The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jerry Collins arrest

+8
thebluesmancometh
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
B91212
profitius
100%beefy
t1000advancedprototype
kiakahaaotearoa
Ospreydragon
12 posters

Go down

Jerry Collins arrest Empty Jerry Collins arrest

Post by Ospreydragon Tue 19 Mar 2013, 12:19 am

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10872235

Ospreydragon

Back to top Go down

Jerry Collins arrest Empty Re: Jerry Collins arrest

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Tue 19 Mar 2013, 12:32 pm

Surprised to see Jerry feel the need to carry a knife when he has such big guns.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Jerry Collins arrest Empty Jerry collins arrested and to spend 10-20 days in Japanese jail.

Post by t1000advancedprototype Tue 19 Mar 2013, 8:16 pm

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/headlines.cfm?c_id=4

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Tue 19 Mar 2013, 8:26 pm

sounds like some sort of breakdown....best of luck to him, one of the best ever

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Tue 19 Mar 2013, 9:23 pm

So Collins is going to be some Japanese mans b!tch!
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Tue 19 Mar 2013, 9:33 pm

100%beefy wrote:sounds like some sort of breakdown....best of luck to him, one of the best ever
Yes, sad to read and I agree about him being one of the best. I thought he was a better player than McCaw in 2005 when he helped Carter destroy the Lions.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:35 am

Here's the latest - http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/8470346/Jerry-Collins-Gang-was-chasing-me and http://www.3news.co.nz/Jerry-Collins-speaks-out-from-prison-in-Japan/tabid/367/articleID/291737/Default.aspx

Collins says he was being chased by a gang of Brazillian workers.

All very strange - especially the parallels with Basteraud's storieis in Wellington a few years back
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 25 Mar 2013, 11:11 am

Very odd, if it's illegal to carry a knife over 15cm why carry a 17cm blade, surely a 15cm knife would do as well a job, but maybe Jerry didn't know the law all that well.

Why would a brazilian gang have any issue with purely foreign rugby players?

Why would Jerry run into such a public place, then stand behind a fish counter? Why wouldn't he actively seek out security or police?

Why would he present the knives when the police turned up? And why didn't he ditch them before?

I find the prefuse sweating odd too, if he had run from someone, even over a long distance as a pro his recovery rate would be excellent, the mix of adrenalin and fear may cause parts but it sounds like he was in the company of staff, security then police for quite some time.

Why would it take 20 officers to take him in, if he cooperated by handing the knives over surely the security/police on scene would have been comfortable enough to subdue him.

I know he's a big guy and intimidating, but 20 police officers? I get the feeling he wasn't as rationale acting as it sounds, then he wasn't as cooperative as it sounds, but then it's all conjecture at this point.

I hope he turns out to be ok though, great player and nice guy.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Mon 25 Mar 2013, 12:59 pm

I really hope I'm wrong but based on the above links and everything I've heard and read so far, some of Jerry's symptoms sounds remarkably like paranoid schizophrenia. Its an absolutely horrific disease which usually takes hold in the late teens or early 20's in males. Jerry is older than that so lets hope its not.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Mon 25 Mar 2013, 1:39 pm

I covered this about 5 days ago.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Mon 25 Mar 2013, 2:08 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:...Why would it take 20 officers to take him in, if he cooperated by handing the knives over surely the security/police on scene would have been comfortable enough to subdue him...

At the first report of a man brandishing knives in a public place, the police would have flooded the area. The US may have a problem with random shooters but Asia - mainly China, Japan and Korea - have problems with random knife attacks.

Nutters just start slashing out at everyone and anyone. It's not happening every month, but we've had a rash of them lately. Just a couple of days before Collins was arrested, a Chinese factory worker went berserk in Hiroshima, killing two and wounding several others. Two days after his arrest, a Japanese man wounded four in a knife attack outside a Tokyo subway station during the morning rush hour.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 27 Mar 2013, 3:50 pm

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/8481284/Jerry-Collins-fined-freed-from-Japan-jail

Jerry's lawyer has paid a ~£1000 fine and he's been let out of jail.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 27 Mar 2013, 4:15 pm

Artful_Dodger wrote:I really hope I'm wrong but based on the above links and everything I've heard and read so far, some of Jerry's symptoms sounds remarkably like paranoid schizophrenia. Its an absolutely horrific disease which usually takes hold in the late teens or early 20's in males. Jerry is older than that so lets hope its not.

It does sound like schizophrenia what the little I've seen of the story. Hope not, but we'll see. Good luck Jerry
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 27 Mar 2013, 4:22 pm

I think the suggestion of Schizophrenia is a bit premature here. He may just have had a few pints and had a bad nightmare experience about living in Swansea and playing for the Ospreys thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down