The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ricky Burns vs Gonzales 11th May in Glasgow

+2
Rowley
Adam D
6 posters

Go down

Ricky Burns vs Gonzales 11th May in Glasgow Empty Ricky Burns vs Gonzales 11th May in Glasgow

Post by Adam D Tue 26 Mar 2013 - 12:40

just been to the press conference for this.

Gonzales number 1 mandatory 22-0

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Ricky Burns vs Gonzales 11th May in Glasgow Empty Re: Ricky Burns vs Gonzales 11th May in Glasgow

Post by Rowley Tue 26 Mar 2013 - 12:41

Did you blag any free tickets Adam, or new victims for the podcast?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Ricky Burns vs Gonzales 11th May in Glasgow Empty Re: Ricky Burns vs Gonzales 11th May in Glasgow

Post by Adam D Tue 26 Mar 2013 - 12:54

yes - i now have Eddies number who has agreed to come on, as well as Ricky who is coming on tonight hopefully.

And I am going to try and get tickets but typical luck I am away in Munich on that dat

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 26 Mar 2013 - 12:56

Should be easy for Burns although i dont know much about Gonzales, he is unbeaten but has never fought anyone of real quality but I guess you have to deal with your mandatories

Burns gets a routine win in Scotland then he can look onto bigger and better things against the other world champs where he can actually get some proper exposure

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 26 Mar 2013 - 13:00

Good work Adam, would be a definite boon for the place if we could get Eddie on, as he is very much man of the moment promoting wise.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 26 Mar 2013 - 13:03

Now we have Eddies number, think you can sort me out press passes to Froch/Kessler? Wink

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013 - 13:05

We can ask Eddie if he believes in Audley enough to think he can do a number on Wilder or is he simply feeding Audley to the wolves to get rid of him once and for all.

Eddie knows Audley has disappointed numerous people on numerous occasions but you're only as good as your last fight and, like it or not, Audley was pretty good last time out. He deserves a chance but surely it has to come with the caveat that "this time really IS the last time"

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 26 Mar 2013 - 13:13

Suspect he believes Audley can shift tickets Dave, beyond that I am not sure he is overly worried about his ability to fulfill his self proclaimed destiny.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013 - 13:18

Hearn knows Audley can shift tickets and he admitted it was because most people wanted to see him flattened. Sad state of affairs but if Audley wants to put himself in the firing line (figuratively and literally) and get well paid for it then good luck to him.

I'd like to see Audley win just to see Hearn's face as he thinks "B*ll***s, he's gone and won again, I'm gonna have to put him on a big undercard now. Froch...Brook...Groves...Harrison?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 26 Mar 2013 - 13:34

To summarise the interview I did with Hearn, he said that he had to give this fight to Ricky as otherwise it would have been a matter of saying to Ricky "come to my stable and drop the belt"

Quite interesting and I will try and load it later.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 26 Mar 2013 - 13:45

DAVE667 wrote:Hearn knows Audley can shift tickets and he admitted it was because most people wanted to see him flattened. Sad state of affairs but if Audley wants to put himself in the firing line (figuratively and literally) and get well paid for it then good luck to him.

I'd like to see Audley win just to see Hearn's face as he thinks "B*ll***s, he's gone and won again, I'm gonna have to put him on a big undercard now. Froch...Brook...Groves...Harrison?"

Did you see how disappointed Hearn clearly was when Audley won Prizefighter?? He looked crushed lol was such an awkward interview, especially when he openly pointed out Audley had failed whenever he stepped beyond Euro level.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 26 Mar 2013 - 15:42

TopHat24/7 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Hearn knows Audley can shift tickets and he admitted it was because most people wanted to see him flattened. Sad state of affairs but if Audley wants to put himself in the firing line (figuratively and literally) and get well paid for it then good luck to him.

Did you see how disappointed Hearn clearly was when Audley won Prizefighter?? He looked crushed lol was such an awkward interview, especially when he openly pointed out Audley had failed whenever he stepped beyond Euro level.

Didn't think so, just thought he was being honest.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013 - 16:38

I think Hearn is in a quandry at the minute. Audley's showing in Prizefighter was good enough for people to say he deserves another tilt at a belt. British/Euro whatever (Sprott just got a shot against Helenius so why not Audley?)

However, I think Hearn is worried that when Audley steps up and (possibly) let's himself down, it undoes all Hearn's recent good work as many people will start to think Eddie has suddenly lost the Midas touch without realising that it's just Audley being Audley.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down