The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TOP 5 Wrestlers

+21
crippledtart
Liam
Kay Fabe
Sara
Dr Gregory House MD
MtotheC
Adam D
Samo
Nakatomi Plaza
HitmanOwl
NickisBHAFC
Dolphin Ziggler
Makaveli
MIG
TheCultOfPersonality
theundisputedY2D2
Crimey
Enforcer
Hero
JamesLincs
x12x
25 posters

Go down

TOP 5 Wrestlers Empty TOP 5 Wrestlers

Post by x12x Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:42 pm

I know that there is probably an old post getting people to do their current top 5 wrestlers but I thought why not start one just incase there isn't.
Simple as the title says, list your top five wrestlers and give you reasons why...and because I'm nice you can group tag teams so that the members don't take up too much space.

Mine:

1. CM Punk
Just awesome, amazing ring and mic work and the fact he’s straight edge doesn’t hurt either, I just love the intensity he brings to every promo he does and if anyone can make me believe they’ll beat the Undertaker at ‘mania then it’ll be Punk. I know I sound like a fan boy but it's nice to see someone in the ring that I can relate too, obviously he's in much better shape than me but he's straight edge like me and we have a similar amount of tattoos...he doesn't look the part of the wrestler but he never gave up and look where he is now.

2. The Shield
I know this is technically three but they work so well together that they’re getting added to the list as one. Brilliant team work, each wrestler has their speciality and working together they cover all the bases. In the future I’d like to see Ambrose and Rollins get the tag titles and Reigns at least get a shot at a smaller title at first, I hope the WWE keep them going as a team for a long time before the eventual breakdown, I also hope that they're not exposed as puppets for a fellow wrestler just to facilitate a heel turn, they're worth more than that.

3. Antonio Cesaro
I think Cesaro might be on the list just because of 1. his potential and 2. his move “The Very European Uppercut” is beyond amazing, also the strength he posses is second to none and I can see him being a WHC contender in a couple of years if the WWE push him correctly. Finger's crossed that he doesn't end up on TNA in the near future because he ticks all the boxes of being a star.

4.Randy Orton
Randy Orton would probably be much higher on the list if he was a heel, when I last seriously watched wrestling before (around 2004ish) I was a massive Randy Orton fan and it was when he was at his best…it’s a shame that he can’t seem to live up to the wellness program because he’d be a great World Heavyweight Champion but as he’s shown before, he just can’t be trusted in the near future.

5. Dolph Ziggler - I shouldn’t like him but for some reason I actually do, he’s got some good wrestling skill and sells moves better than anyone else in the WWE. It’s a shame he’s jobbing to people at the moment but I see him cashing in soon and being WHC (probably at Mania?)

I have to say that I'm sad that I can't have Kane on this list because as a kid he was probably my favourite wrestler but now he's actually aimed at kids and possess nothing that made me practice chokeslams on my friends, the WWE have a lot to answer for! It's the same reason why Daniel Bryan isn't on the list, the WWE need to split up Team Hell No and stop making him the joke of the team/making him look weak...for the years that Kane has put in he deserves another proper title reign as a monster heel...Bryan just needs to be allowed time to wrestle and show why he made it this far even though he's not the typical wrestler /rant.

x12x

Back to top Go down

TOP 5 Wrestlers Empty Re: TOP 5 Wrestlers

Post by Guest Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:41 am

is this of all time or now?

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:43 am

It's for now, if I made an all time top 5 I'd have to say that out of my current top 5 then only CM Punk would be on the list.

My all time list would consist of CM Punk, Stone Cold, Kane, Sting and probably Mick Foley (and all of his personalities)...if you asked me when I was a kid Goldberg would also be on this list.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:48 am

Ok, don't judge me on this

1. Jeff Hardy because he has the air of controversy behind him
2. Ryback because I love watching him destroy people
3. Austin Aries - The best in the world
4. Triple H
5. Cena - Sorry, something makes me want to watch what he does, the guys a legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:51 am

youve insulted viper by suggesting the shield may be in his all time list

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:58 am

I love the Shield but they haven't been around long enough to be on my all time list and it all depends on what happens with them in the future and how WWE choses to use them. Most of the guys on my current list are there because of their potential.

