The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peterson vs Matthysse - May 18th???

+14
88Chris05
Boxtthis
Diamond in the rough
Herman Jaeger
bellchees
Lance
BoxingFan88
azania
John Bloody Wayne
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Imperial Ghosty
AlexHuckerby
Seanusarrilius
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Peterson vs Matthysse - May 18th??? Empty Peterson vs Matthysse - May 18th???

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 19 Mar 2013, 7:10 pm

Apparantly its going to happen on the Alexander "the cry baby" vs Kell Brook card.

Can Peterson win? commit another robbery (ala Khan)?? Or is the hard hitting Argie Bargie gonna pick up his first strap?

Thoughts??

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Peterson vs Matthysse - May 18th??? Empty Re: Peterson vs Matthysse - May 18th???

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 19 Mar 2013, 7:15 pm

Matthysse KO!

Bye bye Peterson

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Peterson vs Matthysse - May 18th??? Empty Re: Peterson vs Matthysse - May 18th???

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 19 Mar 2013, 7:20 pm

Peterson has a decent chance to expose Matthysse's flaws, but perhaps isn't JUST quite good enough.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 19 Mar 2013, 7:27 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Peterson has a decent chance to expose Matthysse's flaws, but perhaps isn't JUST quite good enough.

Matthysse only flaw is that he is too perfect.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 19 Mar 2013, 7:36 pm

Peterson to be too clever.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 19 Mar 2013, 7:38 pm

Peterson struggled with Ortiz's power and looked hurt multiple times against Khan (very average puncher) despite being on PEDs so I doubt he can take Lucas' punches

He is very tough and will try to get Matthysse into a war to wear him down as Peterson has a very good tank and is pretty strong especially on the inside

It's a great fight and the winner should fight Garcia/Judah winner as Matthysse has been after him for a while and Garcia holds Peterosns belt that was stripped from him following the khan debacle

Think Matthysse will win but it'll be tough and well earned

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 19 Mar 2013, 8:21 pm

Having thought about this one (being the second biggest Mathysse fan on the forum it would've been easy to just yell LUCAS!) and I'm not sure how Peterson can do this.

Yes he looks strong and is a good pressure fighter, but going toe to toe with Mathysse is obviously the wrong way to do things. He'd have a better chance of derailing a train via headbutt than out gunning Mathysse in a war. Also, Lucas looks durable. Seriously durable. Put it down to rehydration (although he wasn't massive when he waled Ajose down) or whatever you want but he's tough and his guard isn't easy to break. Every time you throw you better know a way out because he's looking to counter.

Now the obvious way to fight against this kind of creature is backing up, but that's not something I think Peterson's likely to make work. Lucas closes off the ring better than Lamont moves around it. He kept out of Kendall's way in the first couple well enough but Kendall's no Mathysse.

Maybe I'm bias because I'm a Mathysse fan, so somebody impartial tell me how Peterson does this...

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 19 Mar 2013, 8:28 pm

Why does everyone think that Peterson is a pressure fighter after the Khan fight? Back foot boxer, he changed against Khan because he was being beaten to the punch long range.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 19 Mar 2013, 8:31 pm

The Holt fight.

Anyway I don't see him getting it done on the back foot. The ring will get very small, very quick.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 19 Mar 2013, 8:53 pm

Peterson with ease. He's got out of the juice what he needed. But much depends on how big Lucas comes in at also.

I'd back Peterson for this. Too skilled for the one dimensional Lucas (although that dimension is pretty decent).

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 19 Mar 2013, 8:58 pm

Peterson is pretty tough too and very under rated. Thought he done well against Khan to change his game and make it uncomfortable for Amir (who I had 1 point up at the end).

But his struggles against Ortiz and Bradley, being put over a few times in each of those fights while getting back up leads me to seeing a tough 12 rounds with Matthysse dominating (8 rounds to 4 maybe) and Peterson dry humping the canvas 1 or 2 times.

