The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch KO'd in sparring! (video included)

+13
The Boss
Boxtthis
TRUSSMAN66
Il Gialloblu
Adam D
sweet_pea
azania
BoxingFan88
milkyboy
Imperial Ghosty
ShahenshahG
AlexHuckerby
John Bloody Wayne
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Froch KO'd in sparring! (video included) Empty Froch KO'd in sparring! (video included)

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 1 Apr - 12:48

So this is why training camps get so secretive about letting people film what's going on! I know if a fighter is knocked out in a fight they can't fight again for six weeks, so does that count for sparring too? Fortunately we're not within six weeks of the Kessler rematch, but this will surely dent Carl's confidence, who's always relied on his iron jaw.

Poor quality, but it was probably taken on somebody's phone covertly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Froch KO'd in sparring! (video included) Empty Re: Froch KO'd in sparring! (video included)

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 1 Apr - 13:09

Can't watch it due to being at work but blimey if its real then thats shocking.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Froch KO'd in sparring! (video included) Empty Re: Froch KO'd in sparring! (video included)

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 1 Apr - 13:10

Is it knocked down, or genuinely knocked out.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 1 Apr - 13:16

Holy Poopie he's out cold

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 1 Apr - 13:17

Anyone know who that other fighter is?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 1 Apr - 13:19

George Groves isn't it Shah?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 1 Apr - 13:20

Always said he was chinny! Seriously though, didn't look like that big a shot but he's completely gone. Can see a lot of money going on Kessler after this.

Crisp left hook from groves to be fair

The calslappy fans will live this .

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 1 Apr - 13:21

I think you might be right, I thought he was saunders for a minute then realised he was fighting orthodox

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 1 Apr - 13:23

Its those bloody headguards mate - cant see properly either side, Froch probably didnt see it coming. Groves looks like he's done something naughty Laugh

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 1 Apr - 13:24

A lot of rumours he got dropped in sparring by bellew a year or so back, but nothing like this.

Pretty sure its groves. He told the world he'd dropped groves before the de gale fight so maybe George put a bit extra into this session

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 1 Apr - 13:25

Man that's not good... I have tickets for this as well Sad

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 1 Apr - 13:25

It looks like both of them are fading boxingfan this might be the last hurrah for either of em.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 1 Apr - 13:29

That really was a wild punch but its hard to see how cleanly it hit him. Maybe we can ask groves when he comes onto the podcast in a couple of weeks.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 1 Apr - 13:31

Just goes to show you can't switch off, even in sparring, shah... You know the rules and so do I.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 1 Apr - 13:33

Wow, Froch was talking about how he would give Groves a pasting on SSN not too long ago too.

Does this make people think Groves is a better fighter now, I mean in one sense it is sparring, but at the same time, knocking out a guy like Froch with headguards and bigger gloves makes you wonder how hard he hits, we know he's heavy handed...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 1 Apr - 13:40

Don't know mate, it was a really wild swing probably just caught him off guard. I think its just that he managed to find a sweet spot, because he certainly wasnt looking as he was avoiding a right from froch.

Think this might shake up froch a bit, he's relied far too often on his chin and he might come out a little cautious against Kessler and lose it on lack of workrate.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 1 Apr - 13:46

Meaningless. Sparring isn't the real thing. People are more up for the real fight.

I fully expect kess to win though.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 1 Apr - 13:47

You suggesting the cobra might become a rattled snake shah? Milky reaches for coat in shame

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 1 Apr - 13:47

milkyboy wrote:Just goes to show you can't switch off, even in sparring, shah... You know the rules and so do I.

I think it couldn't have come at a worse time for him, there he was crushing opponents left right and centre and now, theres going to be a little doubt. His heart has been aching for this rematch and hes never been shy in saying it.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 1 Apr - 13:48

Supposedly throughout his entire amateur and professional career he has only ever been knocked down once, by Taylor. There were rumours Bellew had him down, but I don't know how believable they were as Bellew gave no indication that was true.

You could well be right with that one Shah, he'll be questioning his punch resistance now and that could play a massive part in his mental makeup going into the fight.

He's always had that warrior image of himself, that invincibility feeling and that could well have been taken away by this. Perhaps thats overplaying it slightly but it well could take effect.

But I know that Froch writes everything he does down, and compares it to other training camps, well I'm quite sure he hasn't been knocked spark out in any of those training camps before. See what he has to say about it.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 1 Apr - 13:53

AlexHuckerby wrote:Supposedly throughout his entire amateur and professional career he has only ever been knocked down once, by Taylor. There were rumours Bellew had him down, but I don't know how believable they were as Bellew gave no indication that was true.

