The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For what it's worth regarding Audley Harrison...

+16
sweet_pea
OasisBFC
tunes666
Boxtthis
milkyboy
bhb001
TRUSSMAN66
eddyfightfan
Rowley
armchairwarrior
manos de piedra
88Chris05
mobilemaster8
Strongback
davidemore
BallchinianMuffwig
20 posters

Go down

For what it's worth regarding Audley Harrison... Empty For what it's worth regarding Audley Harrison...

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Fri 05 Apr 2013, 10:15 am

You can't deny the guy has given us viewers some absolutely fantastic knockouts in the past. I was just sat thinking about them after hearing he has signed to fight Wilder. (i.e his first bout in the recent prizefighter tourney, Coleman Barret, Danny Williams rematch, Sprott rematch) and part of me actually hopes he pulls off the unimaginable and gets the win against Deontay.
But the realist in me reckons he'll go on the retreat after the first jab/cross tags him and will eventually fold when Wilder gets busy enough.

How do you think this fight will go? Cheers.

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

For what it's worth regarding Audley Harrison... Empty Re: For what it's worth regarding Audley Harrison...

Post by davidemore Fri 05 Apr 2013, 10:20 am

Audley will get Ko'd but good luck to him. Let's hope it actually knocks sense into him this time and he retires.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

For what it's worth regarding Audley Harrison... Empty Re: For what it's worth regarding Audley Harrison...

Post by Strongback Fri 05 Apr 2013, 10:27 am

Audley has a dream, who are we to thread on his dream.

War Harrison!

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 05 Apr 2013, 10:34 am

He is following and chasing his elusive "destiny" whatever it may be!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 05 Apr 2013, 10:53 am

Audley will freeze again, I'm sure of that. It never fails to amaze me how he can still get people believing in him, and I don't even mean people backing him to win - I'm actually amazed that anyone can think he's even going to make the fight remotely competitive and give Wilder anything to think about.

Audley can look good against the Prizefighter entrants, or the likes of Ali Adams, all he wants. Get hung up on his record all you like, but Wilder is a huge improvement on those kind of fighters. Audley is roundly expected to be put away in quick time here, just as he was against Haye and Price - and he knew that on both occasions, hence his rabbit in the headlights routine. It'll be exactly the same this time out, I think. Audley against a confident, hard-hitting and athletic fighter is just never going to end well.

Audley to throw virtually nothing and be stopped inside two rounds would be my take.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 05 Apr 2013, 11:04 am

Its hard to buy that Audley really believes he can beat a Klitschko for the world title. I can understand wanting to go out on a high or something like that. Which winning prizefighter might have done to a small degree. But looks like he wont stop until hes blasted out again.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by armchairwarrior Fri 05 Apr 2013, 11:17 am

Good morning guys. Just to introduce myself properly, I live in the west country ( someone has to ), I follow 606 but rarely post due to time constraints. It seems really good - a lot of banter, but clever dudes who know their stuff!

Audley is uniquely bizarre. He has real technical skill but hardly ever uses it, he has dogged determination, but rarely in the actual fight, he shows glimpses of what he could be....but never is.

I though initially he was like Eddie the Eagle in ski jumping, but Audley in boxing does fundamentally have more talent then Eddie did in his.

I think his whole issue is a ill suited temperament to actually fighting and/or possibly a personality disorder of some kind.

He is certainly one of those people who could be quoted in motivational books!

I really liked him at the start, got disillusioned, slated him, believed again, got disillusioned, got fed up, believed again....etc.....etc...etc...

I now have a king of head shaking admiration for his unbelievable, unequaled unique persistence!....and yes as some people are saying, the weird thing is he might beat Wilder, but whatever, loads will tune in to watch.....and although it probably won't happen, I for one would actually be delighted if he poleaxed Wilder with a shot that we know he is capable of.

armchairwarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 05 Apr 2013, 11:22 am

Like others have said is impossible to see anything other than Audley freezing, getting knocked out within a couple and saying he was just getting into his rhythm. Can only believe if there was some magic formula to unlock the puzzle and stop this happening he would have found it by now.

Would dearly like to say that would finally draw the curtain on his career, but recall we were saying the same prior to Haye and prior to Price and if those were not clear enough signs that it, whatever it is, was not there then you have to assume another crushing defeat would not do it.

