The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JUDGEMENT DAY!!

+27
wales606
maestegmafia
GavinDragon
kingjohn7
GLove39
t1000advancedprototype
IanBru
mikey_philVIII
Shifty
lauriehow
thebluesmancometh
Cardiff Dave
international197
Taffineastbourne
Coleman
Valleyboy
Kingshu
Pal Joey
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
bedfordwelsh
wayne
Breadvan
LordDowlais
youngguns6
ScarletSpiderman
Luckless Pedestrian
Glas a du
31 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

What tempted you to buy tickets

JUDGEMENT DAY!! - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%JUDGEMENT DAY!! - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
JUDGEMENT DAY!! - Page 4 Vote_lcap19%JUDGEMENT DAY!! - Page 4 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 3 ]
JUDGEMENT DAY!! - Page 4 Vote_lcap13%JUDGEMENT DAY!! - Page 4 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
JUDGEMENT DAY!! - Page 4 Vote_lcap25%JUDGEMENT DAY!! - Page 4 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 4 ]
[ 0 ]
JUDGEMENT DAY!! - Page 4 Vote_lcap43%JUDGEMENT DAY!! - Page 4 Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 16

JUDGEMENT DAY!! - Page 4 Empty JUDGEMENT DAY!!

Post by Glas a du Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:14 am

First topic message reminder :

Anybody going up then?

If so, can you spare a minute to complete a brief survey:
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

JUDGEMENT DAY!! - Page 4 Empty Re: JUDGEMENT DAY!!

Post by GavinDragon Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:27 am

i think they should schedule them later, like 5 and 7 or 6 and 8 o clock all the rugby clubs in the welsh leagues played today

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:35 am

Shifty wrote:I think it's a good thing, hopefully I can go next year. Very Happy

Agreed, me too. Feel like a bit of a phony not going yet talking about how it could be better next year, but the wife is away this weekend so I'm entertaining my daughter!

Last edited by Griff on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:37 am

That was amazing from hibbard.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:30 am

GavinDragon wrote:i think they should schedule them later, like 5 and 7 or 6 and 8 o clock all the rugby clubs in the welsh leagues played today

Yh good idea Gav though scheduling is a big problem across the board not just for this game.

In theory as I have said the best time of year for tis to be played would be nearest Saturday to St Davids Day but the problem that comes with that is it falls within the 6 Nations window meaning the big names would n't be available.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:47 am

Well just got home from judgement day...

What a let down, 36k people sat in near silence watching 2 games that were totally uneven. The 'entertainment' was half arsed, the games weren't anything to write home about, and the stadium was flat and silent.

At one point a guy sat behind me sat chatting to his wife during the whole Dragons, Scarlets second half!!

Of the 36k, half weren't interested in the game their team wasn't involved in, the other half were barely interested in the game their team was involved in.

I had to make the child I took miss his football match because of scheduling, had to get text updates of club games and being in the stadium that flat from just after 2pm till gone 7 was excruciatingly difficult.

A pie for £5.00 too?!?!?!?!?!?!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:53 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:Well just got home from judgement day...

What a let down, 36k people sat in near silence watching 2 games that were totally uneven. The 'entertainment' was half arsed, the games weren't anything to write home about, and the stadium was flat and silent.

At one point a guy sat behind me sat chatting to his wife during the whole Dragons, Scarlets second half!!

Of the 36k, half weren't interested in the game their team wasn't involved in, the other half were barely interested in the game their team was involved in.

I had to make the child I took miss his football match because of scheduling, had to get text updates of club games and being in the stadium that flat from just after 2pm till gone 7 was excruciatingly difficult.

Agree about the atmosphere being dead, I was sat in front of a group, most of which didn't really know any of the players apart from a few Welsh stars or any of the rules of the game for that matter. Infact I had my fill of the girl behind me mentioning Halfpenny every 5 seconds.

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:01 am

IronMike wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:Well just got home from judgement day...

Agree about the atmosphere being dead, I was sat in front of a group, most of which didn't really know any of the players apart from a few Welsh stars or any of the rules of the game for that matter. Infact I had my fill of the girl behind me mentioning Halfpenny every 5 seconds.