Decent match up and would lie to see it
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Mar 2013, 9:02 pm

You have to think Peterson will look to box and move here which will pose questions for Lucas.

Questions I believe Lucas will answer.

Unless Peterson becomes a master mover in the mould of a young Floyd, then I think Lucas finds him often enough to win rounds or knock him out. A guy that was hurt and put down by Khan should not have the chin to cope with the hurt bombs Lucas throws.

Lucas caught up with Zab and Devon and I think he's better now which spells trouble for Peterson.

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 19 Mar 2013, 9:03 pm

Both his trips to the canvas from Khan should've been rules slips, in fairness.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 19 Mar 2013, 9:10 pm

I didnt say anything about the Khan knockdowns. The Bradley and Ortiz ones only
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Mar 2013, 9:37 pm

The fact we can reference multiple knockdowns shows there is a weakness which is not good against Lucas.

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 19 Mar 2013, 9:37 pm

Peterson is going to get Pancaked!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Mar 2013, 9:40 pm

Also, I am openly bias towards Lucas and will be cheering him on for this one.

He's certainly beatable but I love the way he fights!

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 19 Mar 2013, 9:50 pm

The only thing Lucas has to worry about is Peterson's activity, but his lack of real power will probably the difference maker

Doesn't Peterson have the IBF belt, so if the winner goes against Garcia will the WBC allow a unification fight?

I hope so as its a good fight but I have the feeling that Garcia won't be put in with anyone dangerous for a while

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Mar 2013, 10:00 pm

Garcia v Lucas could be a great fight as Lucas will stand square which is what Garcia needs for his mid exchange counters and he carries good power in those shots.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 19 Mar 2013, 10:02 pm

TumblingDice wrote:The fact we can reference multiple knockdowns shows there is a weakness which is not good against Lucas.

The fact than a decidedly average Judah beat Lucas says a lot about him when pitched against a mover. Alex fight was razor thin which I scored for Lucas. He is vastly overrated on here.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 19 Mar 2013, 10:05 pm

Lucas is the goat and would mutilate Sugar Ray Robinson with ease.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Mar 2013, 10:41 pm

Az you are right about him being overrated on here in some quarters but I do think a guy in LP who is easy to hit, not an exceptional mover, not a great puncher and been down multiple occasions is in the deep end here.

Viva Argentina and viva Lucas for this one!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue 19 Mar 2013, 10:46 pm

Peterson for me. too skilled for a very overrated Matthysse.

matthysse losing a couple of close decisions seems to have gained him a fanbase. plus hes very exciting too of course. but he struggled with Judah, who i dont rate at all these days. whats his best win? peterson is better than anything hes beat and could be too much of a step up. Matthysse is being massively overrated i think

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 19 Mar 2013, 10:48 pm

I want Lucas to win. I am a firm believer that cheats should never prosper and LP is noting but a cheat. But Lucas gets props for beating a fat SFW and that Nigerian who was just below euro level when competing here. Looking devestating against over-matched guys is one thing. When he stepped up to world level he was found wanting. LP may go down but he never stays there. Lucas has been outboxed and LP will mix it up , confuse him and outscore him with ease. Lucas himself is not that hard to find.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue 19 Mar 2013, 10:52 pm

the guys on here jumping on the matthysse band wagon seem to be the same guys who were all over rios until he got exposed as a one dimensional bully of a boxer. as exciting as some of these punchers are, they will always get exposed by a smart boxer

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Tue 19 Mar 2013, 10:58 pm

I think Lucas should win this in a real tough fight, can see it being very close for the entire fight but with Lucas power just telling enough for him to make more of an impression and win the close rounds.

On a side note does anyone what the drug testing is for this fight? Just curious to know if Peterson has still got his Testosterone pellet in or whatever it was for the Khan fight as he says it was for medical reasons.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 20 Mar 2013, 12:39 am

Love the way some people think that if you rate Matthysse, you must have him downas some kind of invincible winning machine.