And AntLord, I don't think you should be sorry for liking Cena at all, if you like him then you do...I actually look forward to him being WWE Champion again because while I'm not really a fan of him it will be nice to have a champion who actually shows up again and who you can tell loves the job he does and the fans.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:16 am

1. Dean Ambrose
Joint 5th. CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Cesaro, Swagger.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:53 am

It's nice to see that I'm not the only one who likes Cesaro, I just don't see why he's getting used how he is at the moment...he's the United States Champion but seems to be getting thrown to the sharks instead of dominating the mid card, it makes the title look worthless.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:01 pm

I raised the point last night on the podcast in that I'm wondering if they're holding fire on Cesaro atm and letting him fade into the background until after Mania due to Kassius Ohno probably stepping up to the full roster soon an a potential KOW reunion or even feud?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:15 pm

1. CM Punk
2. Antonio Cesaro
3. Bully Ray
4. The Shield
5. Austin Aries

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:42 pm

1. CM Punk
2. Brock Lesnar (everything he does looks brutal, even if that's because half are botches.)
3. Mark Henry
4. Antonio Cesaro
5. Daniel Bryan

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:43 pm

1. CM Punk
2. Bully Ray
3. Austin Aries
4. The Shield
5. Kazaniels

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:58 pm

1. Bobby Roode
2. Austin Aries
3. Bully Ray
4. Randy Orton
5. Dolph Ziggler

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:03 pm

1. CM Punk
2. Dolph Ziggler
3. Daniel Bryan
4. The Shield
5. Wade Barrett.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:06 pm

1) Daniel Bryan

2) Antonio Cesaro

3) Swagger

4) Ryback

5) Santino Morella Whistle (really think with the skill he has he should be a notch above his level)

Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:19 pm

Hero wrote:I raised the point last night on the podcast in that I'm wondering if they're holding fire on Cesaro atm and letting him fade into the background until after Mania due to Kassius Ohno probably stepping up to the full roster soon an a potential KOW reunion or even feud?

I really hope so because if they let him fade away for no reason then it'll be criminal.
It feels that they have a lot of members on the roster who they just don't know what they want to do with them at all...With Cesaro and Fandango sticking out the most.

I can honestly see Cesaro losing the title and then slowly working his way up towards being in a sort of Sheamus position on the roster, maybe giving him a shot at the WHC...maybe this is just wishful thinking though because right now he doesn't seem to be the WWE's plans.

Speaking of Fandango, I'm not sure where they want to go with him...it feels like they decided they didn't have enough people to put in squash matches or populate the lower level of the mid card but this budding feud with Chris Jericho points towards him having a bit of a heel push...if I had the choice this is what I'd do:

I'd have him carrying on whole Fandango gimmick up until Mania and then have him beat Jericho in a really amazing match, making him look strong and then on the next Raw have him come out in normal clothes without the Gimmick and have him call out WWE on the BS gimmick they gave him, saying that he worked hard to get where he is in the roster and he wasn't going to let them ruin him with a comedy act, that he's too good for it and that his name isn't Fandango it's Johnny Curtis and then he could maybe start going after other wrestlers with stupid gimmicks.

The reason I'd have him do this is because the whole ballroom thing just doesn't work, it might have been kind of funny once or twice but it just screams future jobber/future endeavours to me and it just feels like he's not even getting a proper chance.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:53 pm

1. CM Punk

2. Daniel Bryan

3. Dolph Ziggler

4. Roman Reigns and The Shield (their rightful name)

5. Antonio Cesaro

Discounting the part timers because really Taker, Rock, Lesnar and Jericho will make me mark out at Mania far more than any of those (except Punk).

Samoa Joe and Kazaniels are close and both deserve better booking, same with Roode and Aries. Magnus has potential. Not much of a fan of Bully Ray so TNA is a washout there on for me. AJ Styles is probably good but he has been crud since I started watching.

I also really like Big E, Cody Rhodes, Sandow and Ryback, whilst Kane is a solid top ten performer. Cena also does a good job when given something to get his teeth into.

Mark Henry, Sheamus and Orton are all good on their game but have inconsistency. Wade Barrett, The Miz and Kofi Kingston are all far better than they are booked, whilst The Primetime Players are probably funnier than WWE let them be.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:22 pm

1. CM Punk
2. The Rock
3. Brock Lesnar
4. The Shield
5. Ryback

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:28 pm

(1) John Cena

(2) The Miz

(3) Randy Orton

(4) Kofi Kingston

(5) Kane

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:37 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:1. CM Punk

2. Daniel Bryan

3. Dolph Ziggler

4. Roman Reigns and The Shield (their rightful name)

5. Antonio Cesaro

Discounting the part timers because really Taker, Rock, Lesnar and Jericho will make me mark out at Mania far more than any of those (except Punk).

