The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Webber/Vettel Incident

+2
liverbnz
CaledonianCraig
6 posters

Go down

The Webber/Vettel Incident Empty The Webber/Vettel Incident

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 29 Mar 2013, 9:07 am

Christian Horner is saying that Mark Webber and Seb Vettel have shaken hands and the incident is now in the past. If only everything was that simple eh? According to Horner, Webber will remain at Red Bull until the end of the season. If that happens then I think it is a certainty that Webber will not sign another contract with the team.

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

The Webber/Vettel Incident Empty Re: The Webber/Vettel Incident

Post by liverbnz Fri 29 Mar 2013, 1:42 pm

I think this may be Webber's last year in F1 anyway. As for the resoultion, it's not in the least surprising. Corner 1 in China should be interesting though.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Mar 2013, 2:18 pm

Absolute garbage coming out of Horner's mouth. Weak. Who is Horner reliant upon in keeping his reputation sky-high and continuing to win titles and making him look good, Seb or Mark.......you guessed it. He knows Vettel is the man firing orders at Red Bull nowadays due to the power and support he holds within the team. He can do no wrong in the eyes of Helmut Marko and more importantly Dietrich Mateschitz .

Situation between the two drivers will never be resolved and there was never a relationship of any sort between the two anyway. Shaking hands will do nothing to resolve the situation and is just a media stunt to try and alleviate the problem and make it blow over. This will without doubt be Webber's last year at Red Bull, however will it be his last year in F1 is another question and totally dependent upon competitive seats available and which can't be discussed as of yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 29 Mar 2013, 3:43 pm

I have a feeling this will be Webber's last season in F1. On another note it is understandable now why Hamilton never ended up at Red Bull and he should be relieved. Whoever Red Bull line-up as a replacement will be like a lamb to the slaughtet. Best of luck to them as Vettel's rear gunner.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 31 Mar 2013, 12:30 am

Did they shake after Silverstone? Oh no, because Vettel said he didn't mind Webber racing against orders.

Craig, perhaps Massa would do it? After all, he's been practising as a poodle for a few years now.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon 01 Apr 2013, 7:40 pm

Who cares? Hardly any team mates will genuinely like each other. He is enemy number 1, as that's how you make your way in F1.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Apr 2013, 7:49 pm

monty junior wrote:Who cares? Hardly any team mates will genuinely like each other. He is enemy number 1, as that's how you make your way in F1.

I agree with what your saying. I'm not really bothered too much about the issue between them, it's always been there and will continue that way at Red Bull. Vettel's ruthless streak and determination to win is what separates the good from the best, some people like it and some people don't. Vettel is the enemy no.1 now and it's quite evident that his reputation and respect he has gained over the past three seasons has been dealt a blow. Fans have already turned against him and I expect more to follow suit. He's at the top of his game and people dislike people who dominate a sport such as this one, therefore any opportunity to bring him down, they will jump on instantly. It's how he reacts to this criticism, boos and negative talk that will be the interesting development throughout this saga.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 01 Apr 2013, 9:46 pm

bogbrush wrote:Did they shake after Silverstone? Oh no, because Vettel said he didn't mind Webber racing against orders.

Craig, perhaps Massa would do it? After all, he's been practising as a poodle for a few years now.

Hmmm good call. However, should Massa move on from Ferrari I am sure he will want to go somewhere where he will get a fair crack of the whip.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Tue 02 Apr 2013, 12:51 am

John wrote:
monty junior wrote:Who cares? Hardly any team mates will genuinely like each other. He is enemy number 1, as that's how you make your way in F1.

I agree with what your saying. I'm not really bothered too much about the issue between them, it's always been there and will continue that way at Red Bull. Vettel's ruthless streak and determination to win is what separates the good from the best, some people like it and some people don't. Vettel is the enemy no.1 now and it's quite evident that his reputation and respect he has gained over the past three seasons has been dealt a blow. Fans have already turned against him and I expect more to follow suit. He's at the top of his game and people dislike people who dominate a sport such as this one, therefore any opportunity to bring him down, they will jump on instantly. It's how he reacts to this criticism, boos and negative talk that will be the interesting development throughout this saga.

Agree completely, good post.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 02 Apr 2013, 2:49 pm

Personally, I've no problem with people dominating a sport...provided they do so with honesty and decency and on their own merits.

Fair enough Vettel is one hell of a driver, but he's also had the undiluted backing of the team. Also on the rare occasions when things don't go his way he has shown he's prone to temper tantrums and is willing to risk taking both cars out of a race, such is his selfish, ruthless streak.

He's also shown he's not above blatant lying. At least when Webber defied team orders at Silverstone, he came right out and said so.

This is why I don't like him and they're the same reasons I never liked his mentor (who was also good at giving convoluted, meaningless answers when explaining unsporting/illegal actions).

If you're really that good, why the need for preferential treatment? Why the need to risk ruining races for the team? Why lie and why the lack of good grace to acknowledge team mates?

I've always held that there is a big difference between being a successful sportsperson and a great one.

Anyway, rant over and back on topic. As some have mentioned, this will likely be Webber's last season at Red Bull...and probably in F1, so the Malaysia incident probably is done and dusted and Mark will revert to being the obedient #2 driver he's paid to be...unless he has an attack of bloody-mindedness and decides to try and end his career with a flourish.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 11 Apr 2013, 11:50 am

I see Andrew Benson is writing on one of his two subjects (the other people his love of Alonso).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22106490

I think it's great. We celebrate Senna rightly, who was one of the biggest mentalists on the circuit.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 11 Apr 2013, 12:10 pm

bogbrush wrote:I see Andrew Benson is writing on one of his two subjects (the other people his love of Alonso).

I think it's great. We celebrate Senna rightly, who was one of the biggest mentalists on the circuit.

Not that I claim to remember too much about Senna's career, but I don't think he relied on No.1 status within a team and you tended to see his real personality, both on and off track.

Yes he could be a bit of a nutter at times, but he won entirely on his own merit, without needing team orders or favouritism. Also, from the few interviews I've seen, he didn't try to play up to the cameras the way Seb does.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:27 pm

bogbrush wrote:I see Andrew Benson is writing on one of his two subjects (the other people his love of Alonso).

I think it's quite right a journalist writes about Vettel's inconsistencies and selective memory. Less than 3 weeks ago, he was busy eating humble pie saying that he'd apologised to Webber.

Now apparently he'd do the same thing again and agrees that it's payback for Webber having the nerve to stand up to him once, in comparison to the numerous times Webber's been left high and dry by RB

I mean how any person can be stupid enough to say that the "larger fault" was with Webber at Istanbul 2010, is beyond belief - but maybe we can argue that such a person doesn't know much about F1. Unfortunately, it came from Horner Laugh

It does say a lot about Webber, who is supposed to take no nonsense, that he continues to put up with such a preposterous situation

If you can show us where Senna was backed up, to this degree, by his team then you might have a point

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 11 Apr 2013, 5:12 pm

@banbrotam: if the gossip columns are to be believed, Webber could be driving for Porsche in Le Mans next year.

If he was having any thoughts about staying on at RB, I think this latest revelation might just make his decision for him.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down