I had similar mate, was front row of middle tier and had a group of young guys dressed up behind me, English accents spent 5 hours putting on dull welsh accents!!

One of the most depressing things was listening to the lineups being anounced...

Scott Andrew...

Luke Hamilton...

Sam W (YYYYYAAAAAAAYYYYYY)ton

Lloyd W (YYYYYYAAAAAAYYYYY)ams

Rhys Patchell...

Leigh (AAAARRRGGGGHHHHYYYYYYAAAAYYYYWWWWOOOOOOHHHHOOOOO)

Rhys Patchell has been our find of the season yet barely 1 crowd member gave a hoot! I also loved the way they ignored players like Bevington, and Fortuali got nothing?!?!?!?!?!!?!!??!?!?!

It was a very poor crowd IMHO!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:05 am

:/

Watching on TV the it looked like a decent sized crowd

Guess you can't expect much after the 6Ns, doing it for the boxing day derbies might produce a better crowd.

As for the games, I really enjoyed both of them

Both were a lot closer than expected, with 8 tries in total along with some good defending and well worked tries.

The end of the Scarlets v Dragons game gave some suspense with wach trying to play to win a BP (pity the ref didn't play a full advantage)

Blues kept it within a score and had their chance at a last minute draw.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:12 am

I picked "Other" above because I wanted to see the O's/Blues derby like I do every year. Despite the dodgy title, the event was a great day out and I really enjoyed it. It was great to see fans from all four of the regions enjoying themselves and the atmosphere was a fun one. I really hope that the event is successful in future. Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:13 am

36k was anounced wales, and tbh if it was 20k anounced I wouldn't have batted an eyelid.

The Dragons game had a bit of a tense ish finish, both teams with something to play for but majority of the crowd had nipped to the bar/loo by time the 75th minute had come around!!!

The rugby itself wasn't that bad, both favourites won, but there was a tempo that had eluded Dragons and Blues for a while now.

I couldve been sitting there watching the All blacks play a world XV though and still wouldve been cold and bored, there was just no atmosphere, and the crowd was a mishmash of kids, parents, stag parties and middle aged women.

At one point there were a group of kids sat below me all wearing their team kits, and between games we had some entertainment of 4 entertainers I had never heard of. Some Scarlet fan was belting out nessun dorma, and this junior rugby team all sat with their hands over their ears in what looked like excrutiating pain. Another guy sang some more opera, before some 12 yr old girl belted out what sounded like love songs and then a group sang a charity ballad thing. It was a total snoozefest!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:17 am

Just goes to show how people's perceptions differ. I personally had a great time as the fans around me seemed to. As for the entertainers - the Scarlets "fan" was Wynne "Go Compare" Evans. I thought Tenors of Rock were blydi fantastic and hugely entertaining. Everyone around us was singing along to them. Although those type of singers may not be to everyone's taste, when they started singing songs everyone knew, the crowd joined in.

You should also bear in mind this is the first time that two Welsh derbies have doubled up like this, so it was a case of see how it goes...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:21 am

Cari wrote:Just goes to show how people's perceptions differ. I personally had a great time as the fans around me seemed to. As for the entertainers - the Scarlets "fan" was Wynne "Go Compare" Evans. I thought Tenors of Rock were blydi fantastic and hugely entertaining. Everyone around us was singing along to them. Although those type of singers may not be to everyone's taste, when they started singing songs everyone knew, the crowd joined in.

Cool In their defence It was the first game I have been to in a long time without having a drink.

But to see so many kids struggling to get involved or attached to the rugby I didn't like at all, usually the kids I take to the Arms park have a wail of a time, spend the whole game chanting, oohing and aghing, banging the boards and joining in with the songs. Today I struggled to keep them entertained, as did a number of parents around me, lots of kids were wandering the isles looking for something to do.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:25 am

Well to be fair two matches back to back is a long day for anyone - even more so in the cold, but that's kids for you. I've seen kids behave like that in cinemas and at gigs. You can't expect them to keep still or stay attentive for that long.

