The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"This may be the worst segment in the history of Monday night raw"

+11
JoshSansom
crippledtart
Shot 21 LCFC
Kay Fabe
Sara
nasisillmatic
Crimey
Ian2307
GSC
Dolphin Ziggler
bretmeharty
15 posters

Go down

"This may be the worst segment in the history of Monday night raw" Empty "This may be the worst segment in the history of Monday night raw"

Post by bretmeharty Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:12 am

These were the words Michael Cole said during a segment between Brad Maddox, Wade Barrett, The Mis and Y2J. 3 of these guys are still trying to make their mark and get over etc, regardless if you thought it was awful or not it shouldn't be presented as awful with the announcers sniggering like teenagers.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

"This may be the worst segment in the history of Monday night raw" Empty Re: "This may be the worst segment in the history of Monday night raw"

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:50 am

I felt sorry for Brad Maddox who came out after all the absolute crud and barely got to speak before Cole interjected all over him. The other three were god awful.

The most annoying part of it was the fact there have been numerous worse segments in recent Raw history, why the blooming hell is it only now people in the back are telling Cole and King to kill parts?!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

"This may be the worst segment in the history of Monday night raw" Empty Re: "This may be the worst segment in the history of Monday night raw"

Post by GSC Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:00 am

I think Katie Vick might take some beating.

GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian2307 Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:06 am

it makes no sense to me.

they are basically saying that their product is garbage.

i guess thats what happens when you have no competition.

had this been 1997 and the middle of the moday night wars, nothing would have been said in fear of people changing channnels.
Ian2307
Ian2307

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:08 am

Apparently it was Vince telling them to bury it rather than let it die on its own, they decided to just try and put all the nails in the coffin.

It was ridiculous, the segment was bad, but made much worse by Cole and Lawler speaking over it.

It was only short so they should have just let it die and then got on with the match without mentioning it. By bringing attention to how awful it was, and making it worse, it only makes the product worse.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:18 am

Does anyone think this segment was done on the fly or given the go ahead 5 mins before it aired?

Just a black carpet in the ring for the highlight reel?

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:28 am

nasisillmatic wrote:Does anyone think this segment was done on the fly or given the go ahead 5 mins before it aired?

There was a Jeritron at first, but then it was taken away because it was broken.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:32 am

Could've easily been saved by having T-Long stroll out and announce a tag team match playas. Holla.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:34 am

Crimey wrote:
nasisillmatic wrote:Does anyone think this segment was done on the fly or given the go ahead 5 mins before it aired?

There was a Jeritron at first, but then it was taken away because it was broken.

They should have knew that was a sign.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:25 pm

I thought it was funny! Wade tickled me when he said about turning the offers down that he was "too bloody busy" - the way he said it amused me greatly! Any segment with Jericho in is fine with me Smile

The only thing that did annoy me was Cole talking all over Brad Maddox so much so that he talked over where he was making the Jericho v Miz match.

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:33 pm

I thought it was intentionally bad, I was howling at Maddox playing the bumbling bufoon, if it wasn't intentional then they have serious problems but I thought it was meant

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:39 pm

Yeah I think they are purposely doing it with the Brad Maddox character and I find it funny. He was on commentary the previous Smackdown and was saying things blatantly wrong so I think it is how they are presenting him.

Hence why he asked for the Jeritron to br removed depsite it not being there anyway. Also in the midst of it all I heard him describe the IC title as the most prestigious in history.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:41 pm

Maddox is hilarious and was hilarious on Smackdown too. Worth watching Smackdown for him on commentary.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:17 pm

He is funny, I like him

Sara

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:36 pm

Lol In one of the matches, Micheal Cole gave the names oh who was competing and as he carried on talking you just randomly heard Brad say "Brad Maddox" lol little things like that.

Cole: "Why dont you step in the ring and ask Ryback how he is feeling after that match?"
Maddox: "I wouldnt want to intimidate him"

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:59 pm

I felt bad for Maddox because he was the best part of the whole segment but it was his promo that got talked over.

It was a dreadful segment. Mainly that's the writers' fault, but Miz and in particular Jericho were really bad. I just don't know why I should like either of them right now. I think it was the low point of Jericho's career.

I'm torn on whether it was a good move to bury it. The fact they'd got so close to the end, and it was building to a match for the number one contendership, makes me think they should have just let the segment wrap up. But on the other hand, I think it would have been even worse if they'd done the terrible forced laughter that accompanied a lot of DX skits in the past.

I'd rather Cole had let the whole thing play out and then maybe just said at the end 'what the hell was all that about?'. Jim Ross has always been good at that trick of letting viewers know something is rubbish without outright trashing it.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:09 pm

Thought that overall it was a poor segment though I too liked the part where Barrett claimed he wasn't going to Hollywood because he was "too bloody busy". Also a fan of Brad Maddox's wiener character - reminds me of a tank topped Gareth Keenan.

Thought that the commentary was awful though you come to expect that from Cole and King - neither come across as nice people. You just know that JR would never have said those kind of things because he would have thought about the link to the careers of the people in the ring. Sh*tting on them is hardly the decent thing to do to a colleague.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:27 pm

[quote="JoshSansom"]Thought that overall it was a poor segment though I too liked the part where Barrett claimed he wasn't going to Hollywood because he was "too bloody busy". quote]

Still makes me laugh now Laugh

Sara

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:35 pm

I'm wondering if given the increasing love for car crash tv WWE was attempting a so bad its good approach to get some attention?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:51 pm

JoshSansom wrote:Thought that overall it was a poor segment though I too liked the part where Barrett claimed he wasn't going to Hollywood because he was "too bloody busy". Also a fan of Brad Maddox's wiener character - reminds me of a tank topped Gareth Keenan.

Thought that the commentary was awful though you come to expect that from Cole and King - neither come across as nice people. You just know that JR would never have said those kind of things because he would have thought about the link to the careers of the people in the ring. Sh*tting on them is hardly the decent thing to do to a colleague.

He'd just be shouting 'BRAD MADDOX, BRAD MADDOX, SLOBBERKNOCKER!, BAH GAWD!, MADDOX! MIZ!, Y2J, BBQ SAUCE!, BAH GAWD!'

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:44 pm

[/quote]

He'd just be shouting 'BRAD MADDOX, BRAD MADDOX, SLOBBERKNOCKER!, BAH GAWD!, MADDOX! MIZ!, Y2J, BBQ SAUCE!, BAH GAWD!'[/quote]

All of the highligted were in my dream last night...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:57 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:I'm wondering if given the increasing love for car crash tv WWE was attempting a so bad its good approach to get some attention?

We've tried it for the podcast since launch but it doesnt seem to be working.

Even when we added Hero and Chris to make even worse, its till hasnt had a ratings spike.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:38 am

Did anybody watch the repeat of raw on thursday? i dont know if i missed it as i have a tendency to channel hop, when they go to a commercial break, so may have tuned back in abit late but i watched most of it and i didnt see this segment, does anybody know if they cut it out of the show for the repeats

Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:24 am

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:

He'd just be shouting 'BRAD MADDOX, BRAD MADDOX, SLOBBERKNOCKER!, BAH GAWD!, MADDOX! MIZ!, Y2J, BBQ SAUCE!, BAH GAWD!'[/quote]

All of the highligted were in my dream last night...[/quote]

Did you wake with sticky pillows? (From the BBQ sauce obviously!)

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:59 am

Laugh

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down