The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great, more spice to the tour..... Barnes to ref NZv France

+5
dallym
Biltong
Taylorman
Morgannwg
blackcanelion
9 posters

Go down

Great, more spice to the tour..... Barnes to ref NZv France Empty Great, more spice to the tour..... Barnes to ref NZv France

Post by blackcanelion Tue 26 Mar 2013, 10:26 pm

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10873883

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Great, more spice to the tour..... Barnes to ref NZv France Empty Re: Great, more spice to the tour..... Barnes to ref NZv France

Post by Morgannwg Tue 26 Mar 2013, 10:36 pm

When you lose to France try not to send any death threats to Barnesy this time.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Great, more spice to the tour..... Barnes to ref NZv France Empty Re: Great, more spice to the tour..... Barnes to ref NZv France

Post by blackcanelion Tue 26 Mar 2013, 10:52 pm

We probably wont lose. It's not a qualification game to play England. We might be ok......

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Tue 26 Mar 2013, 11:26 pm

Based on their 6N performance Barnes would have to have both eyes closed this time...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 26 Mar 2013, 11:32 pm

Well if he closes both eyes the All Blacks can throw a few forward passes as well?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Tue 26 Mar 2013, 11:39 pm

You bet, Crudens got it down to a fine art...even fooled the TMO in replayed slo mo last week... thumbsup

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 26 Mar 2013, 11:55 pm

Saw that. Hence my comment. Laugh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by dallym Wed 27 Mar 2013, 2:14 am

well now we've got an excuse if we lose

dallym

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 27 Mar 2013, 5:14 am

So we can take it then that the All Blacks still hold a grudge against Barnes after 6 YEARS. Crying or Very sad

Come on guys get over it. And they say England are sore losers. Erm

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 27 Mar 2013, 5:45 am

Its not Barnes that Ive got a grudge against, its the eye gougers that I hate.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 27 Mar 2013, 7:19 am

Taylorman wrote:Based on their 6N performance Barnes would have to have both eyes closed this time...

That may explain Barnes performances in recent times.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by dallym Wed 27 Mar 2013, 7:47 am

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Its not Barnes that Ive got a grudge against, its the eye gougers that I hate.

all the Frogs or just Rougerie?

I don't think I could hate them again unless they break our Eden Park unbeaten run or knock us out of the RWC again. Going through that last half hour of the final sitting in the stands, then watching the game again countless times has generated a respect for the French

dallym

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Wed 27 Mar 2013, 8:27 am

I happy admit I won't get over that game Madge. But I know it was just one of those games where everything that could have gone wrong did-and despite being good enough to wallop everyone the two years previous we weren't good enough to get out of the shoite with three measly points. No grudge against Barnes at all.

Wonder if Joubert's got one lol. I'm sure the French will say it's 1-1 then. I don't mind Barnes getting a test. Has been over five years. Hope the guy has a good game.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Wed 27 Mar 2013, 10:57 pm

It's a bit tongue in cheek really. It is one of those games that sticks with most kiwis who watched it. He did have an abysmal game so it's going to be remembered. He's reffed us since then, including here, so in terms of his refereeing I've moved on.

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 27 Mar 2013, 11:50 pm

Yeah me too, looking forward to his warm welcoming though (is it in ChCh?).

I go by McCaws explanation for Barnes which was something like ...' He was as white as a ghost, wasnt up for the occasion and simply froze' For me that explains everything he did or didnt do that day. Refs simply find sporting occasions stressful as well- just the way it is. McCaw said every time he looked at Barnes he looked pale and unsure- scared almost.

BL was similar in the Bok vs Oz match apparently- even by his own comments.

We easily forgive players for succumbing to pressure but not refs as easily it seems...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 27 Mar 2013, 11:53 pm

Walsh is free...perhaps a reunion with Melanie can be arranged...over a cold one...outta here... Run

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down