The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terrible / controversial judging calls, and our perspectives of them

+24
Diamond in the rough
joeyjojo618
milkyboy
Boxtthis
Mr Bounce
TRUSSMAN66
tomfinneywalksonwater
Imperial Ghosty
Lance
spencerclarke
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
BoxingFan88
Lumbering_Jack
mark_england
Mind the windows Tino.
Makaveli
Cast a Shadow
ShahenshahG
bellchees
AlexHuckerby
Adam D
Rowley
KingMonkey
88Chris05
28 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Terrible / controversial judging calls, and our perspectives of them - Page 3 Empty Terrible / controversial judging calls, and our perspectives of them

Post by 88Chris05 Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:01 am

First topic message reminder :

Afternoon, gentlemen.

Quick and to the point, as I desperately need some debate to help get me through this final, terrible day before a long weekend of bliss. Let's talk some of boxing's most horrific judging decicions and the different angles you can consider them from.

What was the very worst one you've seen? Which ones did you think were bad'uns, but which seldom get described as such? Which ones do you regularly see trashed as great injustices despite you thinking that such claims are over-blown? If you could pick out one particular awful judging call and correct it by going backwards in time, which one would you pick, and why?

Naturally, I've got a fair few in my head, but it'd be good to see which ones you guys offer up, and from which of the above angles you decide to view them from; a travesty, an overblown storm in a tea cup, a simple shocker or one which you'd like to put right more than any other.

Let's have it, then. Cheers.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Terrible / controversial judging calls, and our perspectives of them - Page 3 Empty Re: Terrible / controversial judging calls, and our perspectives of them

Post by Atila Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:40 am

milkyboy wrote:Leonard got to him truss, hagler tried to get clever. had he been able to get over the bitterness, when he reflected on that night he'd think he blew it, rather than he got shafted. At the very least he gave Leonard a start and gave the judges the opportunity to see it differently to him. Deep down I think he probably knows that too.
Deep down, Leonard can't be too happy with the fight either.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Terrible / controversial judging calls, and our perspectives of them - Page 3 Empty Re: Terrible / controversial judging calls, and our perspectives of them

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:42 am

Why ????

He won a fight against the p4p number 1 after being out of boxing for 3 years..

Are you kidding me????????????/

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:50 am

No I'm not kidding Truss.

Despite you, milkyboy and two of the judges scoring the fight for Leonard there's still a lot of debate about the decision all these years later. I'm sure that it must irk Leonard a little that there are still people out there who think he lost.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:55 am

Leonard was a huge underdog........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:03 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Leonard was a huge underdog........

Not in his own head he wasn't.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:04 am

Oh..... Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:10 am

Well the guy is talking about whats goes on in Leonards head today. The discussion is about whats in Leonards head which as we know is a very special place.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:13 am

The guy doesn't know what goes on in Leonard's head...and neither do you.

But we know Leonard was a huge underdog......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:26 am

Well we know Leonard said he knew he could beat Marv after being ringside for the Mugabi fight.

Not a stretch to suggest one of the biggest egos that ever stepped into ring would ever doubt himself.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3