You could well be right with that one Shah, he'll be questioning his punch resistance now and that could play a massive part in his mental makeup going into the fight.

He's always had that warrior image of himself, that invincibility feeling and that could well have been taken away by this. Perhaps thats overplaying it slightly but it well could take effect.

But I know that Froch writes everything he does down, and compares it to other training camps, well I'm quite sure he hasn't been knocked spark out in any of those training camps before. See what he has to say about it.

I know froch always gives his full commitment and you wouldnt get it from another guy but perhaps this might alter that, and he might start making little changes that are fine in sparring but might desert him in the fight - like Hatton.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 1 Apr - 13:55

milkyboy wrote:You suggesting the cobra might become a rattled snake shah? Milky reaches for coat in shame

I think you should tied up and rolled like a drunk. That was truly horrible.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 1 Apr - 13:59

That said, theres a small possibility it might actually turn out good, as Froch might feel he has to jump on Kessler from the beginning and take him out before he gets into his groove. He's really got a problem and the fight could be slipping away even before it starts.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Mon 1 Apr - 14:14

rick astley never gonna give u up????? anyone have a real link?
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 1 Apr - 14:22

Froch must have made whoever did it take the link down, it was pretty embarrassing

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 1 Apr - 14:25

sweet_pea wrote:rick astley never gonna give u up????? anyone have a real link?

That's the real joke...

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 1 Apr - 14:25

Have I just been done?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Mon 1 Apr - 14:27

BoxingFan88 wrote:

That's the real joke...

i dunno what to believe!
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 1 Apr - 14:27

What's today's date Alex?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 1 Apr - 14:28

Oh bloody hell.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 1 Apr - 14:28

You were all so believable aswell, I had so many theories running through my head. you're all tw*ts.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 1 Apr - 14:28

You dopey Kumquat

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Mon 1 Apr - 14:33

AlexHuckerby wrote:Oh bloody hell.

i read it after 12:00, so it shouldnt count Rolling Eyes
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 1 Apr - 14:36

I am so ashamed that I got rickrolled as well!

Well played sir, well played. clap

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Mon 1 Apr - 14:38

AlexHuckerby wrote:You were all so believable aswell, I had so many theories running through my head. you're all tw*ts.

Dunno about your other theories but that sounds a good one, Alex.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 1 Apr - 14:39

Adam D wrote:I am so ashamed that I got rickrolled as well!

Well played sir, well played. clap

Laugh you should have known as soon as you saw who's thread it was Adam - you got him twice yesterday

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 1 Apr - 14:41

The sad thing is that I am beginning to recognise the URL!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 1 Apr - 14:41

laughing

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Mon 1 Apr - 14:42

Adam D wrote:The sad thing is that I am beginning to recognise the URL!

feel better knowing that i actually clicked that link THREE times to see if it was my laptop acting up Doh
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 1 Apr - 14:42

Your HBO was a stroke of genius, but it was averted accidently because of my habit of thanking the supplier of the link first before watching the vid, then saw it was a youtube vid Laugh

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 1 Apr - 14:44

I wish you hadn't given up the ghost sweet pea, it would have been funny to see alex's reaction after a 12 hour shift at work, drooling at the thought of seeing that vid and then getting rick rolled

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 1 Apr - 14:46

I would have had a breakdown of some sort.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 1 Apr - 14:48

To be fair most people have a breakdown at the sight of rick astley - jbw must be nearing that now.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Mon 1 Apr - 14:49

ShahenshahG wrote:I wish you hadn't given up the ghost sweet pea, it would have been funny to see alex's reaction after a 12 hour shift at work, drooling at the thought of seeing that vid and then getting rick rolled

i wish i wasnt so thick. this happened to me a few days ago, cant remember the thread though.
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 1 Apr - 14:50

ShahenshahG wrote:To be fair most people have a breakdown at the sight of rick astley - jbw must be nearing that now.

Might be attacked for this but, I dont mind being Rick Rolled. It's such a quality tune imo...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 1 Apr - 14:53

Given we got most of the lyrics into the thread Alex, I assumed you were too young to know it!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 1 Apr - 14:55

milkyboy wrote:Given we got most of the lyrics into the thread Alex, I assumed you were too young to know it!

Used up all the ones we could without giving the game away - so i started using other rick astley song names Laugh sweet pea might have saved me from a headache

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 1 Apr - 14:57

Never gonna give you up.... Never gonna let you down.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 1 Apr - 15:00

We could have been together forever thinking of them. Quite sad that we're only 'believable' quoting stock aitken and waterman. Whistle

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 1 Apr - 15:26

Who the F**k is Rick Astley??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next