What Matthysse is, is a guy with a very exciting, watchable style, decent defense and durable, with a real claim to be divisional number one and a very good chance of proving it.

To say a slick boxer can beat him seems logical to me, that would be his nemesis style. But it might have to be an extremely good one rather than just a good one. And there just isn't a Mayweather in the division at the minute.

I think Rios had to starve himself for something like five days before the Abril defeat, so I wouldn't read as much into that as some others. Particularly as he looked stronger than ever in his last fight. He comes across as a prat at times, but that's not important in the ring. He's another exciting boxer that knows how to close off a ring, and who also has his eye on that number one. That makes for a real exciting rivalry with Matthysse imo. That's not meant as disrepect to Garcia, he can bang too and might fancy proving a few people wrong.

If it got to the stage that only Rios and Matthysse were left, surely if the fighters themselves made enough noise about fighting each other, the fight would simply have to get made.

Also if it's so easy to just rock up and beat these kind of guys, how come Broner bypassed the division?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Wed 20 Mar 2013, 7:13 am

With Garcia khan mattysse Peterson all fighting each other who is left for broner? I don't think he has bypassed the division to stay away from them that's for sure!

Lucas will beat Peterson and for some reason I think Judah will beat Garcia and get pancaked against Lucas when the 2 winners fight!

Which could leave either broner or khan fighting the winner! Rios will never get to fight any off them now (slim chance before zero now) and besides he gets beat by all of them IMO with Peterson being closest

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed 20 Mar 2013, 1:33 pm

I think people are overestimating Peterson's slickness. I just don't think he'll be elusive enough to stay away from Lucas for the whole 12. Ortiz let him off the hook. I don't think Lucas would make the same mistake.

Matthyse will get taken apart at some point, I have no doubt . But I think it'll take a slicker boxer than Peterson to do it.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 20 Mar 2013, 1:38 pm

Ajose did ok and he isnt really a world class fighter is he? Judah gave him a lesson in large parts and lucas didn't trouble him. His finishing powers couldn't put Alexander away or the chinny Judah.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 20 Mar 2013, 1:50 pm

Well I wouldn't say that Peterson is slicker than either Judah or Alexander, and while he lost those 2 fights he did find the target enough to make the Judah fight close and to put Alexander under some real pressure and I think he has improved since then as starts much faster

I don't get why people on here get so agitated that Matthysse is highly rated. No-one is saying he's unbeatable or will go down as some ATG, but what he is a very exciting fighter who is much more than just a slugger like Rios or Maidana. He doesn't block with his face, has good timing, cuts off the ring wel, is very toughl and does have alot of power. Why not just support him? He has been avoided by the WBC champs and is finally getting a big fight that he deserves

Some people on here just decide to go against the norm just to get a reaction and its a bit petty

Like Az, "Peterson is just too skilled for Lucas" based on what? Losing to Bradley, struggling to draw against Ortiz or struggling to beat Khan while on PEDs.
"Lucas gets too much credit for beating a fat SFW" who does that? Ajose was one of the most avoided boxers in the world at the time, so Lucas fought him and people critisise him.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 20 Mar 2013, 1:57 pm

Pretty much, WHU. Good post. It all seemed to kick off with regards to Matthysse after Sean described him as one of the few fighters who just can't lose in their weight class a few weeks back. Nobody agreed that he was unbeatable as Sean said, but just that they considered him the best 140 pounder out there at the moment and backed him to prove that in the future.

All of a sudden, we were hit with lines about both the verdicts he received against Alexander and Judah being fair and correct (nonsense), how the likes of Brandon 'Face First' Rios will box rings around him and leave him chasing shadows (fanciful to say the least) and how Peterson, who has basically come off second best in most people's eyes apart from some incompetent judges whenever he's stepped up, is going to bewilder him with his ring IQ and boxing skills, apparently neither of which Lucas has in any degree at all (again, pretty fanciful).

