The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alex Cuthbert out injured for the rest of the season...!

+9
wolfball
TJ1
gregortree
wales606
Dontheman
Breadvan
thebluesmancometh
t1000advancedprototype
maestegmafia
13 posters

Go down

Alex Cuthbert out injured for the rest of the season...!  Empty Alex Cuthbert out injured for the rest of the season...!

Post by maestegmafia Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:57 am

Unfortunate for the Lions, the leading try scorer is out with a grade two Hamstring Injury from the first half of Saturdays game. Hopefully he has a swift recovery.

Blues blow as hamstring injury sidelines wing Alex Cuthbert

Wales wing Alex Cuthbert could miss the rest of the season with a leg injury.
The Cardiff Blues say Cuthbert suffered a grade two hamstring strain in the first half of Wales' record 30-3 win over England in Cardiff on Saturday.

The 22-year-old's two second half tries were decisive as Wales retained the Six Nations title, and reinforced his claim for a place on the Lions tour of Australia this summer.
He is expected to be out of action for between four and six weeks.
The Blues have five matches left in the Pro 12 championship, finishing with a visit to Ulster on 3 May.
Cuthbert was the leading try scorer in the Six Nations with four, and has now scored nine tries in 18 international appearances for Wales.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Alex Cuthbert out injured for the rest of the season...!  Empty Re: Alex Cuthbert out injured for the rest of the season...!

Post by t1000advancedprototype Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:04 am

Damn we could have won by 50!

Curse that hamstring! I heard George North played 30 mins against France with a broken neck.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Alex Cuthbert out injured for the rest of the season...!  Empty Re: Alex Cuthbert out injured for the rest of the season...!

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:07 am

Its a bit of a non story, Cuthbert in 'great form but not interested risking it for the Blues' shocker!!!

He's done his job, he's on the plane, now he needs to hide his defencive weaknesses until he's at Gatwick aiport.

Between a rest week or 2, and no playoff games to play I'd say there will be a lot of welsh boys playing very little between now and the lions tour, maybe Warbs and 1/2p get a game or 2 each.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:19 am

Great news!

For us Ospreys fans ahead of the games on Easter Saturday... Very Happy
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:30 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:Its a bit of a non story, Cuthbert in 'great form but not interested risking it for the Blues' shocker!!!

He's done his job, he's on the plane, now he needs to hide his defencive weaknesses until he's at Gatwick aiport.

Between a rest week or 2, and no playoff games to play I'd say there will be a lot of welsh boys playing very little between now and the lions tour, maybe Warbs and 1/2p get a game or 2 each.

Defensive weakness? One moment of BOD genius. No tries conceded since first match.

There's nothing wrong with his defence and even if there was, his attacking vastly outweighs any defensive frailties.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by Dontheman Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:33 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:Its a bit of a non story, Cuthbert in 'great form but not interested risking it for the Blues' shocker!!!

Between a rest week or 2, and no playoff games to play I'd say there will be a lot of welsh boys playing very
little between now and the lions tour, maybe Warbs and 1/2p get a game or 2 each.
From BBC team of Six Nations and stats
Six Nations: Most defenders beaten:

Louis Picamoles (Fra) 15
Mathieu Bastareaud (Fra) 15
Rob Kearney (Ire) 14
George North (Wal) 14
Alex Cuthbert (Wal) 14

Blues eat your shorts!
With a hamstring as well. Man's a marvel

Dontheman

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:37 am

Don

Why am I eating my shorts mate?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:53 am

He is only supposed to be out for 4 - 6 weeks. Should be back in time to get some games at the end of the season.

Should have done enough for Lions selection already, it's not like he was going to impress playing for the Blues Rolling Eyes
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:57 am

Opens up a Lions opportunity for Ashton then.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:01 pm

gregortree wrote:Opens up a Lions opportunity for Ashton then.

How exactly? A hammy injury can be hit or miss, and I would suggest the ETA on his return was discussed and decided to be generous to ensure him the best chance of touring for the lions, he'll prob get a few minutes before the end of season just to keep Gatlands mind at ease, but same can be said about a lot of players who have little else to prove!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:02 pm

Whistle

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:03 pm

Doh

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:19 pm

gregortree wrote:Opens up a Lions opportunity for Ashton then.

Greg I think most coaches other than Lancaster would see an ever increasing line of English wingers ahead of Ashton, without even considering the fantastic players the other three countries involved have to offer ahead of him.

Chris Ashton will have a great deal of work to do to restore his reputation and conduct as a player. If he can do that then he will be well applauded for it, he has a very very steep hill to climb to earn any respect.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:55 pm

Maes, I guess you missed my Whistle
It was a mild WUM on my part.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Dontheman Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:46 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Don

Why am I eating my shorts mate?
Sorry got a bit overexcited there. I was thinking tackles made

Dontheman

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:33 pm

Cuthbert will be missed if he is not fit for the lions. Of all the wingers in contention before the 6N he probably put on the best show. Can't argue with 4 tries. I don't think that much of him before this series but he was the best on display.

Aston probably played himself out of contention I am afraid being both out of form and having a couple of tantrums. Didn't learn much about any of the others Visser missed a couple of tackles early on but did redeem himself to a great extent. Got little good ball but was there to finish off for his try. Maitland looked decent with the little ball he got - North the same. No one really lit up a game. Bar Zebo with his outrageous piece of skill.

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfball Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:22 pm

[quote="Dontheman"]

Six Nations: Most defenders beaten:

Louis Picamoles (Fra) 15
Mathieu Bastareaud (Fra) 15
Rob Kearney (Ire) 14
George North (Wal) 14
Alex Cuthbert (Wal) 14

I wouldn't put too much faith in those stats. I am irish and cannot remember too many Kearney line breaks this tournament.

wolfball

Back to top Go down

Post by Ospreydragon Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:42 pm

Kearney didn't have a great 6N, but he's a class act and he should be a Lion.

Ospreydragon

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfball Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:45 pm

Ospreydragon wrote:Kearney didn't have a great 6N, but he's a class act and he should be a Lion.

Kearney was my player of the tournament for the last Lions tour. But he does not deserve to go this time, and I would prefer him as one of the leaders in a very youthful irish backline on the US summer tour.

Cuthbert is a deserved Lion, although I would not start him for the test team.

wolfball

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:48 pm

So my theories on genetics are ruined! Whistle

Damn you, Cuthbert!!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:52 pm

What is a grade 2 hamstring tear?

I have never known anyone with a hamstring tear able to sprint, and surely it was madness to let a player with such a tear continue playing for so long?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfball Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:58 pm

SecretFly wrote:So my theories on genetics are ruined! Whistle

Damn you, Cuthbert!!

love it

wolfball

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:04 pm

LondonTiger wrote:What is a grade 2 hamstring tear?

I have never known anyone with a hamstring tear able to sprint, and surely it was madness to let a player with such a tear continue playing for so long?

When did he score his first try again? I'd say a few minutes before it they should have pulled him off for safety. BTW, a Grade 2 hamstring is designated to be one which precludes the need to be taken off in a game against England. Rule 42-A-237

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:10 pm

SecretFly wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:What is a grade 2 hamstring tear?

When did he score his first try again? I'd say a few minutes before it they should have pulled him off for safety. BTW, a Grade 2 hamstring is designated to be one which precludes the need to be taken off in a game against England. Rule 42-A-237

If he had of been fit he might have claimed a few more tries???

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:42 pm

It is a shame.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down