Like I said, I personally had a great time as did my friend who isn't a huge rugby fan. My only complaint would be that food/drink supplies ran low by the time I went for a brew (just before the O's game) but the guy serving behind the bar was very apologetic and said that unfortunately the Stadium (or whoever supplies the catering) hadn't stocked up enough for two matches. Still, this is something that they can learn from now they've done it once.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:27 am

Also worth noting that I was at the Twickers double header last september, and it was immense. Seated in a quins section, entertainment was fantastic and crowd was far better, despite having to spend a fortune for a pint £5.50!!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:29 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:Also worth noting that I was at the Twickers double header last september, and it was immense. Seated in a quins section, entertainment was fantastic and crowd was far better, despite having to spend a fortune for a pint £5.50!!!!

It probably was much better considering they've been doing their double headers for a while now. This was the first time for the Welsh regions. Only time will tell if it's a continuing success or not. I really hope they do it again next year.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:35 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:Also worth noting that I was at the Twickers double header last september, and it was immense. Seated in a quins section, entertainment was fantastic and crowd was far better, despite having to spend a fortune for a pint £5.50!!!!

Blues,

I have had the pleasure of going to Twickers for thier London start to the season and as you said its a great day out thats why I hope we at least give ours a similar chance and let it run for a couple of seasons to see.

The first London double header didn't pull huge crowds but now get a full house also mind you they do have a larger on the day foot fall audience as well.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:37 am

Cari wrote:

It probably was much better considering they've been doing their double headers for a while now. This was the first time for the Welsh regions. Only time will tell if it's a continuing success or not. I really hope they do it again next year.

I'm not saying it was a huge flop, and it will definately be done again (especially as 36k paid an average price above £15!!! But this one was a bit of a flop, the RFU/PRL have already tested the water and the initiatives developed should really have been taken on board by the WRU, allocated spacings for each region wouldve given the crowd some fluidity and unity, some decent entertainment instead of the go compare ad guy, a 12 yr old girl etc.. and a bit more of a spectacle wouldve made the day far better. Maybe even some entertainment in outsied of the seated area, I'm sure guys like face painters, mascots photo ops, and the like wouldve helped enormously and cost little or nothing.

The only time the crowd got a chance is when the real radio DJ's had a mexican wave going!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:43 am

I disagree with the designated spacing for fans. That's segregation, and where's the benefit of that? This is rugby not football. With the regards to the entertainment, given that this was the event's debut, what's the point in the organisers spending a fortune on top entertainers? They could have made a loss if they'd done that. I'm sure that next year they'll look at things like that and improve on this years. To be honest, you sound like you were cynical about the whole thing before you'd sent foot in the MS and whatever happend you'd be disappointed that the derby wasn't in the Arms Park as usual.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:11 am

Went today also and I wasn't to bad. Don't agree with designated area for fans. We had a good laugh with dragons fans behind us, Who btw kept lamenting about fuss and bearman lol. The entertainment was pish I thought. Get some proper bands in! If this keeps going then it'll get bigger. Def be going next year.

As for the game. First half good, second not so.

I did chuckle when halfpenny got a huuuge roar. What about the other 14? Laugh
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:23 am

There are other players? I only see the guy taking kicks

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:24 am

We had mostly Blues and O's fans around us who were a good laugh. I felt sorry for one guy - every time he left his seat to go to the loo or get a drink he missed a try. Very Happy

Incidentally, the "12 year old girl" that Bluesman referred to was West End actress/singer Sophie Evans. I don't know how old she is, but she's definitely not 12...she's seeing one of the U20s Welsh players. Shocked

Incidentally, the game's being repeated on S4C now and again tomorrow morning from 9:30am.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by youngguns6 Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:21 am

That singer was banging!!

Anyway..

I thought the atmosphere was ok, had a good laugh in the Dragons section with plenty of singing. Thought our game vs the Scarlett's was better, lots if offloading with both teams playing rugby whereas the Ospreys seemed happy to strangle the blues and kick goals.

