The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gotta Admire Broner Moving Up Two Weights

+3
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
AlexHuckerby
davidemore
7 posters

Go down

Gotta Admire Broner Moving Up Two Weights Empty Gotta Admire Broner Moving Up Two Weights

Post by davidemore Sun 10 Mar 2013, 6:10 pm

Got to admit, it's impressive to see Broner pushing forward. Paulie will be a test and bigger than him, and two move up two weights then he could sit pretty for a few more fights, well, it's impressive, that's all i can say. Hats off to 'The Problem'.

Who wins?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Gotta Admire Broner Moving Up Two Weights Empty Re: Gotta Admire Broner Moving Up Two Weights

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 10 Mar 2013, 6:19 pm

Personally I'd prefer to see him fight the best guys at 140...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Gotta Admire Broner Moving Up Two Weights Empty Re: Gotta Admire Broner Moving Up Two Weights

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 10 Mar 2013, 6:22 pm

I would say that the likes of Garcia, Matthysse, Peterson etc are not only better than Paulie but (despite being in the division below Paulie) hit harder and are naturally bigger/stronger so its a little hard to give him credit

That being said alot of the best 140lbers have fights booked as well do alot if the welterweights

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 10 Mar 2013, 6:25 pm

He wont stay at 147. If he beats Paulie I think he'll take on one of those guys.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 10 Mar 2013, 6:31 pm

Hopefully, I don't mind this match up because of how few fighters are available and I'd rather him keep on fighting staying active and adding to his fanbase than wait around for a fight in August/September etc

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 10 Mar 2013, 6:33 pm

Darn straight, it's a big fight. If PBF moved up two weight classes you lot be wan**** on the boards, i respect anyone willing to do that. Paulie is being made a bigger threat than he needs to be too. Respect Broner.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Mar 2013, 6:48 pm

The build up will be fun also. Two guys who would rather use 10 words when one would do.

Hoping for a Paulie win.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:24 pm

Tough fight to call.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:26 pm

I don't reckon so. Size in this case would be irrelevant. Skill will win out.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Gee Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:26 pm

davidemore wrote:Darn straight, it's a big fight. If PBF moved up two weight classes you lot be wan**** on the boards, i respect anyone willing to do that. Paulie is being made a bigger threat than he needs to be too. Respect Broner.

Paulie and Broner will be roughly the same size. Paulie is a very small (like FMJ) WW, Broner is a monster at LW. If Floyd jumped to 160 he'd be giving away 10lbs on the scales and god knows how much after hydration etc.

I think most people are excited that this could lead to him fighting the likes of Pacquiao, Marquez, Rios, Brook, Bradley, Khan rather than the fight with Paulie itself.

Gee

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:32 pm

The more I think of it, the more I wonder why he is skipping LWW. That division is more stacked than WW.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:37 pm

Yea Broner could walk into the ring heavier than Paulie by virtue that he fights at about 150+lbs on fight night anyway whereas Paulie probably doesn't rehydrate that much at all beig a career LWW and a small WW

Paulie will be awkward for a couple rounds but Broners speed, strength and skill will prevail and wear him down alot like others have done in the past. Cano doesnt have anywhere as near power, speed or skill as Broner but Cano could have easily got the judges decision against paulie last time out

Az, most of them are booked already so I think that once he gets Paulie out of the way he will go back down to 140 for a couple fights

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:40 pm

32 wins 7 by Kayo...........Not surprised Broner is moving up...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 10 Mar 2013, 8:00 pm

I sense that the press conferences will have more action than the fight itself...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down