The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replace fognini?

4 posters

Go down

Replace fognini? Empty Replace fognini?

Post by TennisAddict Tue 31 May 2011, 9:28 pm

I have a question regarding the withdrawal of Fognini. Why was there no lucky loser to replace him, it seems unfair that Djokovic gets a free round. Clearly the rules state that lucky losers replace all walkovers??? He should have been replaced by Berdych, the highest ranked player out. I feel the tournament director has screwed up big time here, or maybe he got orders from ATP aka TIRIAC_DJOKER_FAN. Something is messi here, I have mailed the ATP so far I havn't got an answer, they are obviously ignoring me, and probably a reason behind that. I think Djoko's success brings too much good publicity to the ATP. Now he doesn't even have to win matches to progress in tournaments, seriously???

And the ATP want to set an example with koellerer, when they themselves are fixing matches wherever they like, this is not acceptable IMHO.

TennisAddict

Back to top Go down

Replace fognini? Empty Re: Replace fognini?

Post by sportslover Tue 31 May 2011, 10:50 pm

Don't think Berdych if he was to fill in would have been able to stop the "Serbinator" anyway.

A walkover is a walkover so I doubt if you would get any joy from the ATP.

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by custart Wed 01 Jun 2011, 5:49 pm

It would have been the same for any player. I don't think anyone is giving Djokovic any special treatment.

If the rule ever did change it would more likely be whoever Fognini beat in the last round.

custart

Back to top Go down

Post by Priesty Wed 01 Jun 2011, 7:11 pm

It's just one of those things that happens. The rule has stayed the same for decades and I can't see it changing now. I expect most players have benefited from a walkover at some point or another.

Priesty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down