The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite lions moment from each tour?

+19
Bathman_in_London
GunsGerms
R!skysports
disneychilly
rodders
petethepete
fa0019
dallym
king_carlos
RDW
Shifty
George Carlin
Glas a du
LondonTiger
yappysnap
RubyGuby
Cyril
Breadvan
t1000advancedprototype
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Favourite lions moment from each tour? - Page 2 Empty Favourite lions moment from each tour?

Post by t1000advancedprototype Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

2009: First 5 mins of second test. Burger eye gouges Fitzy and BOD unleashes hell. Never been so pumped watching a match except for last Saturday. Pure adrenaline everyone in pub going nuts.

2005: Final whistle of third test haha? Nah fav bit, "what is the captain doing?... what is the captain doing?"

2001: BOD super try.

1997: Gibbs tackle on oz du randt.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Favourite lions moment from each tour? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite lions moment from each tour?

Post by R!skysports Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:24 pm

InjuredYetAgain wrote:Risky, for most blokes who come from north of the River Forth, their own sister tends to look darn fine.

Shocked

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Favourite lions moment from each tour? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite lions moment from each tour?

Post by RDW Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:27 pm

InjuredYetAgain wrote:Risky, for most blokes who come from north of the River Forth, their own sister tends to look darn fine.

Laugh

You've got to hope ruggerradge doesn't see that....!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:30 pm

RDW - he is (a) a former prop so can't read what I have posted and (b) from Fife so it is true

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:33 pm

I'm not disagreeing with you! I also know he is taking a wee break just now so probably won't see this! Run

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:35 pm

Oh, crap. Radge is online - he has just commented on another thread. RDW - please go on standby as I may need a mod/medic fairly soon. I gave up playing when I stopped being able to out run props

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:40 pm

I dunno where to begin with this thread... probably you injured since you stopped being able to out run props!

To be fair some of the comments about Fifers are true... but I guess finding your sister attractive isn't as bad as finding farm yard animals attractive. Although with Fife girls the differences aren't always obvious.

What concerns me more is the stuff about front rowers not being able to read! Spilleng is moore of a problim but reeding is just fyne!

RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:41 pm

Busted! Rolling Eyes

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:49 pm

I played a league match against Kirkcaldy a few seasons ago (before your time if you are only 28) and am sure that the front row was mother, father and eldest son.
Dunfermline was even worse - the most popular Xbox game there is "Banjo Hero" - and we got thumped in the game itself

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:59 pm

Have to say, sisters one thing, farm animals another, but I really draw the line of finding rocks and garden gnomes attractive

On an unrelated note

So who is from Dundee Very Happy

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:00 pm

I as at Dundee Uni for 5 years - and somehow manged to avoid impregnating someone and ending up in a council hoose in the Hilltown!

Joking aside Dundee in an awesome place to be a student. Not sure I'd want to live there though...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:03 pm

Quick question - how do you know if a bird from Dundee is single? She will be pushing a pram drumroll

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:05 pm

This has seriously gone off topic...

Good banter though! Much needed after the dross that was the 6N bickering on 606V2

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:27 pm

1997 - Matt Dawson's dummy and score. Outrageous confidence. Loved Keith Wood saying to Dawson in the tunnel before the game: "if you get in trouble, just give the ball to me". Cracking match.

2001 - the first test. It looked for all the world that the whitewash was on. Henderson and BOD were superb together in the centres.

2005 - the fact that Sir Clive Woodward published his book that year and called it "Winning". Oh the irony.

2009 - Moyne's interception. Finally a bit of luck went the way of the Lions.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:53 pm

Scott Gibbs hit on the 20 stone prop and 1970's when the hotelier threatened to call the police to the Lions hotel and Willie John asked, "how many are they bringing?" Yahoo

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2