pm

lydian wrote:JHM, apparently socal says you're full of wit Wink

Shoe is me Smile

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 11 Mar 2013, 7:11 pm

I was thinking of a word that rhymes with wit to describe what Julius is filled with

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Mon 11 Mar 2013, 8:50 pm

Well, I cannot believe it.

After just about winning the first set (frankly speaking due to nothing more than a couple of dodgy calls in his favour and one or two key points here and there), Djoko was throughly outplayed in the second. A tight 3rd set and Djokovic just about squeezed through. Very little between these two players.

Surely at the FO it would have been just as tight as this, with Djokovic having to play a very tortuous match that he would have been lucky to escape from.

Of course, with Fognini on his natural clay that day, unlike Djokovic on his "home" hard today, that would have made it advantage Fognini.

The only other difference from Indian Wells was that at the FO Fognini had had a lot of practice honing his shots in the previous round, a long match that gave him the opportunity to get lots of practice in. If anything that would have given Fognini the edge at the FO. Once again this confirms what a lucky escape Djokovic had at the FO that time.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 11 Mar 2013, 9:42 pm

Yes, henman bill, a very lucky escape from the hands of a one legged foggnini riding a 41 match win streak. I know you are trying to be comedic and wind me up a bit but I doubt the winner of 3 clay court masters would be terrorized by playing a one legged or fit foggy in the quarters over 5 sets. Fabio is a good player and a bit unorthodox because of how up and down he is. I actually don't think Djoko will win this tournament as I think he is due for a loss.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 11 Mar 2013, 10:12 pm

I particularly like your description of third set as a tight set, I didn't know 6-2 is considered a tight set these days HB, very funny work indeed. I see you have been taking notes on goading opposing fans, but it will take more subtlety to get me worked up these days.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 11 Mar 2013, 10:14 pm

socal1976 wrote:I see you have been taking notes on goading opposing fans, but it will take more subtlety to get me worked up these days.

Do you have proof of anti-Djoko draw-rigging? Run

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Mon 11 Mar 2013, 10:14 pm

Lol, Bill says that Novak "just about" won the first set because of "a couple of dodgy calls". It was 6-0 and he lost 7 points. I think Bill may have his tongue slightly in cheek!

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 11 Mar 2013, 10:17 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
socal1976 wrote:I see you have been taking notes on goading opposing fans, but it will take more subtlety to get me worked up these days.

Do you have proof of anti-Djoko draw-rigging? Run

The statistical oddities have been evened out now that Djoko is the standard bearer at least that is my instinct at this rate. Goes back to preserving ratings I assume.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 11 Mar 2013, 10:21 pm

Born Slippy wrote:Lol, Bill says that Novak "just about" won the first set because of "a couple of dodgy calls". It was 6-0 and he lost 7 points. I think Bill may have his tongue slightly in cheek!

OH i think you are right but I do like his analysis of a first set that he lost because of some dodgy calls and a tight 6-2 third set. HB is just nostalgic for the fire and brimstone days of yore, I get it, sometimes I get tired of playing nice and can not resist a goosing of the the fed fans as well. Turn about is fair play.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Tue 12 Mar 2013, 1:20 pm

Just joking of course. The way I see it if you make a "windup" really obvious it is not actually a windup but just a fun joke, or a homage to wumming maybe.

Bit of a grey area, but true wumming of actual trying to trick people I have no time for, and I think it's a bad thing to do, at least for the most part.

Of course, the reality is that had Fognini made it the court at the FO, it would likely have been a routine 3 setter for Djoko.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 12 Mar 2013, 4:34 pm

All in good fun HB, I agree.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down