The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vitali set to retire.

+9
manos de piedra
bhb001
AlexHuckerby
ShahenshahG
School Project
TopHat24/7
Adam D
Rowley
hampo17
13 posters

Go down

Vitali set to retire. Empty Vitali set to retire.

Post by hampo17 Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:17 pm

Saw Tyson Fury tweet something about this, so had a look and it appears as if Vitali is about to retire to focus on his political career.

This then means Arrealos fight will be for the vacent title and puts the winning of Fury vs Cunningham in number one position.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Vitali set to retire. Empty Re: Vitali set to retire.

Post by Rowley Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:20 pm

Honestly the lengths some 40 odd year old blokes with dodgy knees with interests outside the ring will go to avoid Haye.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:20 pm

I saw this earlier but couldnt find a source.

The only article I read was about him announcin it soon.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:21 pm

Don't trust a word that comes out of Fury's mouth. This is the guy that said the TT fight was off because Maloney wouldn't pay his bills afterall.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:21 pm

I'm wondering where David Haye fits in to all of this? I'm certain he is ranked highly by the WBC and may wind up being involved [EDIT] in getting a shot at the WBC belt somehow...

Didn't he win the Mickey Mouse WBC Interim/Silver title when he fought Chisora? Hmmmmmmm.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:24 pm

Haye is many things SP but stupid is not one of them, has been clear for some time Vitali has limited time left in the sport. Haye knows a belt is going to come available fairly soon and also knows the route to such a belt is unlikely to be too tricky to navigate.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:26 pm

The timing seems perfect - Haye is making an annoucement this week and Vitali is retiring.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:27 pm

I'd laugh if he got to the top and Fury/cunningham/Arreola (whoever holds WBc) fought wlad next and lost the title to him.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:27 pm

Very true Jeff, it's just that the timing (if true!) is almost impeccable!

Vitali retires, Haye is lined up to fight in June/July... It almost makes too much sense!

Haye fighting Arreola or Adamek would sell in the US - not sure if they are well matched fights though.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:28 pm

Well, supposedly he'll be fighting soon, can only imagine it's someone relatively well ranked in the WBC, and then a possible fight against Fury to enthrall Britain once again.

Have to say, the build up between Haye and Fury would be something else midn you.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:30 pm

Too right Adam, always got the impression Haye was never too keen on Vitali. Was offered the fight countless times when him and Wlad were trying to get a deal done and he was always very quiet when responding to the offers. Always seemed to me Haye made noise about fighting Vitali more out of a sense it was what was expected of him rather than any burning desire to fight him. Seemed he was only too ready to take another option whenever the fight got close to being made, be it Audley or Chisora.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:30 pm

Given neither Vitali of Wlad were ever mandatory contenders for each other's portion of the title, it was always going to be a dogfight for the WBC version once Vitali retired.

Whoever gets hold of that belt will defend it a couple of times before facing Wlad and then the whole sorry charade will happen again.

Haye's decision to start facing other top ten opponents (well, we HOPE they're in the top ten) is borne out of a desire to secure an easier route to a belt and the fact that all his money in Cyprus is currently being held by the Government.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:46 pm

Surely Vitali retiring is a big blow for Haye? Its the biggest fight out there money wise & he does seem to want it, he saw how Chisora got on and fancy's his chances. Maybe Vitali has one fight left & Haye would make sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:57 pm

A fight with Vitali is a high risk venture for Haye, so I am certain Haye would see a retirement as a positive rather than a negative. If true, good luck to the man in his new career.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 26 Mar 2013, 5:05 pm

Tend to agree Bhb, Haye also appears to have enough fans who still believe Vitali has ducked him so have to think enough of these will be happy to believe Vitali has retired to avoid him. If Haye comes back after Vitali has made his announcement it looks opportunistic on his part.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 5:07 pm

bhb001 wrote:A fight with Vitali is a high risk venture for Haye, so I am certain Haye would see a retirement as a positive rather than a negative. If true, good luck to the man in his new career.

I don't think its a high risk venture for Haye at all, Vitali has not looked that great for a long time now & Haye would fancy his chances, after all he was at 'that' press conference to call Vitali out & get conformation from his promoter or manager on the fight. As I said before its the biggest fight money wise out there & that's what Haye is about. I just don't see the rest of the HW division bringing in the money and dare I say it but quite possibly fighting Fury would earn him the most!

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 26 Mar 2013, 5:27 pm

I think Haye would much prefer to fight someone like Arreola for the title. He can probably get as much money and it’s a much more winnable fight. It gives him the leverage for a rematch with Wlad then or a couple of financially lucrative defences I am sure. There will probably be a few names scrambling for the vacant WBC title if Vitali retires. His announcement he would fight again coupled with appearing at number 5 in the WBC ratings make me think has a plan.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 26 Mar 2013, 5:28 pm

Fury KO'ing Haye for the WBC belt..........now that would top Barrera spanking Naz.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 5:36 pm

How's Fury going to KO Haye when Audley's set to end Tyson's career first?

Silly boy!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 26 Mar 2013, 5:54 pm

I hope he does retire. Vitali has slowed down a great deal in the last couple of outings. Don't want him losing to someone he would have schooled in his prime

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 26 Mar 2013, 6:49 pm

DAVE667 wrote:How's Fury going to KO Haye when Audley's set to end Tyson's career first?

Silly boy!!!

Reading your post it would appear silliness is contagious.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Vitali set to retire. Empty Haye's Back

Post by seanmichaels Tue 26 Mar 2013, 7:04 pm

Announces his comeback at a news conference on Thursday. Wasn't Vitali announcing something this week?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 26 Mar 2013, 7:52 pm

whoops

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 26 Mar 2013, 8:14 pm

I'm hoping that Haye beats Vitali and we get some excitement and interest in the division, so what he's a blabbermouth, it will genuinely get me pretty excited, just the prospect of these two guys getting in the ring gets me horny... I mean excited...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Tue 26 Mar 2013, 8:37 pm

I'm just glad to see haye back to see if he was actually the 3rd best heavy weight out there

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down