Samoa Joe and Kazaniels are close and both deserve better booking, same with Roode and Aries. Magnus has potential. Not much of a fan of Bully Ray so TNA is a washout there on for me. AJ Styles is probably good but he has been crud since I started watching.

I also really like Big E, Cody Rhodes, Sandow and Ryback, whilst Kane is a solid top ten performer. Cena also does a good job when given something to get his teeth into.

Mark Henry, Sheamus and Orton are all good on their game but have inconsistency. Wade Barrett, The Miz and Kofi Kingston are all far better than they are booked, whilst The Primetime Players are probably funnier than WWE let them be.

Funnier than Rufus Pancake Patterson? Surely that's not possible?

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:09 pm

1) Kazaniels

2) Damien Sandow

3) CM Punk

4) Antonio Cesaro

5) The Shield

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:57 pm

In no order: Swagger, Cesaro, Punk, Bryan and Brodus Clay.

Yes, Brodus Clay. I know hes not very good in ring, and he's stuck in a stupid story with Tensai, and that gimmick died a death a while ago, but I fell in love with him when he debuted and squashed Hawkins, literally. It was fun as hell. SHE-WAH!

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:26 pm

People I like from each fed:

Punk, Rollins, Ambrose, Reigns, Barrett and Swagger
Kaz, Daniels, Roode, Bully Ray, Aries and dare I say DOC and Devon! And of course Matt Morgan.

If I had to pick 5 from those lot:

1. Kazaniels
2. Punk
3. Roode
4. Aries
5. Bully Ray

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:52 pm

At this exact moment in time it's the following for me:

1.CM Punk
2.The Shield
3.Daniel Bryan
4.Jack Swagger
5.Bully Ray

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:02 pm

I have to say I'm glad I started this because I honestly felt I was the minority when it came to Cesaro and it gives me hope for his future, also from the top 5's so far this thread needs to be called: Apart from CM Punk, who else do you like?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:42 pm

Mine are

(1) Punk

(2) Kazaniels

(3) Brock

(4) Bully Ray

(5) The Shield

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:56 pm

Without wishing to come over as some clever dick by highlighting some obscure names, I'm just wanting to give a shout out to some guys I am enjoying in there own way

1) CM Punk

-Well the can be no other

2) Kazaniels

-Probably the best things about TNA, wrapped in a two man package, brilliant wrestlers, funny and a little bit non-PG, probably the best tandem in wrestling today

3) Hirsohi Tanahasi

-I've gone off Japanese wrestling a little bit over the past few years (well quite a lot actually), but the consistenet main event quality this guy puts out against all comers in ring is truley staggering, think he'll now be remembered in the Misawa, Kobashi, Muta catagory

4) El Generico

-Part happy, part sad that WWE have signed him up, happy that he should get a chance on the bigger stage, sad because I know it'll probably never be the same again, fantastic athletic matches, backed up by a unique flair for crowd interaction, one of the best babyfaces in the world today

5) Grado

-It's bizzare because I've barely seen this guy wrestle (twice to be exact), but having read about him in FSM as the UK's most underrated wrestler, I looked him up on youtube and the guy is a promo phenomeon, he's like an Ayrshire Rock, he's halarious, a promo where he compared his chance at an ICW Title shot to Michelle McManus on Pop Idol is probably the highlight, I'd urge anyone who hasn't seen Grado to look him up

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:22 pm

This is quite difficult so I have gone with who I get excited to see each week or whenever they are on:

1) CM Punk
The man is just quality; great matches, brilliant talker - the show is nowhere near as good when he isn't on it. Love his personality and what he stands for.

2) Brock Lesnar
Its great to have Brock around again, I never thought that would happen. The man is an animal and I love that he really seems like he could destroy someone, plus his music is cracking.

3) The Shield
Fabulous group - all three bring something different and unique to the group; great performers and its just been a breath of fresh air to WWE. Hard to pick a fave but I do have a soft spot for Ambrose.