Like you suggest, it just seems that if one person maybe gets too excited about a certain fighter, others feel the need to get a bit silly going the other way in an attempt to compensate.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 20 Mar 2013, 2:45 pm

This is a very good debate!

Personally, I found Peterson was being closed down easily by Khan, it wasn't until the "Khan rounds" were over (Khan only seems to have power for the first 4 to 5 rounds). It wasn't until Peterson realised Khan couldn't hurt him up close he decided to add the pressure.

Lucas is a stalker, he's a patient one at that. If he can cut Peterson off (which I'm sure he can) he can close the gaps and unload, but this is the one weakness he posesses... Peterson may be able to lead and land first whilst Matthysse is looking to close the gap and if he is able to land to or three punches and get out of dodge - he'll be scoring the points.

Peterson has been knocked down but I wouldn't question his whiskers... he has comeback and adapted. He recovers well (I don't see testosterone tablets giving you that ability).

If I was Matthysse I would want to ensure Peterson doesn't take control from the outside and snap more than a jab off when coming forward. Look for Peterson to throw a quick flurry and counter when he's on his way out.

I'd have to give this one to Matthysse though, I think he has the power and the pressure to win.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Mar 2013, 9:34 pm

Well said SP, Chris, WHU and Herman.

There definitely has been some massive exaggeration in the criticism of Lucas in an attempt to swing the argument back after perceived over hyping.

I don't think many of us see him as an elite pound for pound fighter but just that he has the beating of most in his division and is great to watch, which of course adds to his attractiveness. As does that rather lovely man pony tail mullet hair combination.

Back to the fight, Peterson, in my opinion, is not good or quick enough to avoid his attacks and I'd be surprised if he has the power to dissuade him.

Which leaves me with the conclusion of a Lucas win.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 20 Mar 2013, 9:46 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Pretty much, WHU. Good post. It all seemed to kick off with regards to Matthysse after Sean described him as one of the few fighters who just can't lose in their weight class a few weeks back. Nobody agreed that he was unbeatable as Sean said, but just that they considered him the best 140 pounder out there at the moment and backed him to prove that in the future.

All of a sudden, we were hit with lines about both the verdicts he received against Alexander and Judah being fair and correct (nonsense), how the likes of Brandon 'Face First' Rios will box rings around him and leave him chasing shadows (fanciful to say the least) and how Peterson, who has basically come off second best in most people's eyes apart from some incompetent judges whenever he's stepped up, is going to bewilder him with his ring IQ and boxing skills, apparently neither of which Lucas has in any degree at all (again, pretty fanciful).

Like you suggest, it just seems that if one person maybe gets too excited about a certain fighter, others feel the need to get a bit silly going the other way in an attempt to compensate.

Whoa, slow down Chris. I have always said that I scored the Alexander fight to Lucas and thought Judah edged their fight.

Lucas is being touted as some monster of the division solely on the back of the Soto slaughter. Lets not forget that Soto was a fat SFW and Lucas is a huge LWW. Any surprise that he literally walked through Soto?

Judah gave him a boxing lesson in some rounds. If Lucas is so great at cutting the ring, how come he couldn't do that to Judah? As for his vaulted powers, he had Alex down twice yet couldn't finish the job/ On a 10 points must system I scored it to Lucas. But Alex won more rounds. Once again, so much for his ability.

He is grossly over-rated and Peterson will whip his with relative ease. Peterson is better in every department except for power which is mainly due to the size differential. Also Ajose gave Lucas issues which surprised me seeing as Ajose is Euro level at best.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 20 Mar 2013, 9:50 pm

Az what size differential, Peterson is a huge 140lber too.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 20 Mar 2013, 9:55 pm

The size differential between Lucas and Soto and most of the other LWWs he has faced. Also it is arguable that Alexander had weight making issues and he promptly moved up and is a big WW.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 20 Mar 2013, 10:09 pm

You know that Matthysse didn't weigh in at 163lbs like was stated against Dallas right?

