The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paul James on the Aviva Premiership

+5
Jenifer McLadyboy
Kingshu
LondonTiger
nathan
Sgt_Pooly
9 posters

Go down

Paul James on the Aviva Premiership Empty Paul James on the Aviva Premiership

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 07 Mar 2013, 1:37 pm

Bath & Wales prop Paul James has claimed playing in the Aviva Premiership has improved him as a player.

He states the increased intensity & physicality has aided this and the AP is a step closer to International rugby(compared to the Rabo).

Full article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-2289303/Six-Nations-2013-Wales-prop-Paul-James-says-Bath-spell-improved-game.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Paul James on the Aviva Premiership Empty Re: Paul James on the Aviva Premiership

Post by nathan Thu 07 Mar 2013, 2:05 pm

you little Poopie stirrer you!! laugh out loud

nathan

Back to top Go down

Paul James on the Aviva Premiership Empty Re: Paul James on the Aviva Premiership

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 07 Mar 2013, 2:11 pm

Don't shoot the messenger Very Happy

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 07 Mar 2013, 2:15 pm

Let's face it, he isn't going to say:

"Moving to Bath was a bad idea. At Ospreys I was playing in the HEC now I am in the Amlin. Oh, and the Aviva Premiership is much lower quality than the Rabo. The only reason I have been selected is due to injury to Gethin Jenkins, who is only 3rd choice at his club. I regret the move and wish I could go back"

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 2:31 pm

Exactly LT.

Also, I think most fans on here, Rabo and AP, agree that the AP is more intense and physical. I can't remember too many people disagreeing with that. Maybe the WUMs. Where the disagreement comes from is whether this physicality or intensity makes one league better or worse than another.

I like them both, for different reasons maybe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Thu 07 Mar 2013, 2:31 pm

I suppose we'd have to ask Downey and Roger Wilson the same question from going the other way, I'm sure they would speak equally well about the league the team that pays them plays in. Just like i'm sure Troy Nathan would say the Italian super 10 is a high quality league with plenty of up and coming internationals.

For James, and Props in general, the Prem may be the better league to learn thier trade.

But lets be honest the Aviva isn't the scrum dominated league that it once was, and the Pro 12 with sides like Ulster Glasgow, munster Ospreys, isn't scrum weak either.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 07 Mar 2013, 2:33 pm

I'm sure Downey & Wilson would endorse the Rabo, it would be interesting to hear an English players view though.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 07 Mar 2013, 2:59 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:I'm sure Downey & Wilson would endorse the Rabo, it would be interesting to hear an English players view though.
Precious few of them can make it over here though. Laugh

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 07 Mar 2013, 3:00 pm

You can have Cipriani if you want?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 07 Mar 2013, 3:02 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:You can have Cipriani if you want?
Cheers mate thumbsup Just when Ulster offloaded baby hump to London Irish.

Actually....... With a name like that he would fit right in with Zebre.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Thu 07 Mar 2013, 3:10 pm

Well whether its true or not he has been a good signing for Bath. Since Webber's return from injury the two of them plus Wilson have been looking pretty solid up front.

I hope he hangs around for a while, it can't be long before he overtakes Gethin as 1st choice?

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Thu 07 Mar 2013, 5:00 pm

I would agree the AP is more physical and has a higher intensity. But that is down to the Rabo teams rarely ever able to field a full team.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Thu 07 Mar 2013, 5:26 pm

To be fair stringer has done well every time he has gone there.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Thu 07 Mar 2013, 9:24 pm

I wonder what Jennings and Cullen thought about the differences when they returned to Leinster?

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down