- great to see Jonny Evans bag a try!

youngguns6

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_philVIII Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:02 pm

Cari wrote:I disagree with the designated spacing for fans. That's segregation, and where's the benefit of that? This is rugby not football. With the regards to the entertainment, given that this was the event's debut, what's the point in the organisers spending a fortune on top entertainers? They could have made a loss if they'd done that. I'm sure that next year they'll look at things like that and improve on this years. To be honest, you sound like you were cynical about the whole thing before you'd sent foot in the MS and whatever happend you'd be disappointed that the derby wasn't in the Arms Park as usual.

You are correct here. Someone is just trying to urine all over the event because their kids didnt have a good time. Typical moaning welsh public. This event was the first of its kind and I think it was successful. I also enjoyed both games. Either of those played in the Arms park would have finished 6-3. I hope they do the double header each year as I think it will get better and better.

mikey_philVIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:51 pm

Don't know why people are saying hope it happens next year. It is definitely next year and I thought it was agreed for five years.

Next year is Dragons v Ospreys and Blues v Scarlets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:55 pm

If you want that sort of entertainment go to the Radio 1 road show.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:08 pm

The official attendance was 36,174.

Not bad at all, the stadium was basically half full Smile
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:50 pm

9k each is pretty pathetic actually. There'll be no panic buying in case we miss out next year will there...
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by doddieman Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:52 pm

If successful could it be rolled out for other big games like when ospreys and scarlets meet munster and leinster? Get a lot more away supporters in for something like that surely?

doddieman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:12 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Don't know why people are saying hope it happens next year. It is definitely next year and I thought it was agreed for five years.

Next year is Dragons v Ospreys and Blues v Scarlets.

Didn't know that Risca. Cheers. thumbsup

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:18 pm

Glas a du wrote:9k each is pretty pathetic actually. There'll be no panic buying in case we miss out next year will there...

Give them a break. It was the events debut. My only concern is that numbers decrease instead of increase in future depending on how Welsh international rugby is doing. We seem to be a bit like that in Wales...if everything's good internationally, people want to watch rugby again. Still, we'll see only time will tell...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:19 pm

Glas a du wrote:If you want that sort of entertainment go to the Radio 1 road show.

This made me laughing

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:39 pm

it was a good event and should become a good annual fixture. i can see it growing in popularity. its a good time for it, right after the 6n and over the long weekend. its a good advert for the regions, a clever piece of marketing that should encourage a few more people to go and support their region.

OK one of those from me.

dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:53 pm

Glas a du wrote:If you want that sort of entertainment go to the Radio 1 road show.

Plymouth hoe 1999 with Simon mayo. Bands were gay dad ( remember them? No, ok) and another level.

Rubbish...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:24 pm

Bluesman, you miserable sod! Don't you realise that by sitting there in the crowd with your glum face, not enjoying the event and not getting involved, that you therefore contribute to the poor atmosphere! The WRU would very much appreciate if you choose not to attend next year! You spoil the atmosphere!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:10 pm

Breadvan wrote:

Plymouth hoe 1999 with Simon mayo. Bands were gay dad ( remember them? No, ok) and another level.

Rubbish...

I only ever went to one Radio One Roadshow in 1993 it was in Tenby. The only band I remember being there was M People. It was also boiling hot and I was sick on the bus going home. Laugh

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Valleyboy Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:31 pm

We had a pretty cr@ppy day yesterday.
Trains from and back to Neath were a nightmare ....although I don't suppose I can blame that on the WRU!
We had rubbish seats in the stadium, down low and behind the posts (yet the top tier was empty!), watched 90% of the action on the screen.
Queues for food were horrendous and when you finally got to the front there was little choice left. Run out of hot chocolate which was a bit ridiculous, weren't they expecting it to be cold?!! No hot dogs left either and that was before the Ospreys game had even started. Didn't seem to cater for the numbers that turned up at all.
Been looking forward to it for weeks but we were all disappointed.
Been speaking to others this morning who feel the same.
Got to give it a chance I suppose but I won't be so keen next year.

Valleyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshLad Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:43 pm

Well from my point of view the two matches were played to a pretty high standard, the Dragons vs Scarlets game especially. At times i thought the Scarlets played brilliant rugby with some nice offloads and passes. I was impressed with Scott Williams and the Dragons Half backs. The Blues' first try was brilliant play, as was Jonathan Spratts try
Comparing the rugby played today to some of the rugby thats been played by the regions this year. The two games were a breath of fresh air

WelshLad

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:24 am

Griff wrote:Bluesman, you miserable sod! Don't you realise that by sitting there in the crowd with your glum face, not enjoying the event and not getting involved, that you therefore contribute to the poor atmosphere! The WRU would very much appreciate if you choose not to attend next year! You spoil the atmosphere!

Firstly mate, I tried to keep people around me Gee'd up throughout, I was sat in M12, decent seat but my lord they were quiete and grumbly. I tried to start chants, even had a crack at a mexican wave once... it was demoralising. I noticed a large group of kids on the bottom tier behoind the posts trying too with no success!!!

So before you dole out insults try knowing what your talking about. I had to work to keep the kids entertained, had a bit of a grumble to people around me too. I even went to the loo's at half time 2nd game to see hundreds flooding out through the gates, anyone else notice the stadium was pretty quiet and empty for the last 15 minutes or so of the 2nd game???

Ive spoken to plenty of real grumblers today and yesterday, and despite putting a positive spin on it for a while I had my grumble on here, not that I slated the event massively, the idea is perfect and I was extremely excited by the prospect, just let down by the poor execution!

Oh and speaking to a friend this morning he said the 12 yr old girl is actually 18 or so and Ellis Jnekins girlfriend, it was his uncle hahaha!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:26 am

Oh and I didn't mention segregated seating at all, I mentioned spaced seating where you could choose to be with your home fans.

It worked excellently at Twickers as thousands of quins fans were sat together, the option of fans to sit where they want is fine, but by grouping large numbers together you bring more atmosphere!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:52 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:Oh and I didn't mention segregated seating at all, I mentioned spaced seating where you could choose to be with your home fans.

It's the same thing you're just giving people the option of choosing to sit where they want.

The fact that fans just sat where their tickets stated didn't make that much of a negative difference at all. I was sat with a few O's fans, but there happened to be Blues, Scarlets, Dragons and impartial fans near me too. I thought it made things better because it intergrates people and probably makes the impartial fans feel involved too.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_philVIII Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:59 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:
Griff wrote:Bluesman, you miserable sod! Don't you realise that by sitting there in the crowd with your glum face, not enjoying the event and not getting involved, that you therefore contribute to the poor atmosphere! The WRU would very much appreciate if you choose not to attend next year! You spoil the atmosphere!

Firstly mate, I tried to keep people around me Gee'd up throughout, I was sat in M12, decent seat but my lord they were quiete and grumbly. I tried to start chants, even had a crack at a mexican wave once... it was demoralising. I noticed a large group of kids on the bottom tier behoind the posts trying too with no success!!!

So before you dole out insults try knowing what your talking about. I had to work to keep the kids entertained, had a bit of a grumble to people around me too. I even went to the loo's at half time 2nd game to see hundreds flooding out through the gates, anyone else notice the stadium was pretty quiet and empty for the last 15 minutes or so of the 2nd game???

Ive spoken to plenty of real grumblers today and yesterday, and despite putting a positive spin on it for a while I had my grumble on here, not that I slated the event massively, the idea is perfect and I was extremely excited by the prospect, just let down by the poor execution!

Oh and speaking to a friend this morning he said the 12 yr old girl is actually 18 or so and Ellis Jnekins girlfriend, it was his uncle hahaha!!

So in other words the event was a success except a for a few tribal fans who couldn't stand being away from their arms park? It's pathetic that some people are moaning about kids and the price of hot dogs. Welcome to reality people.

mikey_philVIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:31 am

Cari wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:Oh and I didn't mention segregated seating at all, I mentioned spaced seating where you could choose to be with your home fans.

It's the same thing you're just giving people the option of choosing to sit where they want.

The fact that fans just sat where their tickets stated didn't make that much of a negative difference at all. I was sat with a few O's fans, but there happened to be Blues, Scarlets, Dragons and impartial fans near me too. I thought it made things better because it intergrates people and probably makes the impartial fans feel involved too.

