The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Goodwillie wins young player of the year.

+3
AquaArab
Liam_Main
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
7 posters

Go down

David Goodwillie wins young player of the year. Empty David Goodwillie wins young player of the year.

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 01 May 2011, 11:32 pm

David Goodwillie was voted young player of the year by his fellow professionals. Can't argue with that although I would say if Kayal and Ness hadn't got injured one of them would have won it.

Last edited by prettyboykev on Sun 01 May 2011, 11:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

David Goodwillie wins young player of the year. Empty Re: David Goodwillie wins young player of the year.

Post by Liam_Main Sun 01 May 2011, 11:35 pm

16 league goals and he's made his Scotland debut been a brilliant season for him.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

David Goodwillie wins young player of the year. Empty Re: David Goodwillie wins young player of the year.

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 01 May 2011, 11:40 pm

Been a good season for him on the pitch but his off field behaviour is a worry because the guy is talented and Scotland need all the talented players we can get. Especially Scottish ones hate these English rejects we pick.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaArab Mon 09 May 2011, 2:49 pm

Goodwillie has been fantastic for us again this season and I only hope we can hold on to him for another season. He has already stated he is in no hurry to leave United but if an offer came in for him (2 Million) then we could hardly say no. There is no way we could afford to turn that kind of money down.

AquaArab

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Mon 09 May 2011, 2:52 pm

I actually think you have a ready made replacement in the form of Russell should Goodwillie leave. I've been impressed with him every time I've seen him this season.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 09 May 2011, 2:55 pm

I've got to agree with DT here, Russell has looked quality whenever he has played this season. He has even put in a couple of decent performances against the OF which will always stand him in good stead!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaArab Mon 09 May 2011, 3:03 pm

If I had my choice I'd play Goodie and Russell up front. They could become a pretty potent strikeforce for us in the SPL. They are both quick, can take on players and can bang in the goals. Goodie is strong and holds the ball up well and Russell is superb in the air for a wee man.

AquaArab

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 09 May 2011, 4:14 pm

If I was Dundee United I would sell him. He's untrustworthy can't stay out of trouble. What if he gets into more trouble and his form dips? They won't get £2m if that happens.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaArab Mon 09 May 2011, 4:43 pm

I would like to see him stay for another season but if an offer came in for him for 2 million then we could not afford to turn it down, I just pray he doesn't go to Rangers. Then Johhny Russell would step into his shoes parterning Daly up front. But I do feel goodie and Russell is our strongest front pairing and would like to see what they could do given a decent run together.

AquaArab

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 09 May 2011, 7:45 pm

You not worried about his off field behaviour though mate?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Mon 09 May 2011, 8:30 pm

The suprise sex accucations charge's have been dropped i hear.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 09 May 2011, 8:32 pm

With a name like that he deserves all the good luck he can get.

Can you imagine the girls pointing and laughing and saying "well THAT isn't right!" laughing

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaArab Tue 10 May 2011, 12:49 pm

prettyboykev wrote:You not worried about his off field behaviour though mate?

Always worried about what the next goodie headline will be. I have heard that the sex charge is being dropped, so I am hoping he screws the nut and knuckles down after this latest incident. He appears to be a decent enough lad, just a bit dim and he is like a magnet for trouble.

AquaArab

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaArab Tue 10 May 2011, 12:50 pm

Davie wrote:With a name like that he deserves all the good luck he can get.

Can you imagine the girls pointing and laughing and saying "well THAT isn't right!" laughing

From what I've heard he doesn't have to worry about that as he has pumped half the lassies in Dundee. Although there is a good chance it will fall off now.

AquaArab

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 10 May 2011, 3:24 pm

AquaArab wrote:

Can you imagine the girls pointing and laughing and saying "well THAT isn't right!" David Goodwillie wins young player of the year. 3497602689

From what I've heard he doesn't have to worry about that as he has pumped half the lassies in Dundee. Although there is a good chance it will fall off now.

TBH mate I'd be suprised if it hasn't already!
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaArab Tue 10 May 2011, 3:37 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
AquaArab wrote:

Can you imagine the girls pointing and laughing and saying "well THAT isn't right!" David Goodwillie wins young player of the year. 3497602689

Maybe he should change the name on his shirt to Nowillie.

AquaArab

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 10 May 2011, 5:18 pm

AquaArab wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
AquaArab wrote:

Maybe he should change the name on his shirt to Nowillie.
David Goodwillie wins young player of the year. 3497602689
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down