He came out as did his team that it was 153, which is 2lbs less than what Peterson weighed against Khan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 20 Mar 2013, 10:11 pm

What was Soto's weight when Lucas ran through him?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 20 Mar 2013, 10:17 pm

Who cares, who's he fighting next? Peterson, that what's important

Literally just as I said beforehand you're spouting the same rubbish just to be annoying

Soto wasn't a career LWW, well done, but pretty much everyone else he has fought has been

Matthysse isn't a huge LWW, he usually comes in under 150lbs which isn't big given that nowadays fighter normally rehydrate 14lbs+

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 20 Mar 2013, 10:27 pm

That's the fight that started off the Lucas hype train on this board.

Do belt up. I'm giving my opinion. You rate Lucas highly. I dont. Yes he's exciting. But not near the best. Peterson will beat him with ease.

But I should jump on the hype train just to be in with the posse. Twit.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 20 Mar 2013, 10:50 pm

Herman Jaggery wrote:Love the way some people think that if you rate Matthysse, you must have him downas some kind of invincible winning machine.

What Matthysse is, is a guy with a very exciting, watchable style, decent defense and durable, with a real claim to be divisional number one and a very good chance of proving it.

To say a slick boxer can beat him seems logical to me, that would be his nemesis style. But it might have to be an extremely good one rather than just a good one. And there just isn't a Mayweather in the division at the minute.

I think Rios had to starve himself for something like five days before the Abril defeat, so I wouldn't read as much into that as some others. Particularly as he looked stronger than ever in his last fight. He comes across as a prat at times, but that's not important in the ring. He's another exciting boxer that knows how to close off a ring, and who also has his eye on that number one. That makes for a real exciting rivalry with Matthysse imo. That's not meant as disrepect to Garcia, he can bang too and might fancy proving a few people wrong.

If it got to the stage that only Rios and Matthysse were left, surely if the fighters themselves made enough noise about fighting each other, the fight would simply have to get made.

Also if it's so easy to just rock up and beat these kind of guys, how come Broner bypassed the division?

Haha, it stems from Seanus' old thread on fighters that couldn't be beat in there weight class and people were bandying him as some invincible machine.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 20 Mar 2013, 10:53 pm

Just my point, you dont like the hype that Matthysse gets and since then you have criticised him at every pour, because of the hype and little else. You yourself thought he beat Alexander who's a top top fighter, a better fighter than Peterson

I think you need to watch more boxing too, in the build up to the Soto fight there were a hell of a lot of people that thought that he was unlucky to not be unbeaten and that Soto (perhaps the second best lightweight behind marquez) was going to make it competitive but few people thought he'd win and the fight was a good spectacle. The 'hype' is being fabricated by yourself

Go back through the old Matthysse threads and almost everyone has said that Marquez and Bradley would have the beating of him and many think that Broner would while people are split on Rios/Maidana. Hardly someone hyped to death if all of the above can beat him

You don't have to jump the hype train as your a grown man but at least be constructive of your criticism other than just "Lucas is too one dimensional" etc. if he was then Alexander and Judah would have pitched shutouts and one of Ajose, Dallas or Soto would have been able to outbox him but all of them were dealt with easily

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 20 Mar 2013, 11:00 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Just my point, you dont like the hype that Matthysse gets and since then you have criticised him at every pour, because of the hype and little else. You yourself thought he beat Alexander who's a top top fighter, a better fighter than Peterson

I think you need to watch more boxing too, in the build up to the Soto fight there were a hell of a lot of people that thought that he was unlucky to not be unbeaten and that Soto (perhaps the second best lightweight behind marquez) was going to make it competitive but few people thought he'd win and the fight was a good spectacle. The 'hype' is being fabricated by yourself

Go back through the old Matthysse threads and almost everyone has said that Marquez and Bradley would have the beating of him and many think that Broner would while people are split on Rios/Maidana. Hardly someone hyped to death if all of the above can beat him

You don't have to jump the hype train as your a grown man but at least be constructive of your criticism other than just "Lucas is too one dimensional" etc. if he was then Alexander and Judah would have pitched shutouts and one of Ajose, Dallas or Soto would have been able to outbox him but all of them were dealt with easily

I stated that he is one dimensional and continued that the dimension was very good. Is that criticism or a balanced opinion?