It's easy for an Ospreys supporter or a Turk to feel like this though. Blues and Dragons have lost a home game and should really get the chance to create some sort of atmosphere resembling that they would get at their usual ground.

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:10 am

Cari wrote:

Think you need to go look at segregated in the dictionary, telling people where to sit, and offering them a chance to sit in a regional section are 2 different things.

I'm not saying the mix of people was a bad thing, I love mixing with the fans, but in a half empty stadium the atmosphere was non existant. If the Blues fans were offered a corner I guarentee 75% of blues fans would opt for that corner to become part of the crowd, sing local songs, chant and cheer (dare I mention boo) with their fanbase. It's far easier to let yourself loose, and get involved within a crowd doing the same, rather than cheer when 75% of people around you are indifferent or opposing supporters!

One Ospreys fan hit the nail on the head yesterday when he tapped me on the shoulder and said 'hahaha this must remind you of being back at the City stadium, why is it Cardiff can't do rugby properly?' That I thought was rather insightfull and depressing!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:44 am

The atmosphere in the lower tier on the side where the Scarlets and Dragons came out was fantastic, I was in row 2 sat behind about a dozen Dragons with about 5 or 6 other Ospreys with Blues and Scarlets all within 3 or 4 rows, the banter was great, as others have said the catering was pathetic, personally for me the entertainment was pretty good and I thoroughly enjoyed my day out and will be there next year.
As for the games I thought the intensity in the second was much higher than the first (I know I'm biased), IMO this was a worthwhile exercise and cann't wait for next year.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:59 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:

Only having a bit of fun Bluesman, hence the "!" used throughout. Here, have some stuff to cheer you up:

Whisky guinness cider cake

Seriously though, do you think they should scrap it? Serious question. I wasn't there so can't comment. Does it just need some tweaks for next time, or is it a non starter? Personally, I think it's a damn good idea which will only grow. However, unless you get 70,000 then it's always going to seem 'a bit empty and quiet', 'cos that's exactly what it will be (compared to people's experience of full stadia).

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:39 am

Griff wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:

Only having a bit of fun Bluesman, hence the "!" used throughout. Here, have some stuff to cheer you up:

Whisky guinness cider cake

Seriously though, do you think they should scrap it? Serious question. I wasn't there so can't comment. Does it just need some tweaks for next time, or is it a non starter? Personally, I think it's a damn good idea which will only grow. However, unless you get 70,000 then it's always going to seem 'a bit empty and quiet', 'cos that's exactly what it will be (compared to people's experience of full stadia).

Aye mate it's an excellent idea, one we couldve mimiced for a while now. Twickers was excellent last year when I went, great crowd, great atmosphere and the rugby was pretty decent too.

I turned up in hope rather than expectation I think, knowing the prices I wasn't expecting full house, but after the buzz of the 6N the kids were immensely excited, and I think I was more dissapointed for them as they were flat. They love the arms park, regularly meet other kids, scream and shout at the rugby and bang the boards not to mention the taboo that is entering the pitch at full time.

We first walked in at kick off for the Dragons game, walked up the stairs to very little noise, no atmosphere and spare seats everywhere. I did promise them that it was just early, people hadn't come in yet and it would get better, but by half time of the Blues game they had all but given up, as did numerous other kids as I walked to the toilet there were plenty of them in the walkways mooching about while the game was going on.

The initiative should definately be done again, but the lessons learnt from the early Twickers attempts shouldve been implimented, a far fairer price structure (despite being reasonable for 2 games people are only really interested in their teams game) and some decent entertainment (at one point a few guys near me asked who the operatic guy was until some guys further back started singing go compare) and most importantly bums on seats!!!

I also mentioned that at twickers the sectioned seating worked very well, Quins fans in the majority sat together and sang, cheered and boo'd in unison, and makes a lot of sense (not that I'd force regional fans to be segregated, but a choice of wether they wanted to sit in a certain regional section might be good)

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:58 pm

Hang on

JUDGEMENT DAY!

The WRU have been found guilty of being pathetic, but at least the Western Mail will stick up for them...
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:59 pm

Some harsh JUDGEMENT going on here... Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4