4) Chris Jericho
Simple - huge Jericho fan and its great to have him back - puts on good matches and to me always entertaining

Number 5 is a difficult pick because there are a few guys I enjoy watching such as Wade Barrett, Antonio Cesaro, Dolph....I would have possibly picked Miz before he turned face, I do find him a bit dull now.

5) Dolph Ziggler
Despite feeling he has taken a step backwards being alligned with AJ and Big E, I still think he is fantastic. Brilliant wrestler and he just needs to be elevated to the next level.

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:25 pm

I'll check up on Grado cheers House, you're usually a spot on guy for talent finding so I'll be interested to see how the Ayrshire Rock comes across.
On that note what's your views on Uhaa Nation?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:49 pm

1. CM Punk
2. Daniel Bryan
3. The Shield
4. Bobby Roode
5. Antonio Cesaro

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:10 pm

1) Punk

Best in the world, incredible heel even though I didn't like the idea initially. The reason why I tune into raw.

2) lesnar

Just a monster. Mark out Every time I hear his music and I hope this year he's involved in the title.

3) cesaro

Unique in ring ability that combines brute strength with superb technical skills. Absolutely love his move set as its very s different to what we have seen previously. That uppercut twist is just magnificent.

4) Jericho

Shows how good this guy is when he can just walk back in after months away and put on an incredible match. Great having him back and brings increased credibility to the IC if he's still gonna be involved there.

5) Bryan

Desperately needs to be back in the WHC scene or the WWE title. He's just too good not to be which is by he is lowest on my list, despite him being one of my favourites. I haven't enjoyed team hell no, haven't found them funny or entertaining tbh and need to split up ASAP so Bryan can get back to doing something that represents his pure quality.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:43 pm

1. Punk

2. Kazaniels

3. Mark Henry

4. The Rock

5. Rhodes Scholars

Those are the five acts I enjoy the most right now, in that order.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:46 pm

Good knowledge of the 1-5 system there Crips. Any justifications? (Of the names, not from using a standard numerical ranking order)

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:51 pm

1. Bobby Roode - the perfect heel imho
2. CM Punk - simply one of the most charismatic and technically gifted wrestlers in the world.
3. Austin Aries - excellent performer, oozes confidence and charisma and great gimmick match wrestler too.
4. Jeff Hardy - one of the most unique wrestlers today, can take one hell of a bump, always dependable in big gimmick matches, but his mic skills let him down.
5. Sting - he can still go and his reinvention over the last couple of years has proven that he still has a lot to offer the business. He has genuine legend status and has alot of screen presence.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:57 pm

Hero wrote:I'll check up on Grado cheers House, you're usually a spot on guy for talent finding so I'll be interested to see how the Ayrshire Rock comes across.
On that note what's your views on Uhaa Nation?

I'd by lying if I said I'd seen loads of Uhaa but my views on him are he's a phenomenal athlete, his moveset is like what you'd give a create-a-superstar on WWE 13, my only problem with him is he seems bitty, every burst of activity is followed by a lull to set up the next sequence, and as amzing as those are it kind of takes you out of the moment a wee bit

The Uhaa Combination is something else though

Just if you (or anyone else) is interested, this is my fave Grado promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6_jvOJ6KWA

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowdy Rod Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:04 pm

1. Bryan and Kane
2. The Shield
3. Swagger
4. Punk
5. Hardy

Rowdy Rod

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:13 am

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:Good knowledge of the 1-5 system there Crips. Any justifications? (Of the names, not from using a standard numerical ranking order)

I don't need to justify myself to the likes of you

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:19 am

Big E Langston- Getting people to mark out to a FIVE chant takes a serious force of personality.
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Alberto
The Miz
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:13 pm

crippledtart wrote:
chris.wilkerson13 wrote:Good knowledge of the 1-5 system there Crips. Any justifications? (Of the names, not from using a standard numerical ranking order)

I don't need to justify myself to the likes of you

Turdbrain.

Big E Langston will be in my top five once he steps away from Ziggler. I love Big E. I think buying a similar onesie will do wonders for my body image

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by goldustismyhero Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:31 pm

1) CM Punk - the best in the world fact! plays heel and face better than anyone

2) Adrian Neville - best moveset in the world

3) Daniel Bryan - YES YES YES

4) Roman Reigns - Best spear ive seen for a long time

5) Chris Jericho - just awsome

goldustismyhero