Am sure Union still has the faith though.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 05 Apr 2013, 11:24 am

he is quite queer, as chris mentioned he freezes at the important points in his career, that said his attitude has never changed and i hate to admit i am starting to warm to him. when he was younger it really annoyed me he couldnt make the most of his talents, but now the dream has well and truely gone somethings changed and i'd actually like to see him floor wilder, and get a shot at another contender.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 05 Apr 2013, 11:30 am

I find it amusing how Strongback sticks the boot into Haye and yet is getting behind Harrison..........

A guy that basically ripped everybody off against Haye and has always been overpaid and under performed..........and who shoots his mouth of just as bad..

Haye fight included.. it's stinker after stinker.. (Doesn't think a Boxer should get hit) loses meekly and then wins a tournament full of never-done-wells and never-do-wells....

He was gut-wrenchingly humiliated against Haye but it never registered with him...Ego is that large!!

The guy is a joke.................If he hadn't won an Olympic title against slobs he'd be nothing...and he's traded on that title ever since...........

F**k him off and don't give him any more publicity..

Doesn't deserve it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 05 Apr 2013, 11:36 am

Tend to agree Truss, remember on the back of the Haye fight Jamie Moore was interviewed about his performance and he said it was embarrassing that someone like Audley who has constantly failed to deliver is given a shot at a world title, which he never received and he goes out so timidly. Moore said the least you could expect is he should go down with some sort of fight, and you can be damned sure had Moore had the opportunity he would have done just that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by armchairwarrior Fri 05 Apr 2013, 11:46 am

Hi Trussman, I like your posts mate - down to earth and no prisoners....

I think the failing lies as much with the sport as Audley for allowing Audley to carry on - the "looking for the angle" promoter who can use him and cash in on the negativity!

Extremes attract attention - v good and v bad.

Indifference is the killer.

You are right. If no-one spoke about him, he would be nothing!

My "failing" is that I might still watch...... Whistle

armchairwarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri 05 Apr 2013, 12:00 pm

He is a bit like passing a car crash. We all complain about the ghouls who are rubber necking, but our speed slows a fraction to much as we also sneak a look going past. No way he gets past round 2; unlikely to survive round 1. I will be both pleased and dismayed he actually pulled off a win!! Audley has that polarising affect.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 05 Apr 2013, 12:07 pm

As George dubya once said. 'Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice..... Er.... .......
.... ...
You ain't ever going to fool me again'

Knew his boxing did George.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 05 Apr 2013, 12:08 pm

Hussein never fooled him twice..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 12:35 pm

As the 27th April draws nearer I expect the demons to start gnawing away at Audley's psyche and turn him into the disappointing fighter who tends to show up for the big occasions. However, when you consider that Audley's not in the main event (I can't think they'd grant him co-headliner status) the pressure to perform may no longer be on him and he may just throw the ol' A Force double triple bluff.

Whatever, good luck to the fella and I hope that no-one gets badly hurt

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Fri 05 Apr 2013, 12:40 pm

Audley has a major problem when it comes to boxing. He can't cope with being punched in the face. Wilder is too strong, aggressive, and hard punching. Audley is likely going to be KO'd. I would love to see him win though.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 05 Apr 2013, 1:50 pm

I don't think he will freeze again, he has come in great shape in his last two apperences and against price was not freezing just let price drop his big bomb.. It's hard to predict as wilder could go on to be a genuine champ.. But if Audley comes in fit and ready I give him a chance as wilder is on proven yet. My fear is Audley punch resistance does not look great at his ageiit's to be expected. Genuine interesting fight though..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 05 Apr 2013, 2:20 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I find it amusing how Strongback sticks the boot into Haye and yet is getting behind Harrison..........

A guy that basically ripped everybody off against Haye and has always been overpaid and under performed..........and who shoots his mouth of just as bad..

Haye fight included.. it's stinker after stinker.. (Doesn't think a Boxer should get hit) loses meekly and then wins a tournament full of never-done-wells and never-do-wells....

He was gut-wrenchingly humiliated against Haye but it never registered with him...Ego is that large!!

The guy is a joke.................If he hadn't won an Olympic title against slobs he'd be nothing...and he's traded on that title ever since...........

F**k him off and don't give him any more publicity..

Doesn't deserve it..

I suppose we can never expect 'the American' to be able to interpret sarcasm.

Why is Truss allowed to blatantly bypass the bad language filter? One of the reasons I come to this site is because foul language in not permitted.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 05 Apr 2013, 2:21 pm

I'm telling the teacher of you... Laugh

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 2:24 pm

Why is Truss allowed to blatantly bypass the bad language filter?
When you say bad language, do you mean profanity or just the fact that TRUSSMAN's grasp of the English language borders on the criminal?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 05 Apr 2013, 2:25 pm

Never went to finishing school. Cool .........

