The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Oohhh Yeeeesss" the only thing that's dead is the streak!!!!

+12
liverbnz
Crimey
JamesLincs
Kid Vicious
SirJohnnyEnglish
crippledtart
x12x
Shot 21 LCFC
Enforcer
kingraf
Adam D
Kay Fabe
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

"Oohhh Yeeeesss" the only thing that's dead is the streak!!!! - Page 2 Empty "Oohhh Yeeeesss" the only thing that's dead is the streak!!!!

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 03 Apr 2013, 3:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

I truly don't get this whole CM Punk/Undertaker storyline, as someone who's followed Wrestling for almost 25 years its a strange one, Wrestling is a different beast, when someone is slaughtered live on Air in Wrestling its seen as a respectful tilt of the hat, however I just don't feel that the WWE, CM Punk or the Undertaker himself have came out of using Paul Bearer's death as a plot line very well indeed, infact its came across as cheap and tacky and very classless.

Sometimes in Wrestling you don't understand everything that goes on, that for me is a good thing, while you want to know as much as possible you shouldn't know everything, things should still hopefully shock and surprise you, enough so that it feeds on your emotions, sometimes a story will play out that I don't fully understand but at the pay off I'll say "ahhh I get it now"...

The only way this whole CM Punk/Undertaker storyline would play out that would make me say "ahhh I get it now" would be if CM Punk beat The Undertaker at WrestleMania after Taker got startled by none other than Paul Bearer, Bearer being alive would be the only way I'd accept the way they've used his death in this storyline.

The timing of his death was extremely suspicious, I dare say it'd be devastating for his friends and family at any point of the year but for it to happen two days after Taker made his WWE return and for it then to be instantly used in the storyline is coincidental and opportunistic.

With the way the WWE have shied away recently from Wrestling deaths its a completely stark contrast.

Now, I'm not suggesting that Paul Bearer is alive and he'll help CM Punk end the streak, what I'm saying is that I feel the storyline has become so tedious that the only way it'd not be as distasteful would be if Bearer was actually alive and he and Punk were "in it together" to destroy the streak.

For what its worth I feel it'll be a pretty basic and ordinarily straight forward victory for Undertaker with the odd bit of theartre when Punk looks like he might get the win

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

"Oohhh Yeeeesss" the only thing that's dead is the streak!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: "Oohhh Yeeeesss" the only thing that's dead is the streak!!!!

Post by x12x Fri 05 Apr 2013, 4:34 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:When the story is as bad as many of us have said then what do you expect. I wouldn't say Punk has been good either (and I don't think he was great in the feud with The Rock) but he'll get excused cos he's Punk. And I'd agree with James, the hair is probably just a measure of stopping it from looking really crud as its clearly receding quite a lot

Punk's "box with God" promo is one of my favourite ones he's done, I think he was as good as ever in the feud...it helped show his first step in to the ego maniac we now have.

x12x

Back to top Go down

"Oohhh Yeeeesss" the only thing that's dead is the streak!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: "Oohhh Yeeeesss" the only thing that's dead is the streak!!!!

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 05 Apr 2013, 4:53 pm

That part was brilliant, I was mainly disappointed with how he went with it after the Rumble. He has certainly been better across the end of 2012. And he's done very little in this Taker feud, a couple of decent lines but the story has been too bad

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 05 Apr 2013, 8:41 pm

I don't think Punk's been anywhere near his best in this feud but I don't blame him, not because its Punk but because I feel they've absolutely saddled him with a bum steer of an angle, Undertaker has said about 3 sentences in 5 weeks, how exactly is anyone supposed to look good against someone who doesn't do or doesn't say anything and someone who isn't deemed healthy enough to take serious enough bumps that could leave you wanting more?

I've heard a lot recently that Punk has 'earned' Undertakers respect, well if that's the case I've yet to see it because The Undertaker has added absolutely nothing to this feud so far

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2