I think he would beat JMM but lost to Bradley convincingly. I have watched more boxing than I care to remember. I pay no attention to what others say and go by what I see. Soto was catching Lucas a few times but didn't have the power to do anything. He was cut through like a knife through butter. The weight differential played a part. Soto looked fleshy and out of shape. If you don't believe me then you are deluding yourself.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 20 Mar 2013, 11:13 pm

I'd back Peterson for this. Too skilled for the one dimensional Lucas (although that dimension is pretty decent)

I want Lucas to win.

Alex fight was razor thin which I scored for Lucas.

From this thread. It seems some read what they want to see.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 20 Mar 2013, 11:14 pm

Has Matthyse been stripped of his interim title?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 20 Mar 2013, 11:16 pm

Bloody interim titles. What the hell is that? I like the way the UFC use interim belts. When the champ is out injured the next 2 fight for the interim belt and have to unify against the returning champ. Is it the interim silver belt with tinsels on?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 20 Mar 2013, 11:17 pm

azania wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:Pretty much, WHU. Good post. It all seemed to kick off with regards to Matthysse after Sean described him as one of the few fighters who just can't lose in their weight class a few weeks back. Nobody agreed that he was unbeatable as Sean said, but just that they considered him the best 140 pounder out there at the moment and backed him to prove that in the future.

Whoa, slow down Chris. I have always said that I scored the Alexander fight to Lucas and thought Judah edged their fight.

Lucas is being touted as some monster of the division solely on the back of the Soto slaughter. Lets not forget that Soto was a fat SFW and Lucas is a huge LWW. Any surprise that he literally walked through Soto?

Judah gave him a boxing lesson in some rounds. If Lucas is so great at cutting the ring, how come he couldn't do that to Judah? As for his vaulted powers, he had Alex down twice yet couldn't finish the job/ On a 10 points must system I scored it to Lucas. But Alex won more rounds. Once again, so much for his ability.

He is grossly over-rated and Peterson will whip his with relative ease. Peterson is better in every department except for power which is mainly due to the size differential. Also Ajose gave Lucas issues which surprised me seeing as Ajose is Euro level at best.

Unfortunately, Az, this post just confirms even further what I was talking about before, rather than dispelling any of it.

Why do you keep churning out this 'Olusegun was a fat Super-Featherweight' line? The man competed at the Olympics as a Light-Welter and has fought every fight in the professional ranks between Light-Welter and Welter. When he fought Matthysse he was in excellent shape and you couldn't pinch an ounce of fat from him anywhere. Please explain to me how Olusegun is a 'fat Super-Featherweight.'

Alexander won more rounds? I'm actually beginning to wonder if you've even watched the fight. Please tell me how Matthysse could possibly not have won the first, fourth, seventh, eighth and tenth rounds of that fight. That's five from ten and five rounds which absolutely no sensible judge could give to Alexander (and one of those rounds was a 10-8 to boot). Alexander didn't win more rounds at all, in fact the only rounds I'd feel one hundred percent comfortable giving to him would be the sixth and the ninth.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 20 Mar 2013, 11:19 pm

Soto Chris not Olusegun.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 20 Mar 2013, 11:22 pm

Ah, rats. My apologies, Az - it seems you've stopped calling Olusegun a fat Super-Featherweight and it's now Soto who (more understandably!) gets that title. Sorry again.

Wouldn't mind getting your round by round breakdown of Matthysse-Alexander to see where Devon won all of these rounds, mind you!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next