Just a Country boy looking for some tourism..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 05 Apr 2013, 2:29 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'm telling the teacher of you... Laugh

No poster I know has reported more posts than your good self. You were always trying to cozy up to that female mod on the old board.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 05 Apr 2013, 2:31 pm

How would you know If I reported anybody????

Not making things up like Yates never did Smith Machine squats are you??

Your word...............is pretty cheap..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 05 Apr 2013, 2:35 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:How would you know If I reported anybody????

Not making things up like Yates never did Smith Machine squats are you??

Your word...............is pretty cheap..

Laugh

You must think I have a short memory.

If only you still had the option to delete posts like you used to.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 05 Apr 2013, 2:36 pm

No substance............... Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Fri 05 Apr 2013, 4:26 pm

haye was ringside at prizefighter 2 and full of praise for audley. he said if audley turned up looking as good as he did for prizefighter for the haye fight it would have gone on a bit longer and been more competitive.

the 2 of them being enemies for their fight made them both a lot of money without being true.

sure they werent best buds but by no means were they enemies.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 4:36 pm

OasisBFC wrote:haye was ringside at prizefighter 2 and full of praise for audley. he said if audley turned up looking as good as he did for prizefighter for the haye fight it would have gone on a bit longer and been more competitive.the 2 of them being enemies for their fight made them both a lot of money without being true.

sure they werent best buds but by no means were they enemies.

However, he stopped short of saying that if he ever fought Audley again, he still smash him to pieces...but you know he wanted to.

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 05 Apr 2013, 4:49 pm

You mean if Audley threw a punch he might have done better!?

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 5:48 pm

He could hardly have done worse

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Fri 05 Apr 2013, 8:17 pm

boxingscene have reported a "source" stating he was present during a sparring session between wilder and harrison, during which wilder was dropped twice.

thats only in sparring though.
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 05 Apr 2013, 8:29 pm

Well apparently Froch was KO'd in sparring >.<

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Fri 05 Apr 2013, 8:29 pm

I recall Audley being on Ringside talking about sparring Wilder and he appeared to be pleased with how it went without giving away too much.
I hope he did and it gives him confidence going in. Also hope he takes a leaf from Tony Thompson and looks to counter when backed up rather than freeze and look for the exit.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 05 Apr 2013, 8:35 pm

RanjitPatel wrote:I recall Audley being on Ringside talking about sparring Wilder and he appeared to be pleased with how it went without giving away too much.
I hope he did and it gives him confidence going in. Also hope he takes a leaf from Tony Thompson and looks to counter when backed up rather than freeze and look for the exit.

It's Harrison mate, it literally is a roll of the dice.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Fri 05 Apr 2013, 8:40 pm

I should have added I meant genuine confidence too and not the usual deluded hype that he normally spouts.
Always liked Audley going back to the 1st Williams fight. Remember feeling sorry for him when the knockdown came. Couldn't believe how poor he was in that fight at the time.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 05 Apr 2013, 8:49 pm

Dislocate his shoulders and someone replay that malcolm x speech, we are powerful beynd measure. I bet you he will give a lacyesque beating to wilder. Sadly, he likes Rocky but can't identify with him, because he throws many punches and takes many too.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Sat 06 Apr 2013, 3:57 pm

Audley Harrison is a gold medal Olympian. He can be extremelly proud of his career. I think the level of abuse directed at he who won a gold medal in the Olympics for this country is disgraceful.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 06 Apr 2013, 4:10 pm

His pro career has been a disgrace.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 06 Apr 2013, 4:36 pm

winchester wrote:Audley Harrison is a gold medal Olympian. He can be extremelly proud of his career. I think the level of abuse directed at he who won a gold medal in the Olympics for this country is disgraceful.
With all due respect this is the pro game and he should not really count the gold as an achievement when talking about his pro career. He was a great amateur boxer in the days where it had less financial support and should get credit for that, but he is now in the pro game.

That being said, While he has clearly fell short at world level. He has still proven to have talent and compete with Domestic and Euro level fighters and on his day is a handful for most. But most people give up and do not pursue dreams or do the things they love, and for me that's why Audley irritates many as he does what he wants and not what others expect or ask of him.

If he had quit when others told him too (as they would have) he would have not won two prize fighter competitions, a Euro title and had a crack at a world title. All possess a level of success as a pro and those are the facts.

Will he be a world champ?, highly unlikely but who is to tell him he cant try?, even if he wants to seek that lucky knock out blow, then he has a right to do so, as we have a right to pay to see it or not.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down